AC Hot Lap Challenge News

Discussion in 'AC HLC Season 1 (finished)' started by Shaun Clarke, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

SRP Hot Lap Challenge Rnd 1.

Well, the banter started really early with Kris Vickers saying after 2 days “Hehe I'm winning!! First time for everything, eh?”, only for Rob Hermans to come back with “Mmmmnah, "winning" implies crossing the finish line...and the fat lady hasn't even warmed up yet!” ohh fighting talk, and we have only opened Round 1, this is going to be intense.

After a fast and frantic finish, with time running out, it was Rob Hermans taking top honours for the first round of the Hot Lap Challenge with a 1:09:068 with 30mins left on the clock. This was very very closely followed by Eric Stranne, with only a 0.051 gap in 2nd place and another late lap by Luka Peklaj pipped Darren Adams to third, only 0.079 off the best time. Overall, less than a second separated the top 10.

Looking further down the field, and ending up in 11th place, Rob Wilson said “I've just thrown down a few laps around Donington, mucked about with setup” so he is hoping to improve in Rnd 2, and running in a very respectful 5th Place, Kris Vickers said “Tried some more laps last night and couldn't get anywhere near my old time. Think I borked my setup

When spoken to further down the grid, Neil Rocks said “Found time for a few laps today - I'll never be the 'King of hotlaps' but I do have some goals: mainly, to be at least within 2 seconds of P1, and aside from that, to match or beat Mr Newcomb” so there is some rivalry going on already and he achieved both goals for Round 1, so well done Neil.

Speaking to the series creator, Shaun Clarke, he said, “It’s great to see so many people taking up the Challenge, as it’s not as easy as you think. You put a time in which you think is fantastic, then you get beaten, so you try hard to improve, and you end up trying too hard, and it all goes pear-shaped, but I am looking forward to next 11 events and see things really heat up”.

When questioned on his position in Round 1 Shaun said “I look forward to Round 2

So Round 1 over. A day’s breather before Round 2 starts, which is the Tatuus at Brands Hatch GP!

Current standings:

[IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Kris Vickers Licensed Driver

Hehe me likey!

Is this making its way onto social media at all? Should be shared for the world to see :)
  3. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Thanks a good Idea Kris... I will mention to the powers that be :)
  4. Kris Vickers Licensed Driver

Think a FB (as much as a hate it) page may do well, given somebody with time to manage it?
  5. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

SRP has it's own FB page and also Twitter account, so I have poised your question Kris, as I think it is a great one..coming from somebody that doubted my ability to run a Series.....PMSL...no hard feelings....#man hug
  6. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

7. Neil Rocks Licensed Driver

Nice write-up, Shaun. Looking forward to Brands :)
  8. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Thanks Neil....this is a lot of fun, and I try to emphasise this in a write up as well...it makes it that all the more fun...in my eyes
  9. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

Is there any need to have the damage on, its quite a long lap to have a slight knock and have to start again from pits. Pretty please...
  10. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Stay away from the barriers then....next you will be asking for car to be in bubble wrap :)
  11. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Wow...is there an "unfriendly" post rating for that one? o_O:p
  12. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Oh come on....Stacy is a well established driver, it wasn't unfriendly, it was matter of fact.....and tongue in cheek and LOL

I can turn it off if you want, but then what's the point of a HLC, practice makes perfect
  13. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Aha! So Fordies CAN be gullible if you catch one off-guard! PMSL
  14. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

15. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

I can assure you of 2 things Shaun.

1. I have a very thick skin and as insults go that was a borderline hug... ;)

2. I am never the "driver" I am at best a "fast flash passenger", (anyone get the movie reference for 1 point) ??
  16. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

I'll take a stab at "Good Will Hunting"?
  17. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

So far off the mark its painful. :confused:

Clue : Its a bit of a niche movie very much aimed at me and my cohorts, in the 70's/80's. :D
  18. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Party Party :)
  19. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Oh, that's easy then, it must be "Broke Back Mountain"... [IMG] [IMG]
  20. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

Ouch....... I have no issue with our Gay brothers, but I have never been tempted, sorry to disappoint you,
    keep looking I'm sure there's someone out there for you. ;)

well done Shaun, hope that you knew from experience and Google was not your little helper?.:cool:

Just had to lend the dvd to a friend, just a classic.