Audi setup help

Discussion in 'Race 07 - Setups' started by David Slee, Sep 28, 2013.

1. David Slee Licensed Driver

Hi all,

I'm new to this league and Race07 so I could use some help with a setup. I'm finding that when I'm braking hard and slowing down, the engine feels and sounds like it's going to stall and bogs down a lot. I've tried adjusting the lock, coast and pre-load but I must be doing something wrong because I can't get rid of this bogging during braking. Any help would greatly be appreciated :D

DaveS (Dave Slee)
  2. Simon Gardner Licensed Driver

Is it not the brakes locking? Lower brake pressure and play with the brake bias.
  3. David Slee Licensed Driver

I don't think it the brakes, I'm got them set at 85%
  4. Eric Stranne Licensed Driver

It's something to do with the diff in the rear. It will very easily lock up in inside rear wheel under braking, making the engine loose RPM quickly. I get around this by braking a tiny bit earlier but not as hard, blipping quite extensively, and if I hear or feel that the rears are locking up, I give a bit of throttle while still braking to match the RPM with the speed so one rear wheel doesn't lock up and I go sliding.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

Wise words from the Stranne.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. David Slee Licensed Driver

Thanks guys for the advise, I'll adjust my braking points and technique.

Cya on track
  7. David Slee Licensed Driver

Thanks again for the tips guys, I'm starting to get a hang on the braking style required with these cars but I'm not sure if my setup is even close to being were it should be with the Audi, would someone mind sharing a base Audi setup with me.

DaveS
  8. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

It doesn't even have to be another Audi driver; the Merc and the Audi are exactly the same car underneath the different body shells, so setups are transferable between them.The BMW might be a bit different, as it's not part of the original DTM2010 mod.

I'd help you out if I could Dave, but I've done almost no driving with these cars. One thing you could try: form a team with one of the drivers who are currently independent and work on setups together. Post HERE to advertise the fact that you're looking for a team mate.
  9. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

All cars with the Final release of the mod should be balanced completely, set ups have been/will be transferable.

Eric said it best i guess, nice explanation.