[Aug 16th, 2015] SRP PMSC S3 - Pre Season R3 (Orchard Lake)

Discussion in 'PMSC S3 Calendar' started by Andreas Löffler, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

For me it is, i have a link there - maybe you have to delete any cache :rolleyes: ?
  2. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Yes, there's a link there now. It wasn't there when I posted earlier....or maybe I just didn't see it because I'm used to clicking the image for the race results (link embedded in the image).
    Thanks.
  3. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

We would need to see the server replay to see some different angles, and to determine the steering input from those drivers.
    From Andy's on-board video it looks like there was contact between the rear right of the black car and the front left of the pink car. There was plenty of space for both of them though, and an avoidable collision.

If this was in a championship round, I wouldn't be too hasty to say whose fault it was until after reviewing the replay.
  4. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

I just looked at Andy's video of race 2...looks like the same sort of thing happened at the start. :( I can't tell if it's the same driver, because there are two drivers in view who are using the same skin, and the labels are not clearly visible in the video.

For these pre-season races ONLY, I suggest a few practice starts during official practice. This sort of incident can be avoided by taking more care to ensure no contact occurs in this critical part of the race.

One contributory factor is that some drivers are regularly getting a much better start than those ahead of them. If the start was more even in terms of getting up to speed, there would be less chance of lots of cars wanting the same piece of track.
    Perhaps those faster guys could share their starting method?
  5. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

But ... If we don't;) have the crashes at the start I will never get to 10th place from where I start :p
  6. Daniel Bernasconi Licensed Driver

Thanks for racing, I had a lot of fun and learned much about the Porsche again. I can handle the car now much better than in the first race (Montreal), but still not good enough. I'll have to do much more practice laps. But overall, I like it very much. Some practice starts during the pre-season races is a good idea.
  7. Risto Kappet Licensed Driver

Autoclutch on, full gas, shift to 1st at green lights. Just dumping clutch without autoclutch on 1st works prettymuch the same aswell.
    Just use any method/combination of 1st gear lenght that doesnt bog you down, then its fast.
    You can be spinning wheels a bit but you are still gripping like crazy because RR layout so no real need to modulate gas/clutch.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

Hopefully I drive better than I did here....

Sorry about that.