BTCC S2 - Winter Break

Discussion in 'BTCC Season 2 (finished)' started by Andy Breedon, Jul 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Nice, Calm relaxing break for 3 weeks.

:D
  2. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

So what's up, im just chilling, everyone getting relaxed, having massages and drinking beer in the sunshine? me neither but the practice server is up and the weights are to be applied, giving you all something to do if you are like me stuck in doors due to cold and bad weather, enjoy! :D
  3. Jonatan Åcerclinth Licensed Driver

For me I'm doing this:

Studying for my part finals in next week
    Practicing for an GrC SportsCars Enduro at HSO
    Practicing for a V8 championship
    Practicing for an rF Clio championship
    Practicing for a GSC Mini Championship
    Practicing for a TCL BTCC 88 championship race

ummm..... :confused:

Thinking what the next rF Single Event should be, look out, could be a real blast!!! :)

ummm..... :confused:

No, that's it I think, of things I need to do :)

And they say I have to much sparetime :p

Oh, and I'm refereeing on Saturday and have my brother with family over on Sunday, the same day as the Enduro event is, and a staff meeting on Saturday evening...... :confused:

:D
  4. Joao Borges Licensed Driver

Took the break to get my PC fixed. A friend of my dad's is fixing it for me free of charge. :) I should have the PC back around Monday or Tuesday. With the problem sorted out hopefully, I'm considering upgrading it in the future. Thank god for the break, I can now get my PC fixed and still have time to practice. :D :p
  5. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

A man's work is never finished.

Oh, you want more info? It's spring cleaning time already, so I'm spending time doing stuff around the house now that I've recovered from 5 nights' racing in a row! Today I'm adding to the loft insulation, which means a couple of hours removing the stuff stored there, putting the new rockwool in, then replacing all the stuff...see you at dinner time.
    The outside of the house gets attention tomorrow, and that will take the rest of the weekend, because there's wall-to-wall dirt and I'll be watching wall-to-wall F1 coverage on SKY when the live sessions are on. :)

Something to make you chuckle, perhaps?
    What do call a deer with no eyes? No-eye deer. What do you call a stationary deer with no eyes? Still no-eye deer. :p
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Jim Cole Licensed Driver

That joke went over my head Rob, I guess I don't have the vocabulary for that one, hehe.
  7. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

I had the hyphens in the wrong place actually, but don't tell me, even after that edit you've still no idea? :D

My seven-year-old daughter told me that one.
  8. Jim Cole Licensed Driver

Ok, after that edit, I can understand it now, but I still have no ideer ;)
  9. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Good stuff guys, Jonatan has his priorities correct of course, the recreational list outweighs the boring educational stuff :)

Glad to hear Joao, i wish you and your pc all the best, may she live long and prosper.

Rob record the f1 and upload it pretty pls lol :( i am NOT paying sky to lie to me and phone hack! :p so digi download for me :)

Im looking around for gear to buy for me car, plan to have a day next week when off installing /fitting the new gear then drive like mad! :D

I think some pub nights and practice for the upcoming round should do me :)
  10. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Recording is easy enough, but uploading requires:
    - opening the the SKY+HD box
    - removing the HDD from the box to connect it to a PC
    - copying and decrypting the recorded files
    - editing the recordings to remove the ads at the beginning and to clean up the start and end
    - splitting up the finished product into YT-sized chunks
    - spending several hours attending the uploading process

For that amount of work, you can pay me instead of SKY!
    It would be a lot simpler to watch the BBC highlights and live coverage (when that's available), made more enjoyable now that Suzi Perry is on the team. :)
    There's a change to the schedule due to the rain-delayed qualifying being postponed until Sunday: Q2 and Q3 will now run at 11am local (that's midday in the UK). The forecast for Sunday is dry.
  11. Bjorn de Haas Licensed Driver

practice for the gpm league and a bit of relaxing
  12. Joao Borges Licensed Driver

Or you can watch F1 on the internet. :D Quality isn't as good but it's free :p Here in the US, F1 is now shown on NBC. Only annoying thing is the commercial breaks, there are so many. I watch on the internet sometimes from SKY Sports and there are no commercial breaks at all. Maybe that's why you have to pay extra. :p
  13. Jonas Orfelt Licensed Driver

well since this break ends at easter weekend, i wont be able to join you, holliday and all:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.