Chit Chat

Discussion in 'PMSC Season 2 (finished)' started by Andreas Löffler, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Talk here about everything you like about the Porsche Supercup season 2 :cool:.
  2. Rui Martins Licensed Driver

hello, i have some questions about this championship, i saw in the information thread displayed some team/driver standings (from last season i presume), i would like to know if the championship will have more places to new teams or if the teams from last season will automatically be signed up?
    the other question is for what part of the year will this chamopionship be? will t start duting the summer or after the summer?

thank you for your help :)
  3. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

No, no one is automatically sign up. Last season standings show only the start number which the particular driver has reserved if the one want use them. (I would like last season drivers would use them as it would be a nice continue of season 1, but it's not mandatory). But it says not that the driver will sign up for the league, in this case the number would free for anyone else.

But however, if you sign up - put the number you like to use in. You will be informed if that's not possible, then you would have to choose another one.

The pre-cup ends 15.06. and i wanted continue not much later with the season. It will be define soon as its also important for skinning, but depends also which day will chosen. Which for you can vote here: http://www.simracingpro.com/forum/index.php?threads/vote-for-the-raceday-of-the-league.2619/
    But you can expect beginning or mid July. At latest it should start from August.

Btw. there also still tracks to choose where interested drivers can help: http://www.simracingpro.com/forum/index.php?threads/track-suggestions.2620/
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

And as we moved to rfactor we should have more room on the server. As far i know at least 30 drivers, but this depends also from the tracks. We check that, but if necessary we/ i find a way all can participate :).
  5. Rui Martins Licensed Driver

Starting during the summer migth be a bit hard for me since i migth not be avaible for it, specially during July, but i will see if i can make it, this series look very interesting
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

7. Matthew Allington Licensed Driver

As was suggested in the TS channel earlier, I'd love for drivers to have the option to do the Nordschliefe only - I generally dislike these cars so wouldn't want to do a full season, but I wouldn't turn down the opportunity to race at the world's most challenging circuit! :D
  8. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

The best answer i ever read there :D.
  9. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

Haha.

Andreas, I just enter server and receive the following mismatch error; Monte_Carlo_RFE.gdb I'm able to practice, just not race it says.

Thanks...;)

EDIT: Scrap that, I was wrong. I cannot lap at all. :/
  10. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Ha Ha, you have to read full the top post of the event thread, then a light will go on for you. :p
  11. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

Oh dear....:oops: Thanks.

I entered the server 81.137.172.10:34299
    The server 81.137.172.10:34298 which is the one yourself and Rob have done some laps, does not let me connect atall. :confused: Why is there 2 servers mate?

Thanks.
  12. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

The other one is just for testing skins, but much more to test the edited tracks for the championship. If all is ok we announce a trackpack for download for the league.
  13. Oliver Ackermann Licensed Driver

where can I find the track and the server?
  14. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

15. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

...and the server IP is 81.137.172.10:34299
  16. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

Why would you close the Monaco server that had all of our laptimes and effort and leave open the server with hardly no times at all.

Just wondered that's all. ;)
  17. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

Put the server back up please. I want to see my times, sector times that I've put a shed load of effort into to try and beat the fastest times.

I see no logic in this other than wanting to reset all our times and make us set them again. Its silly, come on, just put the proper server back up please dudes!
  18. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

FFS! I told you this the other day. You have left the server open that has no times, the one with perhaps skins installed. I cannot join the server, so now cannot do any laps. I was gona do 100 laps lastnight of just pure MONACO. Now I cant even get in this server you left up, for which you was using to test skins....
  19. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Chris, please calm yourself. The server was provided for practice only; SRP servers are not intended as a recording device for your lap times. We are having some issues with the season's tracks, the settings for the races (which are quite complicated because of 3-part qualifying), and lots of other stuff behind the scenes.
    I understand that you want to put as much as you can into this event, as it's one your favourite tracks, but you must understand that we are running this as a "meet and greet" for the season, it's not part of the calendar. As for your accusation:
    Do you really think we would do that? Just to mess with you? I'd say that's pretty self-centred thinking on your part, mate. o_O If you're really THAT concerned about comparing your lap times from previous sessions, you would not be relying on someone else's server management - record them yourself...in fact just go and look at your own results folder! :rolleyes:

Fair enough if we were mid-season and we're messing up...you "come on" and relax, will you? Or have you forgotten that we provide everything (servers, forum, help, time, etc.) for free?!?
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Times are completely meaningless for this event, Chris. You also get no points or a signature for it. If you like to see your times, take a pencil and a sheet.
    This event is just to come together before the league and have two nice clean races. I agree practice is important for this to be able to finish it, but it's not a hotlap competition before the event. So wait for the event, for that you get a results table and that's it. Also in the league, there will be also no points for practice in front of the event. So, I see no reason to have it online all the time open before. It's also possible that we have to close it, for example for other events.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List