Chit Chat

Discussion in 'PMSC Season 2 (finished)' started by Andreas Löffler, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

Let me be clearer. If you did not leave the other server open, that no one can enter, I would not have posted, at all. ;)

Rob, no I don't think you or anyone would mess with us drivers like that, what would be the point, it wouldn't take away my pace, afteral, I did not even say that mate. I said that I just saw no logic in closing the great MONACO server and leaving open one that no one can enter, the only logic in it would be to reset our times, I say this for multiple reasons; a change of file perhaps (not sure if this would require server reset, me noob), maybe someone was cutting(wishful thinking), I have no idea to be honest but I wasn't certainly thinking what you came up with mate! ;) When I said its silly I was referring to having a server open that no one can join. The server has been up all last night and all this morning, I wanted to drive some laps and perhaps some others did too, after-all this event is the next event. Instanbul is 13 days away yet....

Thats funny mate, because that's exactly how I see the SRP practice servers; As an awesome recording device for your lap times, after-all, that's what it provides, does it not ? :D

Andreas? Take a pencil and a sheet .... Its 2014 here mate. Lol. Are you serious though?; NO signature for this event, not like the one race Master of Ring, that I did not attend? NOOO, I think I may sign out now! :p Basically, do not insult me by saying such ridiculous thing like these Andreas.
    "Also in the league, there will be also no points for practice in front of the event." Another insult. That's pretty damn obvious is it not ? Seeing as I have never seen anyone anywhere give points for this. Of course you will close them on race day events, it will reduce server lag.

I've just seen there is now another MONACO server up? Why did you not just keep the original server up ? Was there any specific reason as to why you closed the server with all our recorded times, for one night only and then put a fresh one up the next day. i'm not insinuating anything, just interested. This is a forum where people speak to one another and ask such things... ;)
  2. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Yep, I get your points, and I can answer your questions, mate.

Firstly, if you look at the name of the "other" server, it says "TBR PMSC Testing", which speaks for itself, doesn't it?

Secondly, I did not shut down the SRP practice server for Monaco (although I did have the season tracks active, for which I've already apologised). As I said, it had been moved on to the next event, a fact which I only noticed this morning (I was out last night), and so I restarted it as soon as I saw your posts.
    The server needs restarting when you remove available tracks/skins. Seriously mate, you keep going on about your times...just look in ...rFactor\UserData\Log\Results and read the .xml files with Wordpad.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

Kool, never known about this. I've purely relied on the servers that have been provided. Does it show sector times also?

Yer sorry, I read your inbox after I posted, with regards to what happened to the server.

Who skipped the server to next event ? Takes 2 votes if someone did ingame, does it not mate?
  4. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

Could not edit mssge, after 1 min.

I just looked in my .rFactor\UserData\Log\ and there is nothing inside. :( If I created one would the game automatically start recording my times are do I need to activate something somewhere ? Cheers.
  5. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

- Not sure about sector times in the practice sessions, but definitely in race sessions.
    - Or an administrator can forward without requiring votes.
    I suggest you read what I wrote more carefully:
  6. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

Yes Rob, haha. There is nothing inside the LOG fodler! :p
  7. Warren Schembri Licensed Driver

The liveracers.com server also still has the results of the Practice sessions.
    Here and Here

Even if the server has been taken down/reset, you can still view the results of the various practice sessions that have taken place.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Thank you Warren, I knew there was a good reason to have a team mate with a brain! :D
    Yes Chris "haha", you're looking in the LOG folder, when you should be looking in the RESULTS folder. If that doesn't exist...I'll check, hang on...
  9. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

LMOA, this is funny. Rob, The RESULTS folder is inside the LOG folder ? Correct mate? That's where you located me.

My LOG folder is Empty, Ziltch, Zero, Nil, Jack diddly sh*t, F*k all! Hehe ;)
  10. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

Uff, I need a smoke. Hehe. ;) BRB, then I join the server if you fancy driving?
  11. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

There are several entries in the .plr file which refer to results; perhaps you don't have the correct settings, Chris:

Number Race Results="10" // how many results files to store (using default naming convention only!)
    Multi-session Results="0" // whether to store all sessions at a track in a single results file, new default is one session per file
    Disconnected Results="1" // show results for clients disconnected at end of prac/qual/warmup

AFAIK, those are the default settings, so there should be at lease 10 .xml files in the Results folder.

EDIT: Can't get driving in the middle of the day, I'm afraid. Kids are on summer holidays, and we're off out to the park right now. Besides, I'm in my office (at home) and my racing rig stays off all day and is in a separate room...by design. ;)
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

Thanks mate, I'll look into it. ;)
  13. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

The lines I quoted are in the [Game Options] section. If you did a fresh install for this mod, make sure you're looking in the correct rFactor root folder; maybe you're looking in the SGT root folder, with which I believe you were having trouble joining the server?
    The LOG\Results folder is not created until a result file is created.
  14. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Indeed i meaned that a bit with one closed eye, not that serious. But it should made clear, after last time, that i don't like your ego which always wants come out to tell everybody how great you are. That already came out again to assume us we closed or moved forward the server to next track just to remove your laptimes. Are you crazy? We have really other things to do, then have an eye on this. In the week i basically can't do much for simracing. And the time i take i have to use to answer something like that. If you like your times, make a screenshot and put it on your walls.
    I simply assume some drivers voted for next track to try out Istanbul, that's all, nobody is interested in your times :mad:.
  15. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Ok. let's all calm down...Chris said he wanted the server up to look at his own times, not to show them off to anyone else.
    He also had a perfect right to ask why the server had been shut down, which (I think) I answered adequately. It's all good now, I'll be releasing the skin pack tomorrow, so let's all move on, shall we?
  16. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

17. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

Wrong! I am.
  18. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

To Correct you and your source; Shepherds car could not continue, he too had a puncture. He did not run out of fuel either. He would have ran out of fuel on the last lap had he continued another 3 laps. He decided to rage quit after such a bad mistake, instead of pitting for a new tyre.

Thanks for trying to make me look more of an asshole than I already feel, after costing both myself and A.Schmich the podium.

Media :rolleyes: Always full of dogs crap and twisting things. :p
  19. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Ah sorry Chris, that was my bad for feeding the media incorrect info. :oops: I didn't remember correctly about the puncture.
    (apologies, Andreas)
  20. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver