GSC Track Testing weeks!

Discussion in 'Game Stock Car - Guides' started by Andy Breedon, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Hi Gents,
    Well i thought it best to make a thread for this.

Each week we will host a public server with the Minis to keep it simple and 5 tracks will be chosen from the very long list you can find Here.

What we are looking to test and try are the quality and bugs with the tracks. Do the pit lanes work properly, repairs when pitting, grid spots correct etc, you all get the point i hope.

From the solid tracks we can find we can then add them to an SRP approved track list, Once we have gone thru them all i would suggest in time that we have single event races on them to make sure they are race worthy before leagues afterall this testing may not give us the full picture.

A public server is up with 5 tracks installed as follows,

-Macau
    -Laguna seca
    -Donington 2011
    -Detriot
    -Buddh 2011

Named: simracingpro.com TTest

Practice: 5 mins
    Qualifying: 5 mins
    Race: 4 laps

Start: Formation lap into standing start.

If anyone wishes to get involved please reply here with your findings.

This will run sunday to sunday, and each track replaced one by one, once we have an agreement if it goes on the list or in the bin.
  2. Bjorn de Haas Licensed Driver

Andy and i tested a few things this morning and we found out a few things.

-Laguna seca: works fine, we could not find antything. Track is a bit bumpy but thats just the nature of the track.
    -General: There is a pitstop bug, whenever Andy and i made a pistop at the same time we both had the same pitbox.
    This occured at a add-on track as well as a stocktrack.
  3. Aaron Channer Licensed Driver

Strange one that. When Andy and me tested, we found we had separate pit box's. :confused:
    Did you guys pick the same car? As that's something we didn't test..
  4. Bjorn de Haas Licensed Driver

Yes we had the same car, but if that is of any influence we might have to make sure that everybody picks another car.
  5. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Yup i read something about changing files to match per person, so we will have to be careful with race formats in single events and leagues will take some file editing work to set everyone up for separate pits boxes.
  6. Jim Cole Licensed Driver

That sounds a bit of a PITA if you ask me, especially for a "modern" sim.