[July 20th, 2014] SRP Mini Challenge S2 - Round 4 (Cascavel)

Discussion in 'SRPMC Season 2 (finished)' started by Aaron Channer, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Aaron Channer Licensed Driver

[IMG]

Date: Sunday 20th July
    Practice Server: simracingpro.com Mini P
    Race Server: simracingpro.com Mini R
    Track: Cascavel
    Class: Mini Challenge
    Game: GSC 2013

Practice: 7 Days (Server will be up at least 7 days prior to each event)
    Qualifying: 20:00 BST (20 minutes)
    Warm Up: 20:20 BST (5 minutes)
    Race: 20:25 BST (45 minutes)

Start: Standing Start

Pitstop: Open

Weather: Dry

Fuel Usage: x4
    Tyre Usage: x3

EXTRA INFORMATION

SRP Driver Licence Point System
    Rules & regulations
    Passwords

Game Aids
    Automatic Clutch: Yes
    Automatic Gears: No
    Swingman View: No
    Traction Control: No
    Anti-Lock Braking: Low/High
    Stability Control: No
    Spin Recovery: No
    Opposite Lock: No
    Steering Assist: No
    Braking Assist: No
    Auto Pitstop: No
    Car Damage: 100%

If your name is on the entry list you are expected to turn up for the event.
    If you don't, you will be reported as absent. (Absence reports shall be used for reference in any future or current leagues you have entered and may result in you being refused entry into future leagues.)
  2. Aaron Channer Licensed Driver

Entry List

Drivers (Alphabetical)
    1. Nicolas Béver #88
    2. Andy Bonar #76
    3. Cory Brayshaw #44 (2nd Fail to show)
    4. Andy Breedon #7 (R)
    5. Norman Bruce #49
    6. Aaron Channer #13
    7. Murat Erdogdu #99
    8. Sebastien Foucart #23
    9. Geoffrey Fournier #22
    10. Ben Hackeson #2
    11. Christopher Hall-Nelson #74
    12. Rob Hermans #43
    13. Tony Matthews #77
    14. Ariciuc Razvan #3
    15. Marco Sbordoni #40
    16. Warren Schembri #10
    17. Chris Shepherd #21
    18. Dariusz Swiderski #69
    19. Andy Vandevelde #16
    Teams

Blue Bull Racing (Bonar #76 / Matthews #77)
    Long Hair Dont Care (Bell #8 / McGlade #78 Anderson #53 )
    Movie-Go Racing (Channer #13 / Ferreira #37)
    O-Sport (Shepherd #21 / Brayshaw #44)
    Smile Power Racing With Aurora Designs (Hackeson #2 / Vandevelde #16)
    The Black Rebels (Hermans #43 / Schembri #10)
    Walk Racing (Béver #88 / Foucart #23)
    Walk to Racing (Fournier #22 / Razvan #3)

Pit Groups

PitGroup1 = Norman Bruce+Murat Erdogdu
    PitGroup2 = Long Hair Don't Care
    PitGroup3 = Walk Racing
    PitGroup4 = Movie-Go Racing
    PitGroup5 = Smile Power Aurora
    PitGroup7 = Marco Sbordoni+Christopher Hall-Nelson
    PitGroup8 = Andy Breedon+Dariusz Swiderski
    PitGroup9 = Blue Bull Racing
    PitGroup10 = TBR
    PitGroup11 = Walk to Racing
    PitGroup12 = O-Sport
  3. Aaron Channer Licensed Driver

Provisional results:

[IMG]
    click the image for detailed results
    NB: results are provisional until made official by the race directors.
  4. Aaron Channer Licensed Driver

Another tyre eater. Opposite side this time though :p.
    Should be fun!
  5. Nicolas Béver Licensed Driver

Hum... small track! it seems that times will be close...
    Do a good position in qualif will be important!
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Ben Hackeson Licensed Driver

Qualifying really isn't important here, so much overtaking and close racing here! Braking points are essential here :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Geoffrey Fournier Licensed Driver

I remember to have made my first and ONLY race on Game stock car 2012 on this track in mini touring pro series championship. I made many mistakes in the third corner due to my brake bias and i had to pit 4 times to change my tyres hehe. Hope to do better that time ;)
  8. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

You been hacking then, Fournier? o_O The brake bias is fixed on the Minis! :p
    Only kidding...you mean you didn't have the ABS switched on and you kept locking up, causing excessive tyre wear, I imagine?
  9. Geoffrey Fournier Licensed Driver

Weren't we able to set brake bias in TPS? Can't remember, anyway the car was unstable at braking ...
  10. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

I wouldn't know, as I've never raced at TPS.
    (I don't count the 2 seconds I did in the pitlane in a V8 at Bathurst, as you can understand. :rolleyes: )
  11. Eric Stranne Licensed Driver

Nah, no adjustable brake bias in the VMC. Only thing you could adjust regarding the brakes was the brake pressure and ABS strength (Off, Low or High).
  12. Aaron Channer Licensed Driver

13. Ben Hackeson Licensed Driver

Well that was awful :( That first stint I went off 3 times at the 1st corner. Sorry to whoever I tried to overtake into T1 and cut across them :/
  14. Nicolas Béver Licensed Driver

Race Report:

Quali: P1 with 1.14.7xx my best time so far!!

In free practice, my best time was 1.14.9.
    When i saw Andy in 1.14.8 i said myself... "Ouch it will be hard to win today"
    In Free practice tonight i did 1.14.8xx and got the best time. i said myself "Wow cool! nice time nico" :D
    In qualify, i did 3-4 laps in 1.15.1... i was stressed. I was 6th at this time. After that i did an amazing lap and did 1.14.7xx and then i said myself "Wow WTF... what a time!!!" :cool: :)D )

Race: P1 (4 wins on track in 4 races)
    It was an hard race. I did a little gap during the 4-5 first laps when Chris, Seb and Andy were in fight. I had 1.4 in front of Chris but he catch me and he was really close. Chris tried to go to the pit 2 laps before me. After my pit stop he was 1.2 sec in front.
    I catched him and i knew that he will be slower at the end of the race. I staid behind him and waited for his tyres issues. Seb Foucart was really fast and catched us by 2.2 sec.

Chris did a mistake when Seb tried to overtake him. We passed him together. Seb let me passed and gave me this victory. Thanks to him because he deserve this victory. He was incontestably the fastest driver during the second part of the race.

I would like to thanks the team Walk Racing because this victory was because we work a lot for it.
    We did lot of laps because i wasn't confident with that track. We tried lot of strategy with my team mate to have the best one tonight.
    Nothing to say... i have incontestably the best team mate as we can have! Fast, Fair and always there to help and work together.
    It is a pleasure to be in Walk Racing with a guy like him!
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  15. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

16. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

Didn't quite turn out the way one would have hoped, never-the-less, another cracker of a race. Atleast for 34 of the 36 laps.

Starting 3rd was well in with a shout of the win. Got a slightly better start than Foucart but he managed to stay in front. I got past him with a nice 3-4 corner move on lap 1, up into 2nd place. Unfortunately, for 7 long laps of pure defensive driving, Foucart would not leave me alone, always wanting to kiss my butt^. Whilst we were battling, the drivers behind where catching us but bizarrely, Nico in 1st was not pulling away, staying just 1.5 secs infronts. On lap 7 when Vandevelde caught us up and got past Foucart, I knew this was my chance to put in some nice laps and catch the mighty Bever! That I did. Then, again, I had the bright idea of pitting a couple of laps early and get the jump, then just defend the last couple of races with slightly more worn tyres. I have no idea why I made this decision because I had the fastest 'race' car at this event. Another one goes begging, I got a puncture with 2 laps to go and finished 4th.

:rolleyes:

Grats all finishers, that didn't get a puncture. :D

Cya next race.
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. Ben Hackeson Licensed Driver

So my race report:

Q: Happy with the time but I was so close to 2nd but qualified 6th, extremely close but I was at the back of the quickest guys.

R: Made a decent start into 5th then pushed too hard through Turn 1 causing me to drop to 9th, went off again next lap trying to overtake Rob into Turn 1, he followed me off, don't think it was my fault but I can't have helped so sorry. I was back down to 11th and with Rob behind me I decided to aim for 5th. After pulling some nice moves, I finally caught Dariusz for 6th and went off again trying to overtake at Turn 1, kept my foot in as I court see 3rd up the road but hit the barrier too hard and spun back down to 10th. We pitted late at Smile to avoid traffic so after the pitstops, Dariusz and Aaron were still ahead of me but bizarrely both spun at Turn 3 at the same time in front of me. This left me in 6th, about 9 seconds back from Breedon but struggling to stop the drifting caused by not changing the rear tyres. Unfortunately the same problem effected Andy and he lost his race because of it. I pushed the car too hard after that, knowing I needed more points than 5th offered, but barely putting a dent into Breedon's gap over me. To sum up an awful race for me I couldn't catch Shepherd in time who beat me by a tenth...

So disappointed, I felt I could have challenged the Walk guys for the win at the end, or at least get a podium.
  18. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

I thought you made a good move, actually, then I tagged your rear on the exit, sending you off. I thought it best to stay to the right, waiting for you to get back in front of me, so I drove off the track to avoid getting in anyone's way. Not your fault at all, and I'm the one who should apologise. :oops:
  19. Ben Hackeson Licensed Driver

I overcooked it a bit and the line into that corner on the inside meant I cut across the track in front of you, I thought it was my fault for the contact, I should have stayed on the apex. But thanks for waiting, didn't have to and should have probably done it after T3/4
  20. Aaron Channer Licensed Driver

:oops: I pitted and only changed the fronts. 2 laps later and my right rear had had it. Going into turn 2 (the dip before the 3rd gear right turn), my back end didn't want to know. Glad I made it back to the pits for repair though. Managed to scrape a few points.