[July 31st, 2015] BMW M235i Challenge - Test (Monza)

Discussion in 'BMWC Calendar' started by Andreas Löffler, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

monza-old-high-speed-circuit-andrea-recalcati.jpg

Endurance Cup:

Training: 35min [21:00 CEST = 19:00 GMT]
    Qualifying: 30min unlimited laps [21:35 CEST = 19:35 GMT]

Race 1 – standing start: ca. 90min = 44 laps [22:15 CEST = 20:15 GMT]

tyre wear multiplier = x1
    fuel usage multiplier = x2

Server name: SimRacingPro.com BMW M235i - server ONLINE

Track: Monza

Server password: Passwords
    Racing rules: Rules & regulations

Time till event
  2. Rob Taplin Licensed Driver

test 3.jpg

Anyone done any practice yet? 44laps should be epic!
    Just done a few laps, and fuel says a full tank is 24.5 laps. so it could be close on a 1 stop.
  3. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

I have to look again to this :oops:, as its not intended to get the endurance race with one stop till finish .
  4. Neil Rocks Licensed Driver

Rob, was that with fuel usage x2 as in the top post? 24.5 laps seems a lot if so.
  5. Adrian Brezeanu Licensed Driver

24.5 laps with one tank seems a lot , from preliminary test im doing max around 19 laps, but more test nedeed, but for sure 2 pits needed

P.s : Also with car skins on this should be such a great endurance race :D , all those different color
  6. John Stingu Licensed Driver

Oh, the late time of it is killing me. And that training - total waste of time. I will try to make it, but it should end at like 12.45 AM where I live so that is going to be really difficult.
  7. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

12 45 AM is late ???? :eek: ..... Dude !!!!! it will be around 2.45 AM when races finish around here man !!! :D
  8. John Stingu Licensed Driver

I know Niranjan, you are one tough man.

Still, after a certain time, quiet must be kept and you know, the force feedback can be a bitch.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

and yes I think the practice time can be shortned too
  10. Rob Taplin Licensed Driver

That was practicing on server, so I assume thats set to 2x fuel use?? Did it online as I have no idea how to set it in offline practice mode :rolleyes:
  11. Chris Wuyts Licensed Driver

Are cutting rules for this race still "wich game allows"? As AC allows some silly cuts on this track. Wich i see people use atm. You can go 2 wheels on grass and 2 wheel on kerbs in certain chicanes :eek:
  12. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

If you have still two wheels on kerb, then it would even be confirm with SRP rules.

http://www.simracingpro.com/threads/cutting-rules-explained.2999/#post-40800

Unlucky to me is more that if you touch the grass you perhaps doesn't loose time. So far i didn't run a lap and you gave no example where its possible to cut, so first i have to get a picture myself. Earliest i can have a look tomorrow.
  13. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

yea according to that SRP rule as Andreas pointed put , the curb is a part of the race track...and you must always have 2 wheels inside the track surface at all times ..... so from that we can conclude that you can have two wheels on the grass and 2 wheels on the curb !!!! :)
  14. John Stingu Licensed Driver

On the corner before the Parabolica, it's not allowed to go all wheels on that portion of the track that is beyond the white line, as I understand.
    For example: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198197512525/screenshots/
    1. not ok
    2. not ok
    3. ok
    4. ok
    5. 6. not ok, look at the front wheel, it also needs to be on the curb. So it's up to that.
  15. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Its correct that after Parabolica you have to stay inside the white line, but honestly i tend more to open it as who the hell made asphalt behind this white line ! I anyway won't give any cutting penalty to the testrace, so i rather make an exception than waste hours after the race to give penalties.
    To the other sreens i can just say

2. marginal nok, but not gaining advantage
    3. ok
    4. ok
    5. 6. is also full ok, you can never speak of an advantage. Complete out of question for cutting. I will not start to count pixels !

I give out tomorrow exceptions for this track if needed.
  16. John Stingu Licensed Driver

Andreas, I was trying to suggest the line after which it would count as a cut. So naturally, if there is a very slim margin, you are not gonna say anything. But if it's way beyond that line, it's another matter.
  17. Adrian Brezeanu Licensed Driver

Basicly normal rules are 2 wheels inside track at all times.
    But when u do hotlaps here as a simdriver first u try to find out track limits how much can u push before u get penalty, and penalty depends on how they were implemented in the game not necessarely how they are in real life or common sense.
    To say that someone cuts a corner, despite he get no penalty from the system not always true. Ussualy someone cut and gain an advantage because the track system penalty allow's it.
    Also to be on the limit of track system penalty not easy u need a lot of practice to know just where that limit is and make use of it, and if anyone else can take that line too with no penalty then it is not really cutting.
    Do not shoot me already just my thoughts ;)
  18. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Ok, i did now a few laps and have a view about the race. As its a test i want give some info and also how cutting will be handled:

1. Fuel consumption: i found a nice app which includes the fuel consumption, available at assetto corsa forum
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/rivali-ov1-info-app-v4-1.3219/

With this tool i got 4,6 l/lap, means you need 202,4 for 44 laps. With a 85L you will need 2 stops, which is what intended

2. Cutting: There are indeed parts where cuts possible. basically we use our SRP rule which say stay on track with two wheels, and curb is part of the track. Here now the exceptions for this track.

a) 2nd shicane 2015-07-30_00003.jpg
    You allowed to even use the bigger curbs with two wheels. Its anyhow not faster, so it doesn't fall under cutting. The entry of the shicane, also 1st shicane, have a good ingame cut warning.

b) Exit Variante Ascari 1 2015-07-30_00004.jpg
    Its possible to go over the green there without cutwarning. This part depends much on how you got the two corners before. And in normal you can stay on throttle and stay in track limits, so the advantage to normal run trought isn't existing. It just open a bit the possible track limits. From this there will no penalty if you doesn't use it excessive. Means, you don't use it permanent and on purpose. Goal is to still touch the curb.

c) Exit Variante Ascari 2 2015-07-30_00005.jpg
    I see this similar to Exit Variante Ascari 1, but i give this area behind white line to free of use. Its in my opinion a track failure. First there should grass or gravel before asphalt comes. Thats not the case, also no cut warning from the game, so you're allowed to use it. Similar to what we had at Nürburgring-Sprint.

At all other sections i found good cutwarnings, that even lesser or at most just marginal infringements are possible to our SRP rule before cut warning appear. I hope this clarify how its rate for tomorrows race. I will think about how i will handle it in the championship.
    Possible is:
    - i let it up to the game, and all is allowed what the game allow
    - i stay to our rule and give out exceptions according the track if needed (similar to Monza)
    - stay complete to our SRP cutting rule

But, i will never observe any car after race in replay to hand out cutting penalty. That will always just happens by report from you drivers.
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. John Stingu Licensed Driver

I think there is a shorter/different version of the track that requires that portion of tarmac.
  20. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

You're right. Anyhow, everyone can use this additional track :))).