[July 31st, 2015] BMW M235i Challenge - Test (Monza)

Discussion in 'BMWC Calendar' started by Andreas Löffler, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

You must really not hit the throttle till the red text is away. Otherewise time starts again. Its annoying but don't hit throttle till its away. Sorry about your engine, never had that before. i was thinking you run out of fuel :rolleyes:.
  2. Chris Wuyts Licensed Driver

Ow and ross last time i saw you post something like a speedtest i think i saw the packetloss wasnt tested? And idea why as i would defo look into packloss troubles, are you on cable or dsl? If you are on cable it might be compression is poorly done by your isp.
  3. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

First you have to open some space in the settings to get all captuered, picture 1:
    2015-08-01_00001.jpg

Then go into your documents, the game create from every last session a "cr" which get overwrite everytime. So you have to copy it and rename the file. Then you go back into the game and under replay you can now watch the named file. Like for example in my case M235i Monza.
    replay.jpg
  4. Rob Taplin Licensed Driver

This could be the case. Ross, can you stream iplayer and youtube on your TiVo box? Aparently issues with this is down to compression by virgin media. could be that its worse in your area for some reason.
  5. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

6. Ross Macfarlane Licensed Driver

It is possible to Stream iPlayer and YT on the Tivo box, yes. But I wouldn't have thought normal TV would affect it?

* Also, @Andreas. Were you able to see me falling further back lap by lap at the start, or was it just me who was able to see it? I caught up after the game said you 2 in front did 2:07s and all of the sudden, I was right back with you, and not falling back....like you said, no warping/lag...just visually wrong :confused:
  7. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Yes you just lost ground step by step without lagging. The game said you run better laptimes then me and Oscar but in fact you lost step by step time. When i and Oscar slowed down due the little contact/ touch, you could close the gap again, but i saw no lag or warp, you came in a normal way nearer.

But the times which you set can't be true, because if they true then you had should lead in front of us. but in fact you was behind us. Here i did two graphs about the laptime each lap and which overall time had should between us.

You see, you are every lap faster and you should have also in overall the best (smallest) time. But thats not right as in fact you was behind us on track. Good example lap 1, we both overtook you after you started on pole. But you still have a better laptime. That can't be possible. Don't know whats wrong there.

Me and Osccar is correct. I'm right behind him, then from lap 9 our touches i loose ground as it happen in the race. But your timing doesn't fit to our race. It's weird.

From lap 9 you do same laptimes as Oscar, but in fact you run behind me and didn't overtook me, so this laptimes can't be true to what happen in the race.

In overall, you had should lead 10 sec to Oscar and 20 sec to me after 13 laps according the graphs. But in race you didn't, the times say not the true, very strange from my point of view.

I just took the seconds behind the 2 min as the 2 minute per lap is the same for everyone of us.
    laps.jpg

laps overall.jpg

times.jpg
  8. Chris Wuyts Licensed Driver

Ow and im not sure about the front runners... But should we maybe increase tire wear?... i did over 70% of the race before i noticed anything in lack of grip and my tire app said 98-97% normally i change on 96%. So i am either going to easy on the tires or these things are made to last like road tires lol :p

I feel it would be great if we had to change tires sooner as it makes more pitstops needed? :D

Also noticed i really need to install the tracker on my pc nice exta info, maybe try to make everyone use it in the official races?
  9. John Stingu Licensed Driver

About you problem Ross. One of the devs Stefano, said that it can happen that on certain systems, due to some motherboard or something else, the timer can go slower or faster than it actually is. And they were thinking of what they should do. Not quite sure what the solution they found was. Something with two types of timing system.

It could be that.
  10. John Stingu Licensed Driver

Oh, and Chris, since we have 2x fuel use, we should definitely have 2x tyre use :D
  11. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

I agree that the tyres had (almost) no influence. I changed at 2nd stop tyres but they had last sure the whole race without problem. I want do a testrun with 2x tyre wear and give you info how it will be finally in the league.
  12. Ross Macfarlane Licensed Driver

Andreas Löffler, "Yes you just lost ground step by step without lagging. The game said you run better laptimes then me and Oscar but in fact you lost step by step time. When i and Oscar slowed down due the little contact/ touch, you could close the gap again, but i saw no lag or warp, you came in a normal way nearer.

But the times which you set can't be true, because if they true then you had should lead in front of us. but in fact you was behind us. Here i did two graphs about the laptime each lap and which overall time had should between us."

No, I think my times are true...I know my own pace compared to my PB times.

I know I was doing those times, unless...:eek: What if ALL my times ever are wrong. Can't be, can it?

*I messed this post by accident..ooops.
  13. Rob Taplin Licensed Driver

Round 1 thread going to be open soon? Would like to discuss the A1 ring but cant :( :D
  14. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Fixed - your wish is my order ;).
  15. Ross Macfarlane Licensed Driver

Do you have a link to something about what you have mentioned? Would really help.
  16. John Stingu Licensed Driver

At 3.12
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Ross Macfarlane Licensed Driver

Thanks. Have watched it now and it sound like it is the problem.
  18. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Good to read, i hope its fixable.
  19. Ross Macfarlane Licensed Driver

Despite now that I think I know this is the issue, I have no clue how to deal with it...I mean, what do I do? That Italian guy in the video says he made fixes to the timing resolution, but there clearly has been no fix for me. If it's a motherboard issue, do I need a new one? :eek: or is there a re-sync or calibration I can do?...idk.

*I am finding many sources suggesting a 'CMOS' battery for my motherboard that could be an issue, but in almost all of those cases, their PC clock is drifting many minutes, if not hours, out of time. I am only.......oh

**Looked down at my clock and checked several internet clocks, my phone, the clock on my wall...but my PC clock is running 6 minutes slow. It was only less than a minute slow before. Huh..? o_O

I went into a couple of public lobbies and rather rudely followed some other players right on their bumper just to observe what was happening. I noticed that often what happened was that car in front just began, ever so slowly, to pull away in little 'bumps'. Tiny little lags forward away from me, rather than smoothly pulling away as though it were a clean speed difference. I also noticed once or twice that my position would snap back forward and this ended up in me hitting a couple cars without my doing so.

I don't know if what I am observing is normal game behaviour and I am just being paranoid / skeptical now. I really am getting sick of these problems. I would have given up completely by now would it have not be for the fact I was really looking forward to racing this car with my teammates.

:oops: It just doesn't seem like it wants me to race...
  20. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

That issue is also complete new to me and really no idea how to fix it. And sure its questionable to run like this. Have you maybe something older, another PC what could you try ? Maybe a friend/ brother with another PC or hardware ?
    If its makes sin just to buy new hardware for this, i really don't know. But 6 minutes different its quite a lot. My PC runs now 5 years and i can't remember i had to change the time. Maybe there is really an issue just with the battery. I can just google as well, if i find something i let you know.