[Jun 27, 2014]Daytona 250

Discussion in 'NASCAR Events' started by Kevin Vaassen, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Kevin Vaassen SRP Moderator

Date/Time: 27.06.2014 - 18:00 GMT = 19:00 BST
    Servername: simracingpro.com ONLINE
    Track: Daytona
    Class: Gen6 (take the 2013-BullRing Generation-6 Download, you can also download the paint templates a few lines lower).
    Game: Nascar2003

Practice: 60 mins
    Qualifying : 5 mins
    Happy hour: 5 mins(to check your pit stall)
    Race: 100 laps

Estimated Times
    16:50 GMT: Practice
    17:50 GMT: Qualification
    18:00 GMT: Race 100 laps

A lap takes about 45-50 seconds, a pace lap takes 2:30.

Rules & regulations
    Passwords
    Installing the game
    Server rules

Skinpack: here (deadline skin submissions June 24th 23.59 GMT)

The grid will be filled up with AI, so we get a full grid. Though Nascar2003 is known for its outstanding AI, some things might be good to know:
    -Watch for drivers switching lanes, this causes check-ups, take extra care!
    -When the AI pits, the rest of the AI slow down pretty hard, causing a big check up.
    Take extra caution around the fuel window and expect this! You can recognize cars pitting
    by the AI that doesn't pit taking a higher line.

IMPORTANT:
    -When pitting yourself, try to start braking when on the apron.
    -When exiting pits, merge at the backstretch, not when the spotter tells you at turn 1.
    -Make sure you know the rules! The game has some nice videos (driving lessons) which teach you the basic rules (also, the spotter can help you a great deal, but sometimes he is late).

No chat is permitted in race or qualifying, arguments can be settled after the race. If you want to communicate you can use TeamSpeak.

Weather: Changeable
    Pit: Open
    Tyre wear/fuel consumption: 2x.
    AI strength: 103%

Driver Conduct
    • We expect that every driver at any event/league will conduct themselves to the highest standards of behaviour and sportsmanship attitudes, particularly in their relationship with other drivers and SRP staff, in a manner which does not damage the reputation of simracingpro.com. Failure to do so may result in warnings or bans.
    • Race with common sense in all the sessions (practice, qualify, warm-up and race). Don't hold up or block other drivers unnecessarily during pre-race sessions.
    • Respect the in-game rules; all flags should be respected, and followed.
    • After the race has begun, be very cautious entering Turn 1. This is the hardest part of the race and improper conduct may not only ruin your own race, but someone else's as well.
    • If you go off the track, gain speed on the apron and then rejoin with extreme caution.
    • Pressing ESC is allowed (unless any league rules apply), but NEVER press ESC while on the racing surface - even after a spin or a crash. Always wait to be completely alone before moving your car off the racing surface. Only when the car is stopped in a safe place can you press ESC.
    • When someone is trying to overtake you on a straight, hold your line. Swerving causes dangerous situations, and often results in crashes.
    • If a driver is on the inside and has overtaken you in the corner: give him room, follow him, be faster than him, and overtake him in a clean move. Deliberate contact will not be tolerated, and will be punished accordingly. Race fairly.
    Car numbers:
    • Drivers in the following category have the right to claim their own lifetime number for the Nascar2003 series:
      • Staff
      • Drivers having completed at least 3 SRP leagues with sufficient commitment.
      • Drivers having completed at least 5 races on Nascar2003 at SRP, of which at least 3 of the last 10 events.
      • Drivers having a very good record at SRP may form a rare exception to the above.
    • Since we fill the servers with ai, it would be nice to have also some well known drivers on the grid. For that (on to avoid some conflicts one who gets a certain car, the following numbers are excluded: 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, 11, 14, 15, 16, 18, 20, 21, 22, 24, 26, 29, 34, 39, 47, 48, 56, 78, 88, 99 because of:
      • Drivers of the chase
      • Former champions/daytona 500 winners
      • 2013 race winner
      • Dale Earnhardt
      • Chick (or plainly a woman).
    • For the first few races, drivers who make their own skin can claim a number (if it is not taken by someone claiming a lifetime number). One can claim it as his own for the first 10 races, if he joins 5 of them, his number will be his lifetime number. This will only be while we are setting this platform up! If you make your own skin, you can not choose one of the above number or an already reserved number. It will be appreciated if you take a number not used for a car, since this will leave more numbers available for those not having a skin.
    • One can make a new number by putting a 0 in front: 1 is not 01.
    • For drivers creating a skin and drivers taking a car, it will be first comes first serves (skinning does not give a priority to those taking a car).
  2. Kevin Vaassen SRP Moderator

Sign up list (make sure you sign up with a number! The server does not allow twice the same number in game).

1. #048 Kevin Vaassen
    2. #53 Joshua Anderson
    3. #27 Andreas Löffler
    4. Eric Stranne
    5. #088 Cory Brayshaw

Maybe/"Reserve"
  3. Joshua Anderson Licensed Driver

Sign me up in the #53. :)
  4. Eric Stranne Licensed Driver

If I can get my game working, yes!
  5. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Sign me up in the #27.

I will try to submit a skin with this number asap.
  6. Eric Stranne Licensed Driver

Got it working, so yes please!
  7. Kevin Vaassen SRP Moderator

Also got a number?

Btw I will be on server from now for say an hour, perhaps more, if anybody wants to join, feel free (perhaps try to see if the multiplayer works fine for you)
  8. Kevin Vaassen SRP Moderator

2 things:
    First I updated my car, noticed the number at the back of the car was missing (might be a good thing to have).

Second, question for those more experienced in set-ups: my car feels only in traffic very tight when going through turn 1 and 2 and when exiting turn 4. Anyone have a clue how to fix this?
  9. Cory Brayshaw Licensed Driver

Sign me up I will try my best Number #88
  10. Kevin Vaassen SRP Moderator

Hey nice to hav eyou join! It would be nice hough if we can try and get Dale himself in the race, so another number might be much appreciated (or add a 0 in front if you can make a skin ;))
  11. Cory Brayshaw Licensed Driver

Hmmm sadly I can't make a skin haha...

What shall I do? :confused:
  12. Kevin Vaassen SRP Moderator

I might be able to get a 0 in front, so that might be the nicest for you. For that, I'll take the 88 National Guard or the Diet Mountain Dew car of Dale or the Darling 88 (though I think that one will be very hard). You can choose ;).
  13. Cory Brayshaw Licensed Driver

Which ever is easiest for you mate ;)
  14. Kevin Vaassen SRP Moderator

Here you go: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80357772/088_C_Brayshaw.cup.car
    The army will be thankful to you! (I think)

Btw I noticed another thing missing on my car (my name on the front window), so I added that and just updated my skin (still same link: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80357772/048_K_Vaassen.cup.car).

Remember, the skin submission deadline for the upcoming race is June 24th!
  15. Cory Brayshaw Licensed Driver

Now to try and get my Nascar Game running again
  16. Nick Dawson-Lathan Licensed Driver

I'll take the #00. Now somebody help me pick which car.

[IMG]
  17. Kevin Vaassen SRP Moderator

Now that's something I'd call a hard choice! None have rainbows though, and non have wolfs, toss a coin? (or better a dice) (but seriously, nice skins :O
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Nick Dawson-Lathan Licensed Driver

Well, to refute that, there is a my little pony car, that's about the closest to rainbows you're gonna get.
  19. Kevin Vaassen SRP Moderator

Aaah couldn't see the side of that (how didn't I recognize the logo :O), actually my rainbow stripes on my car are inspired by the sonic rainboom of Rainbow Dash (though it was proven that it was physically impossible by some physics student).
  20. Nick Dawson-Lathan Licensed Driver

Actually I think I found out what's gonna be ran. I'm running this.

[IMG]

Joshua Anderson is running this with a #53

[IMG]

And if anybody else wants to run a car, or have me paint one for them, hit me up.