[Jun 27, 2014]Daytona 250

Discussion in 'NASCAR Events' started by Kevin Vaassen, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Nick Dawson-Lathan Licensed Driver

Oh god not Bristol again.

At least don't do this to him.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

3. Eric Stranne Licensed Driver

Sorry for the no-show, way too tired to try and get into a racing mood and concentrate for a long period of time
  4. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

What a race and Danica won it :D

espnapi_dm_140210_nascar_news_richard_petty_danica_wmain.jpg
  5. Kevin Vaassen SRP Moderator

First of all congratulations to Danica for winning the race!

So, race report:
    Didn't qualify, generally didn't feel good in the car in turn 1, so preferred starting at the back. Car felt really tight throught the first stint, didn;t really want to drive next to another car entering turn 1 and exiting turn 4. Survived somehow to pit stop 1, decided to go 4 tyres, should have gone 2, removed a lot of wedge which made my car feel a lot better, but still not enough, so I fixed that next stop. Managed to stick to the last big pack. Think we were 30 laps in when Kyle Busch blew his engine 2 cars in front of me. Slowed down to avoid carnage but I think Dave Blaney behind may ran me over. Spun, caution came out, damaged car got me 10 mph slower once we went green again +10 mph slower because of the lack of a slipstream. Few laps later some trouble in the pack (which I couldn't keep up with anymore), as I was avoiding the cars I disconnected. Thankfully the game was able to get me reconnected in game and let me join again =D, without a lap down. Pace was still down, and as I got lapped, I got sandwiched between a car and the wall, got me spinning with a few cars bumping into me. Another 5 mph of the pace. Now I'm not sure if it was before or after this crash, but the first crash got my rear really loose, which also caused me to spin exiting turn 4 (entirely on my own). In the end finished 27th in front of the retired cars only 6 laps down to the leader, but I finished!
  6. Nick Dawson-Lathan Licensed Driver

Who let Danica win?
  7. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

8. Nick Dawson-Lathan Licensed Driver

So is this ever gonna get a second race?
  9. Kevin Vaassen SRP Moderator

I have ideas for a next race at Atlanta, but lately I'm really limited in time (just finished my thesis and now I'm visiting my parents for a week). So soon Atlanta but when I'm not sure
  10. Jonas Orfelt Licensed Driver

can you download this game ??
  11. Kevin Vaassen SRP Moderator

12. Jonas Orfelt Licensed Driver

will try hope to do a skin to :)
  13. Rolf Just Licensed Driver

Are there still N2003 races? I know the game is old but still the best Nascargame :)
  14. Kevin Vaassen SRP Moderator

Well my agenda got very, very busy and irregular, as an example, last week I expected to have a full week off, eventually I was still busy with work etc. all week long. So hopefully I can get some races going soon, but I don't have a lot of hope sadly :S.