[May 27, 2015] ISI Renault Clios (Barber Motorsports Park)

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 - Events' started by Andy Bonar, May 13, 2015.

1. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

It does flicker a little for me sometimes, but I'm doing my best to ignore it!
  2. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

That's where I'm at for now.
    Strange thing that its Track related !!
  3. Andy Bonar Licensed Driver

I think...and it is think....there is an option in the main trackmap menu you can change that might help....I cant remember what it is though, Ill have a quick look tonight...
  4. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

As far as I remember they did away with the menu flicker option a couple of updates back.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Which version are you running then, Stacy? AFAIK v0.96 is the current one (updated last Christmas), and that still contains the following line in the trackmapconf.txt:

//Flickering. 0 = Normal, 1 = Mode 1, 2 = Mode 2

:confused:
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

Yes mate, v0.96, will give that a try for tonight, cheers.
  7. Andy Bonar Licensed Driver

Great racing, thanks all for coming. Even with a fairly small field, you can have fun in these.

Here's my onboard vids....

8. Roger Prikken Licensed Driver

Yeah we had 2 really good races there Andy. I'm not too bothered to finish behind you because I had so much fun racing ya :)))

Bring on Donington!
  9. Roger Prikken Licensed Driver

Oh and congrats again to my teamy Mr. Moore for winning the 2nd race!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

Always enjoy.....

1. The Clio
    2. An interesting track
    3 A bit of TS with nice people
    4 Being a little closer to the action

Look forward to the next one.
  11. Andy Bonar Licensed Driver

I dont know if you noticed those 2 vids are a bit flickery...I have the feeling that is due to the flickering I was getting with the trackmap plugin....
  12. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

It was good fun, guys. There were some really stand-out performances, notably Andy Moore's: you had me worried during qualifying, and I had to make my last lap count! Then in race 2 I had spent some time battling and you had built a good gap. Your consistent pace meant I couldn't catch you, well played. :)

Thanks to Andreas Iten for some very good driving in your first event at SRP, a great d├ębut, mate. Did you have damage in race 2? Why did you pit and retire?
    Of course thank you to Andy Bonar for such a good response to my request to get more pickup races going; with a regular slot like this, we'll soon have bigger grids and Wednesdays might become more popular than Sundays! :D

Results in post#3 :cool:
  13. Andy Bonar Licensed Driver

Next weeks race will be up later this evening, hope everyone can make it plus a few more :)
  14. Andreas Iten Licensed Driver

No, no damage to the vehicle.
    Had no desire on further vehicle contacts. :(
    The ESC key press in the Qually I find not good.
    There are a pit lane exit and a pit lane entrance.
    That's all... thanks

Best regards

Andreas

Edit: my avatar will not be displayed... can someone please help?
  15. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

I'm disappointed you feel that way, Andreas. I can guarantee that any bumps you may have felt during the races were not intentional. If you feel that other drivers were being unfair, you can voice your opinion of course, but quitting racing is a negative and defeatist attitude. Also, you were not exactly perfect yourself; why did you bump me like that while I was alongside you on lap 7 of race 2? o_O Look at Andy's video of that race and perhaps you will re-think your decision to quit?

Regarding the pressing of the ESC key: there is no reason to force drivers to do an in lap in these fun races...maybe in a league, yes. If you don't like the rules we use for our races, no one is forcing you to race with us.

Avatars for newly registered users are not working right now. We are in the middle of fixing some other problems on the forum, and that one will be dealt with when we get to it.

EDIT: avatars are working now.
  16. Andreas Iten Licensed Driver

already clear you're right! bye bye.
  17. Andy Bonar Licensed Driver

Sorry guys, not had chance to get the post up for next Wednesdays race yet, hopefully this evening...but FYI, it will be Clios at Doninngton, and server 2 is running it at the moment...