New BTCC cars

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Andy Bonar, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Andy Bonar Licensed Driver

2. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

Thats encouraging for future events and possible league.... And I wont have to do the PowerMaxed skin .. Phew !!
  3. Andy Bonar Licensed Driver

Yep...theres also the NGTC Ford Focus out there too :)
  4. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

Just need something for the Rwd clan and we are good to go next year... :cool:
  5. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

It's a good start to getting a full series in rF2; the DW12 indycar is currently the only existing full series, with the stock cars on the way...nothing yet exists which represents a RL series featuring multiple manufacturers. The ISI content is so uncoordinated and random regarding available cars, there are lots of different types of cars represented, but nothing like WTCC or BTCC.

These two cars represent a decent start in that direction, and IF they are well-matched with the ISI Civic and the NGTC Focus...that's a big IF, though. The modders mentioned on the page which Andy linked have a great reputation, so there's no reason to expect that their work won't be excellent, and they have a BMW 125i in the works already. However, with the entry list for the 2015 BTCC season being so huge, there's a lot of work to do:

[IMG]
  6. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

Anything more than another single car series would be well received I'm sure, I know its something I've been waiting for since my return to Rfactor.

If you plan on doing some testing with what's currently available, count me in for sure.
  7. Neil Rocks Licensed Driver

For goodness' sake... I'm going to have to get this bloody sim eventually, aren't I?
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

I did try to get the Template and do a Focus skin to make it even more tempting Neil, but Megadownload hates me.
  9. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

When I get a chance, I'll try to get them downloaded and post some dropbox links.
  10. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

11. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

12. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

13. Neil Rocks Licensed Driver

Is there a forum with WIP and development info for these cars? Just out of interest. Also, anyone know why it's not a real Avensis?
  14. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

The post I saw cites this link for "full credits", but I think you have to be registered:

http://f1classic.your-talk.com/t17875-btcc-toyota-avensis-and-chevrolet-cruze

...and then if you click the Register link, the response is: "Administrators have forbidden any new members." Meh.

The reason it's not "a real Avensis" is that this is a simulation! :p Sorry, couldn't resist! :D
    This could be the reason, or perhaps a licensing issue?
  15. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

@Rob, getting a 404 error on the Chevy Cruze link ?
  16. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

There was a typo. Fixed, try again please, mate.
  17. Neil Rocks Licensed Driver

I'm not having that. If I click a link that says Toyota Avensis, then I expect a brand new car, shiny and race-ready, to roll up outside my front door within minutes. I know my rights!

I didn't see the part about where the models really come from, thanks. Shame it's a conversion.