[Nov 13th, 2015] BMW M235i Challenge - Round 8 (Hungaroring)

Discussion in 'BMWC Calendar' started by Andreas Löffler, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Adrian Brezeanu Licensed Driver

2. Oscar Pink Licensed Driver

k
  3. Adrian Brezeanu Licensed Driver

About race it is for Admins to decide what is what
    My problem was i qualy in 2nd but in race i started from the pits for some unknown reason.
    That gave me a big advantage at start.
    Never started from pits i do NOT know what are the rules, sorry.
    Kept up a bit even got away but when tyres started to wear i lost my pace, finished 3rd. (at least provisional until i see what happens with my pits start :eek: )

Other then all that the race was GREAT :D
  4. Ross Macfarlane Licensed Driver

Uh oh...I thought you had quali'd P1....You needed to let Oscar past if you qualified P2....
  5. Ross Macfarlane Licensed Driver

Sorry, I didn't realise you started P1....
  6. Oscar Pink Licensed Driver

see why i was annoyed now. Still not gunna report Adrian, was more the tracks fault than his. I just thought he would give the place back thats all, i persoanlly would of dropped into second on lap 1
  7. Neil Rocks Licensed Driver

Yet another... special round of the league. All things considered, I thought it went all right for what it was. Perhaps the key to clean, mostly incident free racing is to use a track with no pits every time..? Anyway, despite lack of practise I even managed to get slightly involved in a nice tussle at the back of the field with Marco and Jyrki for the last handful of laps, so that was fun.
  8. Jyrki Ihalainen Licensed Driver

I had some collisions with John Stingu and Marco Sbordoni. Sorry about those.
    And Thanks Neil, You're a true gentleman. ;)
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. Marco Sbordoni Licensed Driver

Hi Jyrki, sorry if I wrong something with you too.
    It was really hard defend my position from you, but really fun for me. Thank to all, a special one for Jyrki and Neil, my neighbours :)
  10. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Well, I won't be able to begin making the standings graphics until someone confirms which points structure will be used to score this race. I will be away from this afternoon and without internet access until Monday evening, so don't expect a standings update until Tuesday at the earliest.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Adrian Brezeanu Licensed Driver

True Oscar now i realize that i should of done that , but then i did not know what to do, start wait for everyone to pass . Well i do apologies again for it, next time i know ;)
  12. Rob Taplin Licensed Driver

As I wasn't there I'm not sure of circumstances. But id assume sprint race length = sprint race points? would seem strange to award more points for a shorter race, as when we couldn't pit at blackwood we converted to sprint race time AND points. but like I said, I don't know the circumstances and im not Andreas!
  13. Ross Macfarlane Licensed Driver

Haha,

The only reason we continued to a 2xSprint format at Blackwood in the end was because we promised to make Adelaide a Continental race instead. The race at Hungary was only shortened by 5 laps from the normal Continental length. We would end up with too many Sprint format events, and we only did the one race. All other race events have had 50 points on offer, why change that?
  14. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Andreas has not informed me yet, but I get the impression this race should have the Continental Cup points. I've therefore posted the provisional standings using that system:

www.simracingpro.com/threads/standings.3799/#post-51672

It's easy enough to edit if that changes, and we'll post on the forum to inform you guys when the decision is finalised.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List