[Nov 1st, 2014] SRP PMSC S2 - Round 8 (Nürburgring Nordschleife) - OPEN TO ALL

Discussion in 'PMSC Season 2 (finished)' started by Andreas Löffler, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

08_Nordschleife_Loading.png
    Endurance event:

Training: 25min[21:00 CET = 19:00 GMT]
    Qualifying: 20 min (Hotlap modus) [21:25 CET = 19:25 GMT]
    Warm Up: 10 min [21:45 CET = 19:45 GMT]

Race: – standing start [tba] laps - about 90 min: [21:55 CET = 19:55 GMT]

tyre wear multiplier = x1
    fuel usage multiplier = x2

nürburgring-nordschleife-hdr.jpg

last season podium:
    track not used

Server name: simracingpro.com PMSC - server ONLINE
    server IP: 81.137.172.10:34299

Track: Nürburgring Nordschleife
    Server password:Passwords
    Racing rules:Rules & regulations

LIVE TIMING: www.simracingpro.com/forum/index.php?pages/Livetiming/ (click PMSC on the left)

UPDATE SKINPACK:www.simracingpro.com/forum/index.php?threads/skin-pack.2866/#post-42242
  2. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Hello drivers, this final round of PMSC season 2 will be open to all SRP members:
    • Drivers are not signed up for the event automatically, if you want to race you have to make a post below declaring your intent to participate.
    • Official league drivers who did at least 4 of 7 events this season have priority entry. All others will set on the entry list in order of their sign up for the event.
    • For sign up make a post in this form.
    driver:
    number:
    • If you haven't already a car number, choose a available number from the graphic below. You will get then your own SRP skin for the event:
    available_numbers.png

entry list R8:
    1. Andreas Löffler #1
    2. Joshua Anderson #35
    3. Rob Hermans #7
    4. Klaus Horn #99
    5. Kevin Ledoux #8
    6. Ethan Bass #19
  3. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

driver: Andreas Löffler
    number: 1
  4. Joshua Anderson Licensed Driver

Sign me up with my #35. ;)
  5. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

I'm in, of course :)

driver: Rob Hermans
    number: 7
  6. Eric Stranne Licensed Driver

Eh, is the date really correct? :confused:
  7. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

lol no it isn't correct on the thread title (date on the event flyer is right though). Should be 1st November, of course. I'll correct it, Andreas ;)
  8. Klaus Horn Licensed Driver

9. Kévin Ledoux Licensed Driver

10. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Nobody else ???
  11. Klaus Horn Licensed Driver

:-( i wont drive if nobody else signs in..
  12. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

It IS disappointing, and a bit unbelievable with this car/track combo...but, with respect, it's exactly this attitude which contributes to low grid numbers:

some drivers won't sign up if there are only a few in the entry list = fewer drivers on the grid
    some drivers sign up and then sign out again when there only a few others = fewer drivers on the grid

To be fair, this season in the Porsches has been disappointing on a whole new level. Lots of drivers signed up, but there were large numbers of no-shows and then sign-outs throughout the season. At some events almost HALF THE GRID didn't show up, and didn't even let us know that they would be absent. Some drivers were courteous enough to bother posting an absence report, but not all.

This forced us into changing the rule from "you signed up for the league, so we expect you to attend the races" to "you have to sign up for each round". It's not exactly fun to resort to sending reminders to no-show drivers that they'll be removed from the league if they don't give notice of their absence...and then getting almost no replies!

I know you haven't personally experienced any of this Klaus, but I just wanted to let everyone (not just you) know WHY we're in this situation. The reason is that people don't show any commitment, and by not showing up or signing out because "there are not enough drivers" people make themselves less likely to be accepted when they sign up for future leagues.
  13. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

I can understand this Klaus, not for my personal understanding, but i know why you lesser motivated. Normally we have still almost 20 drivers on the grid which still official sign up without any other information. From that point of view we should have a decent grid. Only last 2 events showed you can't rely on many of this season's grid.Problem to me isn't that they might can't or don't want drive. problem to me is they don't notify us and simple sign out! And that's most respectless to any who have to do with the league (drivers or orgenizers). 1 minute effort to notify us is even too much for them. So i'm quite disappinted from many who sign in this season.

Becuase that i wanted have a sign up notice for the event to know exact who is there. Even for this final event i made it open to all to invite eveyerone to this final league race, maybe also final rfactor 1 race. And who could it better then on the Nordschleife with the Porsche mod. That i was thinking, but with this understanding it seems i'm almost alone.

Anyhow, for me it's pure enjoyment to drive this track. It's a challenge to finish. And even if i would start alone, i have enought fun - also without 20 drivers around me - to bring this car home over 90 min. I'm looking forward to it. Would be ofcource nice if 20 others would think like that, but for me it isn't the criterion to drive or not.
  14. Eric Stranne Licensed Driver

I would've loved to do this, but I'm abroad and therefore can't :(
  15. Ethan Bass Licensed Driver

Be a waste of all that practice not to race.

Regardless, I'll be around if there is a race or not.
  16. Mateusz Bogusz Licensed Driver

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

GRAB_037.jpg

for advices call 666 666 666. Thanks for your help :D.
  18. Ethan Bass Licensed Driver

Hehe. :D The respect levels I have for those who do the 24Hr Nordschleife, especially those with night stints have risen massively. An amazing bit of fun and despite the only racing being me holding up Kevin, I don't regret showing up.

Simracing exists because us enthusiasts want to race amazing cars on amazing tracks, whenever we want to and with all our mates regardless of where they live.

Even when races end up not giving you the result you wanted, so long as you have a smile at the end then the race is a success.
  19. Kévin Ledoux Licensed Driver

I'm sorry to not finish the race. I was enjoying to drive behind Rob but i had to brake very hard to avoid you rob and i loose the car in the wall.
    I was really angry about me.
    If there is a way to do a short event with the same combo track cars, i would love to do it.
    Many thanks to Andreas and Rob to organise this league even if it was not easy.