[Nov 9, 2013] SRP Wellington 250... (1987 Wellington Nissan-Mobil 500 (Wellington city circuit))

Discussion in 'rFactor 1 - Events' started by Jonatan Åcerclinth, Sep 5, 2013.

SRP Wellington 250...
1987 Wellington Nissan-Mobil 500 (Wellington city circuit)
Start Date: Nov 9, 2013 06:00 PM
End Date: Nov 9, 2013 10:00 PM
Time zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
  1. Eric Stranne Licensed Driver

I spell with a C Jonathan ;) But grats to Rob :cool:
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. Jonatan Åcerclinth Licensed Driver

That is the least tabs I've had open in 2 months mate :p
  3. Lars Brugman Licensed Driver

Congrats Rob, have fun with it!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

:eek: Wow! That's an unexpected bonus; I've been thinking about the race all day while out and about, now I won't be able to stop thinking about winning this fantastic prize. :D
    Thanks very much everyone, especially to Brian Clancy at SimRacingHardware, hopefully this will be the start of a beautiful relationship. :)
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. Rui Martins Licensed Driver

Congratulations Rob :)
  6. Bjorn de Haas Licensed Driver

Great commentary guys:) as a fellow former commentator im proud at you guys:)
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. George Talbot Licensed Driver

It was a nice event. A shame more didn't show up, not sure why people sign up and don't show up, shows a real lack of respect.

Circuit was tough but a nice challenge, seemed to suit the cars well. I hadn't raced in over 6 months, maybe even a year so was nice to have a bit of pace yesterday. I enjoy driving the M3 even though its in a different class to the Sierra's. This track sort of allowed us to race but in clean air I couldn't keep up with them. I must remember to double check my pit options as 24 additional seconds or repairing body work killed my race.

I think the race was a little bit too long, with the long quali session and then a race just under two hours it becomes a long evening/event. I enjoyed watching some of the broadcast afterwards.

Thanks to those who organised the event and helped with the broadcast.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. Jonatan Åcerclinth Licensed Driver

Thank you George :)

Will keep that in mind and if the next event is longer we might do Qually on a different evening or 2 sessions, one at another day and then a Qually session on the same day as the race itself.
  9. Rui Martins Licensed Driver

@Jonatan Acerclinth i'm not being able to post my replay on the private conversation, it says the server migth be under maintenance or having capacity issues, is there anything i should try to solve this?
    EDIT: i was having the same problem in this message, until i tried it without the replay, any suggestion?
  10. Erik Tveit Licensed Driver

Race report:

POWAHHHHHH!

No but seriously, thanks for the race. Was a lot of fun! Also, brilliant broadcast! Shame there was no Swede in it.. ;)
    And thanks to SRH for offering the price!
  11. Jonatan Åcerclinth Licensed Driver

Upload the replay link, unlink it with a chain picture wher the chain is broken and then remove the http//:www. and keep the rest in. That is one of the ways to "solve" the issue :)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Rhys Gardiner Licensed Driver

Great event! Was certainly a tough one for me, having to get up at 2am for it.

Had many frustrating moments during Qualifying, but managed to run a time I was happy with by the end. I started 12th (I think) but I knew this was going to be a race of attrition for the most part so I decided to focus on keeping it clean.

That didn't work out too well. I had an awesome battle first with Rob and then with Ethan in the first stint - my car's power was greater than Rob's while Ethan's was greater than mine, so it was a challenge for both battles. But I hit the wall too many times and ended up quite angry with my driving. I went for a 2 stopper on the soft tyres and was hoping that I could capitalise on my fresh-tyre pace to pass Ethan when he pitted. Sure enough that happened, but by a narrow margin!

From then on I was in 8th (due to the retirements of other drivers) and trying to focus on improving my position. But the incident I had with Andy put a stop to that and set me back a bit further (but no hard feelings!), and from that point it was a matter of consolidating my position and hoping others would run into problems. Sure enough that happened, and I finished 8th.

Incredibly challenging track and good racing, guys! Congratulations to Rob for winning the dash.
  13. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Firstly, A big thank you to, Jonatan, Brian and John. A great event put together with a great prize sponsored coupled with a professional and entertaining broadcast.... Excellent work all.

Another thank you goes to all those who attended this event, some great racing!

Rob and I worked pretty hard on our strategy, not enough on the set up but we are not confident doing so and did our best, Rob was happy to drive a set up more to my liking and we found something of a set up, but come race the set up wasn't quite right, could be something to do with driver swapping, more testing to be done.

Rob drove a great first stint and kept his focus on our strategy very well, second stint had some fun moments I apologise to any leaders I may have raced for the first lap or two I drove my bearings were gone and a big sorry to Rhys for my silly mistake that made us both gaze into each others eyes through the windscreen, gratz to podium and everyone for attending and making this a special event to remember and I hope more of this is to come in the future.

Thanks to Rob who not only drove a great race but also has kindly given the prize to me as he has a similar indicator, very nice surprise and again thank you Rob and SRH for this.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  14. Jonatan Åcerclinth Licensed Driver

I realize now that I forgot to say a lot of things about different things :confused:

It could be that you guys had different names to the setup and that caused a slight issue which could have changed your setup. It could be anything else as well but that is the most usual issue if there is trouble with the setup upon a driver change according to my experience :confused:
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Having done the preparation for the TPS V8 race, I knew about this and made sure that when Andy had sent me the setup, I asked him what name he given it and copied it when I saved it on my machine. Yes, it was assigned as well ;)
  16. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Recently SRH, the sponsor of this event revamped their website and are now holding a competition...

[IMG]

Its COMPETITION TIME!!!!

To celebrate the launch of our new website and the Thrustmaster T500 Dash, we are giving away either a Tach Stand or a Timing Stack Display (You Choose!) Entry is simple, just like our Facebook page and Share this competition post... easy!

We hope you can support www.simracinghardware.com & www.simracingpro.com even more in the future as we may have more great combos like this to come.