[Oct 30th, 2015] BMW M235i Challenge - Round 7 (Thruxton)

Discussion in 'BMWC Calendar' started by Andreas Löffler, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Adrian Brezeanu Licensed Driver

LOL do not underestimate your self Rob, :rolleyes: not quite true mate ;) , u are bloody fast even without any practice.
  2. Neil Rocks Licensed Driver

I'm very sorry to say I'm going to miss this round, due to some epic incompetence on my part... my band uas a halloween gig booked this weekend and until recently, I'd assumed it was for Saturday night. Turns out it's this evening. I'll post an absence report but I just wanted to register my annoyance (with myself) at missing one of my favourite circuits, Stacy's guest appearance, etc. etc. Grr. Sorry folks.
  3. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

absolutely zero practice ...ill just have to drive around tonight.... dont like the look of this track
  4. Rob Taplin Licensed Driver

Don't worry Niranjan, I'll be there with you!
  5. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Still 3h guys, so, many time to practice.
  6. Ross Macfarlane Licensed Driver

We all better get the practice in big time in the official practice. Otherwise there will be no grip at all...

My personal thought on grip levels:
    • 90-94% = Ice with Oil on top
    • 95-98% = Just Ice
    • 99% = Normal Road
    • 100% = A track simply made of Rubber
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Rob Taplin Licensed Driver

REMEMBER! Clocks have changed. we are now GMT not BST, so UK guys, practice starts at 7pm!
  8. Norman Bruce Licensed Driver

I was on the server to race, not have a debate about the clocks changing!!!
  9. Adrian Brezeanu Licensed Driver

:eek: lap 1 car standing still on start/finish common not fair, wrecked my car saw it toooo late :( , and exactly on the track where i had a decent pace...
  10. Jyrki Ihalainen Licensed Driver

:mad: Really? Really?

Stupid penalty so close to the finish line.
    I didn't realize I had to slow down "Before the lap ends" -> DQ.

Screw this. After all the BS with the grip and bugged qualifying and what not.. Just...
    Great.
  11. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

After all the nonsense I asked for 2 mins to use the toilet and get ignored race started while away .... poor very poor.

Thats me done SRP thank you and goodnight.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  12. Ross Macfarlane Licensed Driver

After all that nonsense (with server problems) we were running far behind and getting frustrated about not racing, and you went without response...I said like 6 seconds after you asked that there wouldn't be any time because I could see we were starting. Tried to warn you...:(
  13. Dieter van den Bosch Licensed Driver

I got a bit confused at the start. I joined around 21.00 CET for training yet the race already started @ 21.12 ????
    Either the time for the event is wrong or I live in a different CET zone on planet Mars.
  14. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

I thought we were gentlemen , 2 minutes was all I asked, the reason I needed to use the toilet because it was all a shambles.

So whatever .. AC is a pile of crap, I've been with it since day effin' 1 and it still continues to be the worst MP sim I've ecver had the misfortune to waste my money on, ( pc cars excluded) but there I got a refund.
  15. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

Please dont respond to my last post as I will not be here to read it .. SRP is dead long live ... somewhere else.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  16. Jyrki Ihalainen Licensed Driver

Lot of things didn't go as planned today.

I don't really mind. It doesn't bother me. I'm not even mad about the stupidity during the first race. It's just frustrating when that happens. And it was my own fault anyway. I knew I wasn't gonna be huge success today. I got flu and fever and that kinda eats the fun out of everything. The 2nd race, I couldn't focus anymore. I'm glad I didn't crash anyone out of the race. :confused:

There's nothing you can do about this sorta stuff, when server messes up the qualifying and skins and so on.
    I think Kunos really should pay some attention to this whole concept of multiplayer. It works, but it could be so much better..

I'm glad it's over. Let's have some great fun next time. ;)
  17. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

I'm very sorry it turned into this disaster. It was finally totally irregular. Complete my fault i have to admit. Seems its not enought to just look on server if all session (time and laps) are correct. That we got no lap times in Q is something very weird to me as in training all worked correct. I noticed also in race 1 there was cutwarnings, in second not. At least how i experienced.
    Anyhow, i forgot to change the CET time in toppost and what happen on server had nothing to do with a decent league event. Sorry for this.

I think about now how i handle this in the championship. As the process and circumstances with track conditions was so divergent to normal i think its best to not take this event into the championship. But this i would do ofcourse only with agreement of you drivers.

So, please give me a hint about your meaning.
  18. Rob Taplin Licensed Driver

Regardless of my results. I would rather all that effort everybody made wasn't wasted by not counting the results into the championship. That kind of thing should be decided before the race start. Although rather messy, we managed to find solutions to the problems (well done on that one by the way). and although things didn't go quite as planned we still had 2 races with grids decided by shootout laps.

I was once at an event where there were driver swaps, and it all worked fine in practice. Problem was, someone forgot to turn on driver swaps in race. So in the end the race had to be ran in two parts. But it still counted towards the championship using the combined time totals.

Yes we had problems, Yes there could have been some changes to preparation. But we DID have two races with two qualifying sessions. And the results weren't far off what we see in a "normal" race weekend. So I don't see a reason to remove the results, it would be like cancelling the results of the F1 race at austin because they had to cancel one session and delay qualifying...
  19. Jyrki Ihalainen Licensed Driver

Rob made a good point. Everything worked out in the end, and in that sense it's valid race with valid results.
    Otherwise I'd vote for leaving this one out of the championship, but I'm one of the few who would probably gain something in the bargain, so I'm not voting.
  20. Dieter van den Bosch Licensed Driver

I agree with Rob so I would be in favour of letting it count.