Online cars are very shaky

Discussion in 'Race 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Matt Fearon, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Ryan Walker Licensed Driver

Thanks Michael

Here is a picture of the type of memory I use at the moment. I guess anything to do with DDR3 memory should be fine to buy and would work on my PC I guess?

Attached Files:

• RAM.jpg
      RAM.jpg
      File size:
      238 KB
      Views:
  2. Michael van Scheppingen Licensed Driver

It would work but if you are able to get an equal pair, that would be best.

Memory is cheap these days. Buying 8Gb - 16 Gb is also an option.
  3. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Defo agree with that, be sure to install same spec and brand ram for the best.

I Mostly use my cards performance than that of any sim or game and so far always see performance improvements.
  4. Matt Fearon Licensed Driver

Yeah, I have since changed my 32x AA down to 8, nothing has really changed though. P.S. I don't use any of the Simbin AA or V-sync, everything is done from Nvidia Control panel. I know people have issues with Vsync and control lag and whatnot, but guys no matter what game I am playing, if I turn Vsync off, its very disorienting, framerates are all over the place, and it almost makes me sick to look at.

I was reading a forum on nogrip about this same issue happening in GTR2, but nobody really had a clear answer... The more I read about Nvidia having issues with simbin games, the more I want an AMD card, well, come Febuary I will be upgrading, so Its time to decide between now and then :-D
  5. Michael van Scheppingen Licensed Driver

Agreed, it's weird.

Personally I wouldn't change cards because of Simbin games (to old). I don't think the stutter is Nvidia specific. I did noticed it on my AMD cards as well in the past. Actually, now I think about it.. I noticed it a couple of weeks ago on-line.

Might be a problem on the other side of the interweb..?
  6. Matt Fearon Licensed Driver

Hmm. I guess I'll just suck it up and deal with it, because other than the shaking cars, I have a blast racing online. I know what you mean about the card thing, I know the Race series is old, and R3E still isn't looking like its going anywhere, I just LOVE touring cars. I'm a huge Touring car fan, and I have not found another sim that love them as much as the Race series. I know P Cars will have some, and I'm sure Assetto Corsa might, maybe r-Factor 2, I dunno, I wish they could make a Race 14 :-D
  7. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

There is still one thing yet to try and that is an older driver or a new guru driver.

I wouldnt upgrade for r07.

Rf2 will for sure have touring cars included they have 1 license for a btcc car once released i dont think it would be long after that before more cars come.

Asserto corsa i can only hope, rrre pff.
  8. Matt Fearon Licensed Driver

I have been wondering about the old driver thing. I'm just not sure where to start, and I don't want to just start installing drivers all willy nilly, I just need to know a good, olde, stable driver that runs Race really good. All my other PC games run smooth like butter, well except a fore mentioned rFactor 2, which I have to put down to low settings to get good fps with other cars on track.
  9. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Download an old driver from nvidia and the latest one to go back to if needed.

Download driver sweeper from link below and uninstall nvidia graphics driver only.

Try the older nvidia first or from the link below you will aslo find tweaked drivers you could try.

http://www.guru3d.com/content_page/guru3d_driver_sweeper.html
  10. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

I also have a moto of single player graphics damn high, multiplayer low to medium for best performances, in fps games i would keep lowest settings and a shitty res to be a little quicker in game etc.
  11. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

I've just got an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (192-bit)

Some help with the optimum setting would be appreciated.

Thanks.
  12. Matt Fearon Licensed Driver

I also have a 760 (EVGA SC Edition) and I run Race 07 with max settings, and I use Nvidia Inspector to set 4X MSAA + 4X SGSSAA and everything looks and runs fantastic.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List