pTracker + sTracker

Discussion in 'Apps' started by Shaun Clarke, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

We now have full race statistics running on our server that are viewable via a http webpage, and also via an in game APP.

sTracker (Server Side)
    Server side APP for pTracker

pTracker (Local App)
    Features:
    • Local database (sqlite) of all laps and sessions done in assetto corsa.
    • In-game timing against the saved laps (live / splits / sectors)
    • Race position board with timings, works also in MP (can be updated live or when crossing sectors)
    • Soft split calculation in MP (this works only, if valid single player laps of the track are saved in the database).
    • Most important configuration options are available in-game. Other options configurable via .ini file.
    • In-game best lap time statistics (use a double click on the app to access the dialog)
    • In-game session statistics
    • Automatic communication with server-side "sister app" stracker
    • Sending setups between players running ptracker instances (needs stracker > 2.2.0 running on the server).
    • Optionally save personal best lap time setups automatically (default: off; this requires that you always used saved setups; changes made without saving the set will not be included in the auto-saved setups)
    • Message displays for personal best, server best, server entry/exit, checksum mismatches
    • HTTP server for statistics display
    • Live delta comparison against laps stored in database (only possible for ptracker-supported laps)
    Download pTracker

Download pTracker v2.7.2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

3. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Here are some piccys. Works really well

sTracker3.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Here is a guide on how to setup pTracker so it reports on everything in sTracker.

Any problems, give me a shout

PS - Document updated

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Stacy Newcomb has just done some testing and found you have to do a "private one lap practice" of the car and circuit, but not on the server.

You only have to do one VALID lap, and doesn't have to be record breaking.

Once you have done this, all your split times will show up as well as a little more info on sTracker

Thanks Stacy, for providing this info

I have updated the PDF file
  6. Kris Vickers Licensed Driver

Is this a necessity or is it just for people wanting to see splits?
  7. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

It is necessary to prove your time is valid, and gives the results screen a more polished look to it.
  8. Kris Vickers Licensed Driver

No worries, i`ll go do a single lap now if its not too late
  9. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

There is a new version of pTracker Available - PLEASE DON'T DOWNLOAD IT YET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am going to test it tonight as my time is so way off, it doesn't matter, but loads of improvements, see below. I will put the link up once I am happy it is not going to break anything.

Features:
    • Local database (sqlite) of all laps and sessions done in assetto corsa.
    • In-game timing against the saved laps (live / splits / sectors)
    • Race position board with timings, works also in MP (can be updated live or when crossing sectors)
    • Soft split calculation in MP (this works only, if valid single player laps of the track are saved in the database).
    • Most important configuration options are available in-game. Other options configurable via .ini file.
    • In-game best lap time statistics (use a double click on the app to access the dialog)
    • In-game session statistics
    • Automatic communication with server-side "sister app" stracker
    • Sending setups between players running ptracker instances (needs stracker > 2.2.0 running on the server).
    • Optionally save personal best lap time setups automatically (default: off; this requires that you always used saved setups; changes made without saving the set will not be included in the auto-saved setups)
    • Message displays for personal best, server best, server entry/exit, checksum mismatches
    • HTTP server for statistics display
    • Live delta comparison against laps stored in database (only possible for ptracker-supported laps)
    TODO:

• More in-game statistics (maybe navigation through links, etc.)
    Known Issues:

• Joining mid-race gives wrong deltas and a wrong leaderboard (seems that the LapCount information is wrong in this case, fixed with ptracker 2.3.1 on servers running stracker 2.3.1)
    • Sometimes the leaderboard seems to be wrong (a driver clearly behind you is shown in front of you); might be fixed with AC0.22 version.
    • Sometimes, ptracker discards valid laps from opponents because of plausibility checking (this is not true for stracker, though)
    • The first lap is always discarded due to inconsistencies in the values received from AC
    • If a player manages to make exactly the same lap time twice, and this one is also his fastest lap, the lap statistics will show his name twice (should be fixed with ptracker/stracker 2.3.1).
    • In the setup screen, the player names are somtimes not resolved correctly and therefore they are shown as the steam guid only. After a player has completed a lap the player name shows up correctly (should be fixed with stracker version 2.3.1)
    • Sending setups does not work, if a car is driven by a player with non-ascii special characters (the driver might even be away from the server, it is enough that the name is still attached to the car). This is related to the following bug report: http://www.assettoco...46/#post-267869. As a workaround, be sure that you and your friends do not use non-ascii special characters in the driver names.
    • A->B Tracks are only partly supported atm. It is not possible to get valid laps in these layouts.
    • ptracker doesn't work, if logging is disabled in assetto_corsa.ini
    Installing:

Just unzip ptracker-<version>.zip to the assettocorsa root folder (on my pc it's in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa). Afterwards there should be a folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\ptracker.
    When installing over an existing ptracker installation, physically remove the old directory "apps\python\ptracker" before installing the new version. It is not needed to delete the database under your documents folder.
    Since AC Version 0.22, each app must be enabled after installing in the launcher under Options->General->UI Modules. Just check the ptracker app and afterwards you'll find the "PT" icon in the game's side bar.

FAQ:

Q: Is it possible to remove the icon where you can pin the app on the screen?
    A: Yes. Install pin hack (thanks to @Snjper): http://www.assettoco...hack-zip.16490/

Q: What do I need to do to get working splits?
    A: Have a clean lap in single player (e.g., hotlap mode) on the track. It doesn't matter which car. After that, ptracker is able to calculate "soft-splits", as a workaround for a bug in the current (0.22) AC API.

Q: Where is my setup after I received a setup from another player?
    A: It is in the standard location. AC needs an update trigger, so just click once on the track name in the setup I/O page, and you should see the setup named <sender>_<counter>

Q: Does ptracker or stracker store my setups?
    A: No. Your setups are private and you have full control over it. If you do not send a set to someone else, your set stays on your computer. If you send a set to someone, stracker will forward it and delete it immediately after it has been delivered.

Q: I installed ptracker correctly, and it shows in the app side bar, but it doesn't seem to run correctly. What can I do?
    A: (This should not be necessary anymore with versions >= 2.3.5.; if it is, please post the finding in this thread.) Try to close assetto corsa, rename the files race.ini, controls.ini and assists.ini in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\, and then restart assetto corsa. The .ini files get recreated on AC startup and see if ptracker starts now (at least one user had a non-standard .ini file out there, which resulted in an error when reading).

Q: I have opened the statistics window with a double click on the ptracker app. How can I close it?
    A: Click on the "AC" icon in the upper left corner.

Q: I don't see the stracker server statistics in game, but it shows up correctly in the http pages.
    A: Make sure that you specify track and car names in lower case letters in server_cfg.ini (server-sided).
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List