pTracker

Discussion in 'AC HLC Season 1 (finished)' started by Shaun Clarke, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

2. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Can I remind people, pretty please, that you do a private (offline) lap with pTracker enabled of all the events. This will enable sTracker (server side) to report on your lap times, and whether it is a valid laptime.

It is more handy than you think (for me) as it also reports what version of AC you have, what version of pTracker as well, so I can make sure we are ALL running the latest version.

pTracker.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Some drivers reported that even if they had improved their time on the server after doing an offline lap, splits still did not show, so I think it's worth adding that in order to get pTracker to show those split times, you need to do a valid timed lap before you set a time on the server.
  4. Marco Sbordoni Licensed Driver

Hi,
    I have big issues with pTracker.
    I haven't the icon in game, even if i checked in General Opzione the pTracker app :-(

I can't do nothing for solve. I'm thinking to install again Assetto Corsa. But is possible?
    I need help!!!!!

Thank you,
    Marco
  5. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

I would start by deleting the apps folder containing pTracker stuff:
    • ...\assetto corsa\apps\python\ptracker
    • the only pTracker stuff left should be in the content folder
    • then extract both folders in the zip (apps+content) again (to ...\assetto corsa) and overwrite files
    if pTracker still doesn't work, try deleting both the apps and the content folder, then "verify integrity" of local files on Steam.
  6. Marco Sbordoni Licensed Driver

Thanks Rob.
    I'll try this procedure
  7. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Hi all,

So sorry to be so anal again, but I have said this so many times before....and I say it again. Please make sure you do an offline lap on the track and car before you start your HLC session. There are still people out there who are not doing this.

I cannot tell you why I am being so anal at the moment, but all I can say is trust me, it's for a great cause for the future of AC at SRP.

If you're having problems (Marco I know about you mate ) please tell me, or Rob H and we will be happy to help. I don't need to mention names as you can see just by looking at the Lap Times

Come on people, help me out here, pretty please :)
  8. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Perhaps it wasn't made clear enough, because there are some drivers who DID have split times in the previous rounds, who did NOT have them this time.
    This is what needs emphasising:
    • pTracker must be enabled
    • You must do a valid offline lap before you join the server for the first time
    • Setting a lap offline must be done for EVERY ROUND
    The last point is important: that offline lap only counts for ONE car/track combo. In order to prevent forgetting to do it when a new round starts, take the time to load ALL the remaining combos in turn and set an offline timed lap. The only one we can't do yet is Rnd 11, as Thruxton is not available yet.

It may seem over-complicated, but remember we're working with incomplete software. Doing this will help us to make it better next time. Think of it as doing your bit to make SRP as "pro" as we can make it!

Thank you for your {offline} time. :p:cool:
  9. Marco Sbordoni Licensed Driver

Hi,i installed again assetto corsa in another folder.
    C/Program Files etc....deleted and reinstalled pTracker again. But no way for me. The icon to activate pTrcker in game is always invisible :-(
  10. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

But you can see ptracker in the option list in game like in my picture ? But you can't put it on ?

[IMG]

So i think then it can only have something to do with your ptracker installation. You put ptracker files in this folder ?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\ptracker
  11. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Indeed, you do have to enable pTracker in The UI Modules as Andreas has indicated, but the pTracker download includes the full path, so you extract the files to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa

and that could be another reason why it wouldn't work (files extracted to the wrong folder), but we've had discussions with Marco, and he assures us he's done it all correctly. :confused:
  12. Marco Sbordoni Licensed Driver

And I'm also a developer :)
    But sooner or later I'll win with this plugin...
  13. Marco Sbordoni Licensed Driver

I have an error only for pTracker app in Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\log.txt
    Someone can send me his file log.txt, please? So i try to understand something.

LOADING PY APPS
    SECTION NAME ACNOTIFY APP NAME : acnotify
    looking for: apps/python/acnotify/acnotify.py
    Python [ERROR] File apps/python/acnotify/acnotify.py not found in folder
    SECTION NAME CHAT APP NAME : chat
    looking for: apps/python/chat/chat.py
    Python [ERROR] File apps/python/chat/chat.py not found in folder
    SECTION NAME GMETER APP NAME : gmeter
    looking for: apps/python/gmeter/gmeter.py
    Python [ERROR] File apps/python/gmeter/gmeter.py not found in folder
    SECTION NAME OV1INFO APP NAME : ov1info
    looking for: apps/python/ov1info/ov1info.py
    Python [ERROR] File apps/python/ov1info/ov1info.py not found in folder
    SECTION NAME PTRACKER APP NAME : ptracker
    looking for: apps/python/ptracker/ptracker.py
    Cleaning Python Cache apps/python/ptracker/
    Opening PyModule ptracker ...error
    PyModule :: Errors occurred loading ptracker

[PY ERROR]: apps/python/ptracker\ptracker.py (330)
    Python [ERROR] ERROR LOADING MODULE : sys.path.append('apps/python/ptracker')
    SECTION NAME RSRLIVETIME APP NAME : rsrlivetime
    looking for: apps/python/rsrlivetime/rsrlivetime.py
    Python [ERROR] File apps/python/rsrlivetime/rsrlivetime.py not found in folder
    SECTION NAME TYRE_TEMP APP NAME : tyre_temp
    looking for: apps/python/tyre_temp/tyre_temp.py
    Cleaning Python Cache apps/python/tyre_temp/
    Opening PyModule tyre_temp ...ok
    PyModule :: No errors occurred loading tyre_temp
    Init PyPlugin: tyre_temp
  14. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Sent via PM, Marco. ;)
  15. Mark Berends Licensed Driver

i have got the same problem as well...
  16. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Mark, please try the latest version, which you can download here

pTracker
  17. Mark Berends Licensed Driver

i just installed it today from this forum and that is the good one
  18. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Excellent, so all working now Mark?
  19. Mark Berends Licensed Driver

no i just cant see it, i see it in the general menu but not in the list of apps in game
  20. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Like Marco, can you copy your log file here please