rFactor 2 Setups

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 - Setups' started by David Grönvalls, Mar 23, 2013.

1. David Grönvalls Licensed Driver

I thought we could have a thread where we could share our best setups and give eachother some tips on different cars.

Here's a dropbox folder where you can see my setups, I will, hopefully continue uploading new setups in the future. Right now, it mainly contains setups for the GT1 Nissan and the GT2 Corvette.
  2. David Grönvalls Licensed Driver

Corvette C6R GT2: For the C6R I recommend using a very soft front of the car (springs and ARB). This is because the car is very hard on the front tires and you will start noticing after 15min already. Harden the rear end of the car as well, especially in a race setup. This will increase tire wear and it'll be easier to maintain the balance of the car over a race stint instead of excessive over-/understeer.

Nissan GTR GT1: This car is a real beast. I recommend to make the first three gears longer to avoid wheelspin. I've haven't had the time to test it properly, but the tires on this car seem to last really well. Double-stinting them might be a good idea in a race. Try the sebring setup in my folder in the first post. On a rubbered-in track I was able to do mid 1:56's after 20 or so laps, incl. a pit stop. My Personal Best was a 1:55,7. This car drives like it's on a rail, to infinity and beyond, with a good setup.
  3. April Dillon Licensed Driver

I think my rF2 modding investigations have lead to an interesting lead. Dino mentioned this during the recent Imola 150k. Shallow camber angles seem to be the way to go.

When testing different camber angles in the tire testing tool, I think I've found out why. With camber, there seems to be an endless increase in lateral grip as it gets steeper. I've gone as far as 45 degrees and still had an improvement. But at the same time, the rolling resistance climbs quickly. It only takes a few degrees of camber for the tires to start dragging their feet. And before long, there's more rolling resistance on the straights than lateral grip gained in the corners.

I'm having success in the Megane keeping this in mind, as I did in the T280. I haven't checked to see how much it helps in other cars, but it's certainly a change from the camber angles so common in rF1 and it's derivatives.

03/05/2013 I haven't had the rolling resistance change much after more tests in the tire tool. I may have been doing something silly first time round, or the second time round. But I still think shallower camber than before is what we want in rF2.

Anyone who watches the temperatures on their tires probably reaches the same conclusion. It's common practice to use the spread of temperature across the surface of the tire as a guide to good camber values. A difference of 6-10 degrees celsius (depending on the car) from the inside to the outside is typically what people use, and rF2 tires reach those temperature spreads at much smaller camber angles than rF1.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Dino Paolini Licensed Driver

This is a nice topic;
    here is a setup for the Marussia F1 for Malaysia. pb was 1.39.5
    Pedal settings used for this car: Brake sens.: 50% / throttle sens.: 70%

The front camber settings on the F1 car actually works like it should; it makes sense up to ~4° which is exactly like it should be.
    The rear tyres have the same issues like all the other rf2 cars atm which is not enough heating up. The fact that it's an f1 car helps to reach better temps though with excessive wheelspin and so on.

Attached Files:

5. David Grönvalls Licensed Driver

I noticed today that the Corvette has a wide range of spring adjustments, these are very helpful to achieving a balance. I ran on the updated malaysia track and managed to wear my rear tires faster than the fronts.
  6. Dino Paolini Licensed Driver

Here's a qualy-setup for the Marussia F1 at Silverstone. Got asked for it on youtube, so might as well post it here too :)

I've actually changed the gears last time from this to take all the very slow parts in 1st gear, but this linked one should feel more natural for most.
    ps: For a proper race you have to up the radiator by 1 or 2 clicks or your engine will blow up at some point :D

Attached Files: