RFACTOR 2 STEAM RELEASE INFORMATION

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Rob Hermans, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Andy Bonar Licensed Driver

Its looking quite good....even I may go to the steam version.
    Ive asked a few questions on the forum....

Basically if you go to steam, it will put a brand new copy down on your pc, but you can then copy over your user data folder like you may do when you do a clean install....
    Any mods that aren't available through steam, can still be installed in the usual manner with modmanager.

Think this will be good for those who don't like the arsing about manually installing/updating mods as they will be done automatically.....Tony ;)
  3. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Yes, it might take away the clunky update system, which will help those who are new to rF2. However, I have some reservations about everything being automatic: there have been numerous occasions when an update has resulted in something getting broken. If an issue appears which has slipped through the testing net, there will be no way to revert to a previous build. Look what's happening with AC with nearly every update.

Having said that, there are some advantages of going to the Steam platform like the streaming capabilities and the friends system which might be useful to some people. Personally, I'm quite happy to leave it alone...never liked Steam since the RACE07 débacle. :/