Rfactor and Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'rFactor 1' started by Matt Cox, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Matt Cox Licensed Driver

Hi guys,

I installed Windows 8.1 a few months back and hadn't been doing much with Rfactor 1 so have only just got round to re-installing it.

Now after the existing lite install failed to work I did some research and found that the old 'final' v1255 version doesn't work with Win 8 so ISI have released a few updated versions recently.

The latest is v1255G which does away with the Trymedia licence, however I've got mine backed up and have got hold of v1255C which should do the job.

To cut a long story short, does anyone know where the correct place to put the Trymedia folder that contains the licensing information? I've tried various places none of which seen to be working. If push comes to shove and I can always convert my purchase with the form they have provided and move to V1255G, but since I have the licence info to hand I may as well give it a shot.
  2. Eric Stranne Licensed Driver

Eh :confused: I'm running Windows 8 and rFactor works just fine for me.
  3. Matt Cox Licensed Driver

The standard v1255 wouldn't even start up, but after getting v1255c it now works, but I'm just having difficulty hooking the licence back up which was usually no issue under previous Windows versions.
  4. Eric Stranne Licensed Driver

I'm 98% certain I'm running the normal v1255... May just be something with your PC then
  5. Matt Cox Licensed Driver

Where is your Trymedia folder currently residing? After looking through various threads on other forums I'm none the wiser!
  6. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Sorry i cant help Matt :( i had to get a copy as they claimed none of my multiple and only emails ever used was accordingly nit showing on their purchase history, though i know i had purchased it.
  7. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

IIRC 1255c removes the Trymedia. I'm on W7pro, and I'm not sure which is the correct folder for the activation data on W8. Mine is C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\.rFactor

If you DO need to reactivate and you have your order number (IMAxxxxxxx) and the email address you used to purchase, fill in this form and they'll send you the product key. You only need to download and install the 1255g version if you want to do a fresh install and activation, I think.

http://rfactor.net/web/rf1/downloads/

It's a far better method than trying to activate via a company which no longer exists!

EDIT: Trymedia is not compatible with W8, I believe. I think it's pretty amazing that you can even rF1 on W8 at all; not many companies would update a 10-year-old product just to add W8 support.
  8. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

No order no. As i lost had a virus and lost them a long time ago.

Don't matter for me. Im ok, just refuse to pay 45 quid for a at the time 25 quid game.
  9. Matt Cox Licensed Driver

Thanks for the info guys.

I'd had lots of conflicting reports on other forums that some had got it to work and some hadn't. Anyway I still have all the original details, but unfortunately no longer have access to the email address so have had to submit a support ticket. We'll see that comes of it.