RND 1 - Ginetta G55 @ Donington National [April 7th to April 12th]

Discussion in 'AC HLC Season 1 (finished)' started by Shaun Clarke, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

all I want...is at least one event.....I spank you ass....then I will be happy chappy PMSL
  2. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

:D
  3. Kris Vickers Licensed Driver

No spanking please, this is a family zone . . .
  4. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Best things comes to those who wait :p
  5. Kris Vickers Licensed Driver

I thought that was Guiness?
  6. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Here's to waiting.......ROFL
  7. Kris Vickers Licensed Driver

Tick follows tock, follows tick, follows tock . . . . .
  8. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Lol guys :D Back on topic?

I'm not going to allow myself to think I'm the fastest by any means...the trouble with hotlapping is that you're only going to shave those thousandths off by doing it over and over and over. And even then it's like trying to get to something perfect...which doesn't exist, so you have to settle for getting 3 "lucky" sectors in one lap.
    Having said that, you do make your own luck, of course. Roger Penske said: "The harder you work, the luckier you become"... how appropriate is that? Do a million laps and eventually you'll get that time you're after! :p
    I'm not new to that car/track combo. Undoubtedly there will be other drivers who are the best in the other combos...or the luckiest!
  9. Kris Vickers Licensed Driver

On a related note, does the server keep replays, or are they purely client side?
  10. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

I have PM'd you the answer Kris...you should know this;)
  11. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

I've only just got around to doing some videos again, and this one was first on the list.
    My round 1-winning fastest lap, just edging out Eric Stranne...for probably the first and the last time ever! :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Did i already mentioned that this was a terrible car with no feedback to my FFB wheel (G27) what going on in the car, horror :D. I hope not all AC cars are like this :))).
  13. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

If you don't take the time to try different adjustments on the steering setup, the cars will all feel horrible, yes. :p
    Having said that, I will repeat something I've posted several times elsewhere: the FFB in AC is not as good as in rF2. But that doesn't mean it has to feel "bad". You must try to resist the temptation to compare AC FFB to rF2 FFB.

Try these settings, but don't take my word for it...change them to what works for you!

PROFILER :
    107% overall
    0% spring
    0% damper
    Center Spring DISABLED @0%
    900° wheel

In game :
    100 % Gain
    0% Filter
    0% Damper
    13% minimum force (might be different for you , depends on age of wheel)
    2% Kerb
    0% Road
    0% Slip

In Car:
    Gain 55%
    Damper 0%

One setting I found necessary: UNcheck the box allowing the game to adjust global settings. For this reason, I use the Logitech Profiler to create a custom profile for AC. If you decide to do this, make sure you set your current control config to a default setting (in-game), then create a new profile and make sure it works in-game before continuing with any customisation. Restart AC if you make any changes in the profiler.

Also, determining the best settings for min and max FFB is important for the Logitech wheels, so read this post on AC forums and get the FFB clipping tool: www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/force-feedback-anti-clipping-tool-stable-version-2-3.14165/
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List