RND 10 - Alfa 155 TI V6 @ Nurburgring Sprint [9th June to 14th June]

Discussion in 'AC HLC Season 1 (finished)' started by Shaun Clarke, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

This thread is for info only, and will contain the results and leagues. If you have any problems, also post here or PM me
  2. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Server's all up chaps, sorry for the delay, got called out early this morning.
  3. John Stingu Licensed Driver

It says Nurburgring Sprint unavailable content. Wonder why.
  4. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

You have the DLC John?
  5. John Stingu Licensed Driver

Yes
    But the sprint isn't part of the DLC anyway
  6. Remco Majoor Licensed Driver

same here. It's the track that's giving the error, not the car.
  7. John Stingu Licensed Driver

I think the server has an altered Sprint.

The track in my game starts with an uppercase letter, and on the server with a lowercase.

I think that's the issue
  8. Remco Majoor Licensed Driver

spotted the mistake. On the server side in the track name "_" is used, while "-" is needed
  9. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Sorry my bad. Put a _ instead of a -.

All working now
  10. John Stingu Licensed Driver

I wonder if I'm loosing time because I'm not using a clutch.
  11. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Probably not, John. The automatic clutch works well enough in most cars in terms of how fast it can disengage and re-engage engine power. Perhaps on cars which are designed to be used with a shifter, where changing gear might work better manually than the "programmed" shifting?

It's more of a personal preference than a performance gain I think; it feels like I'm more in control when I use the clutch pedal...but I only use it to drive away from a stationary position. It's one reason why I HATE the start procedure in AC: I want to use the clutch off the start, which you can't do right now. You can say "it's the same for everyone", but I still don't like it and so I don't do races. :/
  12. John Stingu Licensed Driver

I have set it to off, actually - the auto clutch.

I really wouldn't like to turn that on, but I still don't have a clutch pedal. I guess I will try a couple of laps with the auto-clutch to see what that does to my times.
  13. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

Hooorrraaayyy...AC has provided us with another perfect piece of crap !!! :cool: ... my wish is that with this series ppl get disillusioned about AC ....if im sounding pretty mean , that's because im trying to :mad::mad:
  14. John Stingu Licensed Driver

At least you could explain what are you mean about.
  15. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

im trying to be mean about AC :eek:
  16. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

@Niranjan.....in this day and age, yes it is a perfect peice of crap, but in it's hay day, it was far from it. So I suggest we all turn our lives back 15yrs, forget about paddle shifters, automatic clutch engages and drive like a real man....is there ABS :oops: LOL
  17. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

@Kris Vickers....your showing no split times mate, do your offline laps LOL
  18. Neil Rocks Licensed Driver

I don't dislike the car but I certainly can't drive it very well. Did what I thought was a reasonable lap, only to find myself almost 5 seconds off... honestly wondered where the ramp or the short-cut was! Hopefully I can sit down and fiddle some settings this weekend, see if improvements can be persuaded to happen.
  19. Remco Majoor Licensed Driver

I absolutely love this car. Going wide? Locked the rear brakes making you go sideways into the first hairpin? doesn't matter, smack that throttle anyway!
  20. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

@Shaun ...no its not the car , its AC I meant :p :p