RND 11 - Nissan Primera @ Pukekohe Park [16th June to 21st June]

Discussion in 'AC HLC Season 1 (finished)' started by Shaun Clarke, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Hmmm, that's not data from AC though, is it? According to that graphic, S2 finishes AFTER the hairpin, not before...I wonder if the track creator has placed those splits arbitrarily? I mean, I just looked at the split times on the lapstat page and compared them to my own offline lap.

I might be wrong, but I reckon my "guess" was closer than that graphic, mate.
  2. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

No that's not from AC, that's from Mark Winterbottom's V8 Page. This track was "converted" from RF, so you might find more info on the RF Downloads site?
  3. John Stingu Licensed Driver

Thanks guys, this way I can understand better where I am loosing time.
  4. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

I would just like to add to Rob's comments on "learning". As you might have seen, I have been struggling on this combo (was over 5sec off the lead) which is just crazy, and like you John I thought I was pushing to the limit.

I actually watched this video below. OK it's about the V8 Volvo, but the principle is the same.

Now after a few more laps, I actually knocked 1.5secs off my lap time ( and slipped in to the Top 10 ) :D

I was so chuffed, I have uploaded the hotlap

It won't help you, as your faster anyway....but I am Appy as Larry
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Nice smooth driving, Shaun! I learned a lot more by watching you drive than by listening to Mr. Davidson. :)
  6. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

DAMN YOU R TAPLIN!!!!!!:mad::p

Right that's it, not only are the gloves off, but new set of slicks going on, I am not standing for this
  7. Rob Taplin Licensed Driver

:D Bad news for you is, my current fastest lap is 0.4 down in Sector one to my PB in that sector. So a 1:09.2 ish is on the cards if i get the chance :p
  8. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

I am in the 1.09's now, John can confirm LOL Thats from a 1:13 to a 1:09 just today :D
  9. Peter Beres Licensed Driver

Damn Rob H, yesterday I have found less than 2 hundredths what was enough to jump up to the first place and I was happy, now I have to keep looking for another tenths. But I dont understand that first sector, probably I should look for the tenths there :D (Jumped throught the kerbs or some spec setup? :D)
    Btw the top 3 is very very close, thats cool.
  10. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

My setup isn't good right now: very unstable on the kerbs, and I can only keep it on the track in S1 about 10% of the time!
    I haven't done many laps yet however, so I'm hoping to gain a little more time yet. [IMG]

EDIT: Look at Niranjan, he's already posted a time faster than mine... :mad::D and the top 3 are not that close anymore...expect that to change!
  11. Peter Beres Licensed Driver

Its a stange thing, cause I have seen couple V8 races at Pukekohe on Youtube and in real many kerbs looked more flat like these. And naturally they are using the kerbs for example in T1.however in AC if you are using them you are dead or losing tons of tenths :D
    But the real track looks like bumpy as hell :D
  12. Dean Snell Licensed Driver

The bumps at the first turn are a killer if you do not get that right you are compromised for the next 3 turns grr... ;)
    I wish to Thank both John Stingu for his setup yesterday that got me into the 1.09's and Peter Beres who today shared the setup he shared on the server yesterday and now in the low 1.09's. Hoping more time to come but trying too hard just now. :p
  13. Peter Beres Licensed Driver

Tomorrow you have to ask one more another setup, and good chances for you to catch 1.08's :D
  14. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

If anyone feels the urge to share a setup, It would be appreciated.
  15. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

ohhhh..ppl are going all out for this one :eek:
  16. John Stingu Licensed Driver

Ah, another fastest sector. 3rd sector this time. A good day of racing.

Also, first place Niranjan, has no fastest sector, haha.
  17. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Unbelievable, i tested this morning a few laps. And, this is the most boring car i ever drove since i started simracing. I feel nothing, there is nothing and i have to watch to don't fall asleep on my lap. Sorry, but this car is really a joke. Physics, sound, everything is far from a good simulation. I have really no motivation to drive any further lap or play with the setup. It's totally no fun. Is that boring, it reminds me to the first sim i drove about 25 years ago. Only, that this developer must know how boring their game is, so - they put in at least in some jumps and loops:

Serious, this car gives me a reason to stop simracing, really :mad:. How deep we sunk ?
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  18. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Why are you still trying to win this competition if you're that bored, Andreas? o_O Put yourself out of your misery and forget the final round, so we don't have to listen to your moaning, please.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  19. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Nice try Rob, i was almost thinking to do that :p. If i start something i finish it, even i have not so much fun. But, that i'm at least not so slow in this weird vehicle, attenuate my post also again a bit :D. I hyberbolism a bit, but this car like nothing what i like to do.
  20. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Of course, I would hate to win a competition by default instead of on merit, but that wasn't what I was thinking about at all. You're perfectly entitled to your opinion, but I don't see your comments and complaints as constructive in any way. Seriously, almost all of your posts during this competition have been moaning: about AC, the choice of cars, the choice of tracks, the feel of this car or that one, being "forced" to drive more laps than you want to...are you seeing my point yet?

Instead, why not start suggesting improvements to make the next Hot Lap Challenge better?