RND 11 - Nissan Primera @ Pukekohe Park [16th June to 21st June]

Discussion in 'AC HLC Season 1 (finished)' started by Shaun Clarke, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Wasn't thinking you take it that serious. I will furthermore just post positive things instead.

What i would like would be limited laps for your hotlap on the "timing server". For example you have a "training server", with unlimeted laps - like the one atm. But then you have to do your lap for the points on the "timing server". And there i would like you have maximum 3 timed laps, better only one lap. Then i would find it much more exciting and the order would sure more often different. This time we have mostly the same drivers in top 5. Cause all what i do, is to get this one lap together, round and round, again and a again. Thats not really exciting. That's why my post are most negative, because i get more frustrated, while i do hotlaps. It's not that i get more and more amused with more laps i do. My impulse is just that i know i can do it better, but that makes no fun finally.

What would make it my meaning also more interesting would be a team champ. This could be by free choice as always or even a random given teammate would be interesting. Requirement would be then ofcourse that all sign in drivers do all rounds. With one week time this should possible for most from my point of view.

Another option could be also to make no hotlap. Instead everyone run 3 to 5 laps in a row and this laps together give you the winner. Then not only one lap count. You must be able to to this hotlap 3 to 5 time in a row :).

And, almost forgot, next HLC must contain the Nordschleife of course :D.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

That's more like it. Some good ideas there, thanks. :cool:
  3. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Manage to capture my lap one time ;) :

You guys should have a look on your gearbox, i'm 4 km/h faster according ptracker :p.
  4. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

I have to agree with Andreas, this unlimited lapping is a little frustrating, a practice server and then a timed server with a fairly low lap limit makes sense.

More FWD just to make me happy and annoy Andreas, Nordschleife..... Yawn !!
  5. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Hi Guys,

I am loving the idea. I am not sure how a "timed" server will work as you can keep lapping even when the times run out. A limited laps server, using sTracker can work because if you go over the allotted limit, I can just delete your times, we would just need to decide on how many laps. Introducing a team championship, that's nice and easy, as can just adapt the current spread sheet that me and Rob use.

I can't believe in just over 24yrs, I have from 9th to 16th :(, those times are really close, need to give it one last push :)
  6. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

A lot has happened in 24 yrs indeed.......

WiFi
    DvD's
    Hybrid cars
    Flash memory
    Smartphones

Oh !! and you dropping 5 places behind me..... now there's some motivation for you. FWD FTW ;)
  7. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

Congrats NK, no more 4th-5th for you speed demon. ;)
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

My first win in the HLC !! I am very happy :) .... I have made it known that I don't prefer FWD , so I find it strange that my first win in a SRP race came in a FWD car ( Clio) and my first win in the HLC also comes in an FWD ....its often the way in life , you hate someone at first sight only to become the best of friends later on ..... anyway the Car was fun to drive and the fast and flowing track suited me and I was able to put in some good laps !!! thanks for the event !! Looking forward to the last round :)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List