RND 12 - Mercedes Benz 190E EvoII @ Thruxton [23rd June to 28th June]

Discussion in 'AC HLC Season 1 (finished)' started by Shaun Clarke, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

I get what you are saying John .. I really do, but I dont agree my comments are negative, I think AC has great potential and I will be sticking with it, but I cant in all honesty say I'm happy with the fact they have "released" v1.0.
    Its not in a complete state, if this were still v0.9I would be fine with the thought that we were gearing up to a complete product.

Let me put it this way...

You buy a Volkswagen Polo, and it drives ok its reasonably comfortable and gives decent MPG, that all sounds fine.
    But then it rains, you look everywhere but you can't seem to find the windscreen wipers, so you phone the dealership and ask
    "Wipers mate ? any ideas ?", he then goes into saleman mode and says they are working on them but they are not quite ready for production models.

AND THEN...... He asks if you would like to buy a nice set of new Alloys that were not available when you first bought the Polo.

It does not make your Polo a bad car... it just means its not complete v1.0.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Or ordering a full english breakfast, and only getting beans. When you ask for Sausage, bacon, fried bread....oh that will be extra :D

You post wasn't negative Stacy, you was just pointing out the facts. My self and Rob have had various discussions, to which I can only agree with him.....Simple one, you cannot put the car in gear before the lights go out..How simple is that :rolleyes:

Pit stops, are way to fiddly, you have to stop, use the mouse ( which is some cases might not be close to you, like myself), click on this, click on that...oh come on

Pre-determined Grid positions, cannot be done if you have a practice before hand.

Track limits.....don't get me started on this one....I could go on, but I won't.

But like I agreed with yourself, Andy and John, non of these will stop me creating another series, as the great fun, laughs, close racing, Pitlane pi$$ take, all out weight these problems, in my eyes.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. John Stingu Licensed Driver

Are you sure you can't get predetermined grid positions? The guys at OSRW have their qualifying during the week and then they race. How do they put the cars in place then?
  4. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

You can John, but you cannot practice before hand, people have to sit in the pitlane (not click drive) and wait for everybody to turn up. If somebody has a problem about joining, ie ADSL goes down, PC problems, people could be sitting there for a long time waiting.

OK you can introduce a cut of time.....hence for this thread :D http://simracingpro.com/threads/volunteers-required-thursday-2nd-july.3757/

I hope you peeps haven't forgotten ;)