RND 2 - Tatuus - Brands Hatch GP [April 14th to April 19th]

Discussion in 'AC HLC Season 1 (finished)' started by Shaun Clarke, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Rob Wilson Licensed Driver

Thanks for the insight and setup - I'll give it a go tomorrow and watch the times tumble !!! (maybe) ;-)

Oh and I've dropped my shouty and slightly rude nickname after 24 years of persevering- sniff. You saw it last on the bottom of a hotlap chart!

RobW
  2. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

As a compliment to my post earlier in the thread, I made a video of my current fastest lap:

No doubt there will be someone who beats that time, but will they upload their lap? :cool::D
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

p2... but still a second off rob ...will keep plushing :) .... great combo this by the way ,loads of fun ...good way to start competition in AC
  4. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Good times guys, keep 'em coming...I expect my time to be surpassed!

@Niranjan: turn off that ideal racing line aid, or run the risk of being considered <whispers> "a console racer". :eek::D
    Kumar_aids.png
  5. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

ooopps :rolleyes: ... just till I get familiar with the track :D
  6. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

That's better, you have now attained PRO level status! :p Nice lap NK, P2 :)

Kumar_aids.png
  7. Neil Rocks Licensed Driver

Well then, one of two objective completed (for now :)). I don't often rage-quit when doing this sort of thing, but after spinning (or sliding enough to mess up the lap) at Surtees for the four hundredth time I decided to come back to it later...

I did watch your video as well, Rob (H) - very informative, and surprising how little braking is going on. Having raced the Pontiac Solstice on iRacing at Brands once or twice last week, this approach felt very unnatural. Will work on it some more soon. Cheers for the upload :)
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. Kris Vickers Licensed Driver

That`ll have to be it from me for this week's challenge. I`m away from home until Sunday night and probably too knackered to put more laps in.

Rob (Hermans) - That setup was pretty awesome, thanks for that. I gave it a little raise at the front, as it was dragging in a couple of places and spinning me off lol
  9. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Don't mention it, I'm happy it suited you. :)

Good for P3 atm, nice lap. Thank you for that tip, clearly I wasn't going fast enough in those places to be scraping the front!
  10. Kris Vickers Licensed Driver

I doubt that!
  11. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan Licensed Driver

Great to see this has picked up quite good audience, sadly I think I have to miss this one.
  12. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

I'm sure you won't be the only competitor who will miss a round or two, Mr.C.

Yes, it was an inspired concept by Shaun Clarke. He has taken this by the horns: providing a way for everyone who wants to drive AC to compete (league racing is off the table for now), providing and managing the server (with the excellent live results tracking), bringing new drivers to SRP...setting a very good example for anyone who is thinking of joining the staff. :)

Shaun deserves a round of applause for his efforts,
    but he does ok on his own! ↑ :D
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  13. Kris Vickers Licensed Driver

14. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Jee thanks chaps :) Apart from the hicups at the start, things are moving along nicely.
  15. Rob Wilson Licensed Driver

Did something go wrong with the tracking last night? My fastest lap wasn't recorded?
    Don't panic everybody - it was still in the 1:24s !
  16. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Indeed, sTracker crashed last night. But there are good and bad consequences: some drivers improved their time, others set their only laps so far - bad for them...but I improved my time, and it wasn't recorded...so that's good for everyone else! :D

Shaun has posted information about it in the !! Server Work thread:

www.simracingpro.com/forum/index.php?threads/server-work.3595/#post-47437

I suggest everyone clicks the "Watch Thread" link there (top right of the page), then you will receive notifications. ;)
  17. Rob Wilson Licensed Driver

Ah thanks RobH. I've just this minute bettered last nights time so all good with me here. Should be outside getting vitamin D tho !
    Now watching the thread as suggested.
    Cheers,
    Rob
    PS/ your setup helped a lot thanks :)
  18. Norman Bruce Licensed Driver

I get cheksum failed you have been kicked out of the race....
    Done an integrity check, made no difference.
    I've got v1.1.5 is this the same as the server?
  19. Rob Taplin Licensed Driver

Seen a few have this. Make sure its all clean mods. Could be an old install?
  20. Rob Hermans SRP Manager