RND 3 - McLaren F1 GTR @ Monza [April 21st to April 26th]

Discussion in 'AC HLC Season 1 (finished)' started by Shaun Clarke, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

This thread is for info only, and will contain the results and leagues. If you have any problems, also post here or PM me
  2. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Hi all, please make sure you do your offline lap, fast or slow, doesn't matter BEFORE you do your online lap.
  3. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

I am going to open the server early as I am working away tomorrow, so leaving early, and home late, so the server will be open tonight.

Have fun :D
  4. Kris Vickers Licensed Driver

I dont envisage being very quick this round, I`m pretty new to heel-n-toe.

With damage on, i see a few gearboxes getting shredded lol
  5. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

My all time favourite GT car !!! :) and it will be able to flex its muscles on the Monza straights , time will be found in the braking zones for this combo I believe .... Good luck guys ....
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. Andy Bonar Licensed Driver

Is this a stock car and track combo or is there anything to download?
  7. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Monza is a stock track, the McLaren F1 GTR is part of the Dreampack#1 DLC, Blue. :cool:
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Andy Bonar Licensed Driver

Ah, ok...wont be doing this one then :eek:
  9. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Arr sorry Andy, I presumed everybody had the Dream Pack, as it was £10 for so much content.
  10. Andy Bonar Licensed Driver

No worries Shaun
    I might get it if there's ever any leagues run on it, but until then I cant be bothered.
    Moving home next week, so probably wont get much racing in between now and then anyway :)))
  11. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

You're right in that there's lots of content, but the price is £10.99...which I call 11 quid! :p
    We've already had the discussion about whether it's worth that price, and at the time I agreed with Kyle's post in which he drew attention to the name of this additional content: the "#1" in the title which points to a series of stuff which we'll have to cough up for.
    It does have lots of good content though:

Nürburgring-Nordschleife (Laser-scanned, with 3 layouts)
    Alfa Romeo 4C
    Alfa Romeo 155 Ti V6 ‘93
    Alfa Romeo GTA
    BMW M235i Race Car
    GM Corvette C7r GTE
    McLaren P1
    McLaren F1 GTR
    Mercedes-Benz C9
    Mercedes Benz 190E 2.5-16 EVO II
    NISSAN GT-R NISMO 2014 GT3
  12. Andy Bonar Licensed Driver

Not bad value I agree....but you know my feelings on the AC business model...and its current state ....in that its not league ready...to me it doesnt justify another penny until such time as it is.
  13. Andy Bonar Licensed Driver

Oh, dont know if its something my side or due to host changes but im not getting email notifications of replies to subscribed threads anymore...sorry OT
  14. Rob Taplin Licensed Driver

Had a go at this......offline I managed 2 laps without incedent and matched Shaun's online time. But can't manage a single lap online! May have to resort to auto clutch & Blip until i can drive. 3 Pedals, never using heel/toe and a chair on wheels really isn't a good combo :D
  15. Nick Deeley Licensed Driver

this car is horrible to drive, even for a mid-90's race car, it's just not good, has no feeling to it, doesn't like curbs, doesn't like any sort of hard braking, nor any quick changes of direction...

it's good for what it was originally built for - le mans racing, long stints at a controlled pace is more than do-able, but any sort of pace setting, it doesn't like it, or at least it doesn't want to for me.
  16. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

That service should be restored tomorrow.
    Heheh, typical driver's excuses, Nick! The car is exactly the same for everyone, of course. I agree that it was never meant for this purpose, but I approach that as a challenge in itself. ;)
  17. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

My all time favourite GT car ..and all that...yes yes yes..it may well be so.. but I had a go in at it just now and it feels like a bathtub on wheels :D ... lets say the Tatuus was a sweetheart and this is a bit#h who would bite your balls off :p ... all in the game ....
  18. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Well, I'd say it's early days for me; I've just about learned to stop going off the track at every opportunity (the Tatuus was exactly the same in the beginning), and when it comes to the way this car behaves when you go spinning compared to any of the other cars in AC, it's exactly the same: feels horrible...Eric voiced that opinion as well the other night.
    Yes, the McLaren is quite difficult under braking, but again, that's about feeling it, learning it. :cool:
  19. Rob Taplin Licensed Driver

Well, Ive now done my back in using a different seat without wheels lol. And the one time I get a incedent free lap pTracker decides it doesnt want to be connected to the server, so I've gone all blank on the hotlap chart. Think I'm going to have to give this one a miss.
  20. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

I have to agree with Nick on this one, I hate this car, but I didn't want people feeling that because I created the HLC, that I only picked cars I love driving and good at. This car is awful, plain and simple ( I must admit I was expecting an upgraded McLaren GTR) but no seq gear box...oh please...anyway, its called the Hotlap Challenge as this is what it is...a challenge.

Again, apologies Andy Bonar, but there will be a few events you miss, as I have used DLC#1 content :oops:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List