RND 3 - McLaren F1 GTR @ Monza [April 21st to April 26th]

Discussion in 'AC HLC Season 1 (finished)' started by Shaun Clarke, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Oh please...go back to Mr Average then...if you really care about this AC community that much PMSL and stop being Mr Alien
  2. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

Karma....is right !! :D:cool:
  3. Neil Rocks Licensed Driver

Really not just us!

There were 16 of them on track for the recent Goodwood member's meeting - it's good that there are people willing to take 'old' and valuable racing cars out and give them a proper run, but you're right. One mistake, in a car that seems to encourage mistakes, and you're writing a hefty cheque.

And re: throttle blipping, yes indeed. I found I was giving it a bit too much actually, for a while, and that lesser blips made the change down a lot smoother. I'll give your setup a try later on, too - cheers for sharing once again.

I found that the car was quite receptive to braking very hard indeed - I'd been being careful, but I found I could really stand on the brakes heading for the first and second chicanes, and rarely got much of a lock-up. Maybe I changed the bias at some point, but not by a lot.
  4. Kris Vickers Licensed Driver

I`m conceding.

Managed to improve slightly tonight, but it's frustrating more tonight than it was yesterday.

I`m away again this weekend, so I`ll have to settle for 5th or worse.
  5. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

I am not able to do the clever stuff like blipping the throttle. So may not be a complete braking issue, it's probably best if I skip the rest of the Rwd cars and wait for the one Fwd car on the calendar.
  6. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

I was able to improve by another 0.3s last night...go on Andreas, you know you want to! :D

It wasn't a very tidy lap, and although it was faster in the the first sector than my previous best, I lost some time with slides and bumping on the exit kerbs here and there; my theoretical best is 1:48.937! So I predict that someone will beat me...will they be prepared to put the laps in? :)
    I'll post the replay vid on Monday.
  7. Andy Bonar Licensed Driver

Ok, so ive goen against my beliefs and bought the DLC... put an initial lap time in, hopefully will get chance to do a half decent lap before Sunday :)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

@Stacy - Don't give up on the RWD's just yet. You will like the Ferrari GT2 and the BMW 235i Racing. Your not the only one who hates this car LOL

@Andy - Excellent mate, best £10 you have spent :D
  9. Neil Rocks Licensed Driver

Well, I hope you change your mind, if not about the F1 then about the others.. I couldn't do any fancy throttle-while-braking tricks either, until AC came out. I taught myself while ruining a lot of KTM X-bows at Imola. It helps, I guess, that I've always left-foot-braked (something I don't do in normal, real-life driving, but which I assumed everyone did when simracing). Go on, give it another go :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

...best eleven pounds, you mean! :p
  11. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

@ Neil & Shaun, I'm Feeling the love as always at SRP, don't worry my dummy has not been thrown from the pram just yet.:)))

But I make up for the lack of skill in my twilight years with an extra pound or two of "Fun", sometimes I just don't feel the fun and this is one of those times, just taking a lower profile for a bit is all. :cool:

@Shaun, I can catch a slide/spin of two in the 458 and I enjoyed the last open wheeler as well, but most RWD just eat me alive, I'm far too aggressive a driver for my own reaction times.:mad:

@Neil, I left foot brake too, but I drive everything like it's a Kart, and my Kart driving has very little in the way of finesse about it, give me a FWD tin top and I'll be a happy bunny, if still not very fast. ;)
  12. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

What's a pound between friends LOL
  13. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Quite true, bud. But "take care of the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves" as me old nana used to say...ok, I was a penny out, sorry nana!

The official price of Dreampack#1 is £10.99... $16.68... €15.35... at the moment...just so we're clear. :D
  14. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

@Stacy...I too left foot brake (come from my LFS days) although I own a G27, I don't have room for the shifter, so at least if I sell the pedals, I can say ( one pedal unused :D )

I know its not fun being at the a%% end of things, been there, done that with LFS for so many years, but I just like the fun, giggle, banter that goes on, and also the mini leagues that build over time in amongst the overall HLC.

For example going on the last two results, you now have Rob H vs Eric S vs Andy B, (Alien League) and then you have Me vs yourself vs Neil Rocks vs Kris vs Rob T (picking up the rear league) but with in all that, you have personal bragging rights...Rob T nailed it on the head in his last post in Brands Hatch regarding my time, which still makes me laugh

This is how I see it, and enjoy it Stacy...:)
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

1:48.937 , did you say ?? ...so im not doing something wrong ...im doing everything wrong :confused: even my theoretical is a second off , never mind my actual lap ... and funnily I cant seem to even get close to my own PB as I put in more laps , for some reason ... and I wont be having time for the next two days for any more laps im guessing , so It would be great if I could have a top 5 , but I know that would be too optimistic........
  16. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

By way of response Niranjan, I'll copy what I wrote in the first round thread:

I'm not going to allow myself to think I'm the fastest by any means...the trouble with hotlapping is that you're only going to shave those thousandths off by doing it over and over and over. And even then it's like trying to get to something perfect...which doesn't exist, so you have to settle for getting 3 "lucky" sectors in one lap.
    Having said that, you do make your own luck, of course. Roger Penske said: "The harder you work, the luckier you become"... how appropriate is that? Do a million laps and eventually you'll get that time you're after! :p
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

What :eek: ? I need a DLC o 15€just to take part this round :mad:. I go crazy with somany sims. All want just my money i believe ;).
  18. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

No one is forcing you to pay for something you don't want, Andreas. Read the discussion HERE and you'll see you're not the only one who feels that way.
    Having said that, I think it's ironic that the person who was SO INSISTENT about including Nordschleife doesn't want to pay for the DLC in which it's included!? o_O:confused:

I think it's good that there's a choice when it comes to paying for content: different companies with different business models...isn't that what competition is about? Or would you prefer to be forced to accept only one way of paying? Have we all forgotten what it was like while we were waiting for these new sims to be released? And now we've got them and all we do is complain about how much it all costs?
    Come on, make your choice and like it...stop complaining about it.
  19. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

But without success. I buy it only because of the Nord, not because of the Mclaren or the HLC event.
  20. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Well, I can guarantee you won't be disappointed! And those other 9 cars you get as well as the McLaren make it good value, imo.:)

I'll get working on persuading Shaun to include Nords in a future round of the HLC...I'm sure we haven't seen the last of this series! :cool: