RND 3 - McLaren F1 GTR @ Monza [April 21st to April 26th]

Discussion in 'AC HLC Season 1 (finished)' started by Shaun Clarke, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

I haven't ruled out a SSS (Super Special Stage) yet, where you can gain extra points depending on what you drive. Yes, you will be awarded difficulty points for choosing a more difficult car from the list of cars that I choose. ;)

There......floats your boats chaps :D
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

/cough....... "Handicap system" .:eek: .. only joking :rolleyes:
  3. Nick Deeley Licensed Driver

So, driving the Formula DS (4500 km/h jet-petrol super sonic extreme experimental car) around Targa Florio will net the most amount of points?
  4. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

No.... Driving James Thompson's WTCC Lada more than 100m without a mechanical fault will net the most.....Obviously :rolleyes:
  5. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Oh guys, I was only thinking out load here....I could say, Abarth 500 and do it in less that 24hrs :p

Oh the discussion was about Nordschleife
  6. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Basically it's a great car with many little facets for example on braking. But again, i feel nothing from it. So i just guess what happen next. Means it is pure luck if i get a good lap together, cause mostly i have just question sign's over my head with thinking: Why the hell happened that now again ? :confused:
    I have to google a bit for G27 settings, maybe i find anything which helps me feeling the car better as AC is elswhere very good.
  7. Dean Snell Licensed Driver

That round was not enjoyable to start with but once i viewed Rob on track and he shared his setup it got more interesting. Thanks Rob your setup was appreciated as i always have had trouble with having the time and ability to create my own :). I improved from a 1:53.8 with default setup on medium tyres to a 1:51.8 with Robs setup. Don't think I can improve on that.

Come on Shaun give us a break with the loose rear end swapping cars a KTM for round 4, its worse than the MacLaren for swapping ends :eek:

See you online soon :)))
  8. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

I am lovin the KTM....that's all I am saying :p
  9. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

my time is 01:50.227, which puts me in 5th again for the moment, I wont have time for any more laps ...would be great to have a consecutive 5th place finish..... could only manage a time 7 tenths off my theoretical best , I guess everyone struggled for consistency.... this car was frustrating as there was no "quick fix " for mistakes but also some valuable but hard lessons learnt of our own driving styles ....

Thanks again to Rob Hermans for the setup !!! Grats to the winner !!!! :)
  10. Dean Snell Licensed Driver

OK Shaun have tested the KTM and after a little setup tweak its not to bad and the back end not a loose as the MacLaren :)
  11. Neil Rocks Licensed Driver

I decided to set myself a new target. Instead of aiming for + no more than 2.0 seconds (failed at Brands...), I thought I'd add up the deficit to 1st over all rounds, shooting for less than = 20.0 seconds by the end. I make that about 1.6 seconds per event, which is historically a bit quicker than I usually am versus SRP, so... yes. I'm not sure why I've done this, but I have.

While I was looking at the lap-times, I calculated 107% based on Andreas' current time (1:49.478). I'm pleased to announce that everyone has qualified! Unless I've forgotten how to maths, which is entirely likely.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Rob Taplin Licensed Driver

Well, ive improved! 9th the last two rounds, 8th this time! When will you let us drive a car with paddleshift? I can't stay in one place in this chair :D
  13. Rob Wilson Licensed Driver

I'm with you here. My vote is either the cobra or the f40 on Nords Touristfarty! My pickup and play of choice before I was tricked into joining this cruel competition ;-)