RND 4 - KTM @ Prato Short [April 28th to 3rd May]

Discussion in 'AC HLC Season 1 (finished)' started by Shaun Clarke, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

This thread is for info only, and will contain the results and leagues. If you have any problems, also post here or PM me
  2. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Well here we go again, another funky car on a short track. I see Peter Beres laying down the law with Rob Wilson in 2nd place..I know early days, but are the Aliens holding back, waiting to dominate....time will tell
  3. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Not holding back, just not had the chance to get on the server yet. :cool:
  4. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Oh bugger you found out you are on the black list already :(:D
  5. Kris Vickers Licensed Driver

Mother Hubbard!

I managed a 1:21.544 and didn`t notice that ptracker server connection symbol was grey instead of green.

Now on timing webpage it shows without sector times and validation :(

Replay file link below if i cant improve on this time and get ptracker to record it properly. I don't think I`ll ever go that fast again lol

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzXvH44EcOAbQzBRZjFfaW5yN3M/view?usp=sharing
  6. Rob Wilson Licensed Driver

I was in Kris's slipstream on that lap, used the extra momentum and pulled out of it just before crossing the line to achieve a 1:21.400

I forgot to save the replay though :-/

(Seriously tho - I feel your pain kris- Ptracker went down for me in round 2, but then I managed to go quicker a day later anyway. I'm sure you can do the same!)
  7. Peter Beres Licensed Driver

But after you went to save replay and came back, you could run almost same lap, if I remember right isnt it? Around 1.21.5xx?
    When I have seen your mid 21 laps, I halfly gave up in soul...feel high 21 from my sectors, but middle I dont know.....
  8. Kris Vickers Licensed Driver

Yeah, I did a 1:21.57something and a 1:21.59something.

Not quite quick enough though, but bloody close.
  9. Rob Wilson Licensed Driver

Hermanator has jumped straight in at the top again to put us lesser mortals in our place anyway!!
  10. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Sorry Kris, but we are on Round 4 now, I need to stick by the rules at some point, otherwise what's the point of making rules. You will need to do a Valid Lap. Same for @Tony Matthews.

Update - Kris you have done a Valid Lap with sector times, as when I removed your last lap time, it still remembers what you have done in the past.

So you are still 2nd place :)

Update No2 - Same for you Tony. Removed your invalid lap, and the last one you did was valid with sector times.

Looking good now
  11. Kris Vickers Licensed Driver

Cheers dude.

EDIT: Bloody hell Rob (Hermans), stop setting such quick times!!

I dont think I`ve got much more i can shave off that time, so cant see me beating 1:21.3

Now, to wish away the week so the other quicksters don`t get a drive before round 5 . . .
  12. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Our times are close, Kris. We've only done 20-odd valid laps though, and if the past rounds are anything to go by, we'll need to do 100 laps or more to get anywhere near the ultimate fastest time.
    My prediction for this round is that Eric Stranne will get fed up with always being the bridesmaid and never the bride...he will go fully committed and blitz the lot of us! :D
  13. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Wait a minute, if you can remove invalid laps and replace them with valid ones which were done earlier, doesn't that mean that the sTracker/pTracker system wasn't working correctly? Either that or drivers switched it off after setting a valid lap? :confused:
  14. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

sTracker remembers every lap you have done, even if pTracker wasn't enabled. If pTracker is not enabled or you don't do an offline lap, sTracker still reg your times. So for example if you do a valid time, then turn off pTracker, then do a quicker time, sTracker will say "yes your quicker, but its' not valid or report split times"

I have the ability to remove each laptime, one by one...so for example, if you did a valid lap with pTracker then did a quicker one without pTracker, but STracker Reg this lap time, I can remove that laptime.

Makes sense?
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Unless sTracker says / reports Valid Laptime = YES, and all the sector splits are there, I can, and I will remove your laps.
  16. Neil Rocks Licensed Driver

I've got some work to do here, then - but I just want to say that this particularly is a great car/track choice. I haven't tried the KTM for ages, and I'd forgotten how much fun it is! I can definitely go quicker than my current time, but usually one of two things happens - I'll get a bit too enthusiastic coming in to a corner and lock up, leading to an invalid lap, or I'll get a bit too enthusiastic coming out of a corner, leading to hilarious drifting. If we set a bad time, but do a lot of it sideways, can we get extra style points?

I'm joking. I'm no drifter. But I seem to find this car easier to hold in a drift than some of the 'drift' cars AC provides us with...
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Eric Stranne Licensed Driver

That's very kind of you Rob. However, my PC has gone full derp for the second time in about a month, so I don't know if I'll get it running before Sunday.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

:eek: Oh man, talk about bad timing, Eric! :( Bad luck dude, wishing you a speedy (IT) recovery.

(post #14↑) Thank you for explaining that so us "AC virgins" can understand, Shaun. :D
  19. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

I am ill :( ... im not sure if I can compete this week ... that's a pity as I tested the KTM for a couple of laps some time back and it felt great ...
  20. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Agh unlucky, Niranjan. :( Will it make you feel better if I post my setup again? [IMG][IMG]