RND 6 - Alfa GTA @ Brands Hatch Indy [12th May to 17th May]

Discussion in 'AC HLC Season 1 (finished)' started by Shaun Clarke, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Andy Riches Licensed Driver

lol, no chance!

i dont mind loosing it. i have it recorded so can video it if the doubt is whether i cut corners or not. its also on RSR as a valid lap. if the rule is that it must go if that happens then so be it, im not too bothered. the 57.009 had sector times etc.
  2. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

HA HA.....I called in the Cavalry Niranjan, an old friend of mine. Thought I would spice things up a little bit. #evillaugh

[IMG]
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Oh....thanks Andy R, there goes my top 10 chance....

[IMG]
  4. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

we will keep fighting !!! :)))
  5. Andy Riches Licensed Driver

i found the cause of my issue. dont use experimental ptracker. its ok if your on the server on your own but not if someone joins who is running 2.6.8. just so you know guys
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. James Skinner Licensed Driver

Finally managed to get on the server today and run some laps, but had a close encounter with 3 aliens... Even my 6 year old son remarked how much slower I was...:D
  7. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Well.....
    1) Beating Andy Bonar
    2) still not in top 10

But getting slower now, so that's it from me. As least I didn't drown :D
  8. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

im sick at the sight of 4th position !! :mad: ... if that's where im goin to end up again , or maybe someone will push me further down .... the car felt better than last weeks BMW , but still far off what I like ....combined with ACs lack of feel and also a strange braking defect if I can call it that..in AC the wheels seems to lock up even at the start of brake application , locking towards the end of braking zone is understandable but this felt strange to me..... I played around with the brake gamma settings but it didn't feel much better .....Hey, maybe all these are just typical race driver excuses :p ..... hoping that the race tonight will wash away all the frustration , come join us with the megane trophy guys !!!.... anyway thanks for the event and grats to the winner :)
  9. Andy Riches Licensed Driver

its undoubtedly to do with your settings Niranjan, i have the same thing but the reverse. RF2 i have no feel at all, it seems like i have to turn my wheel passed 180 degrees just to make a 90 degree turn :p. if you want to get into AC keep playing with those settings!
  10. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Between AC and rf2 i have to switch my steering rotation. In AC i use 355° and in rf2 i use 900° (G27 logitech profiler - global settings), but there you have to set the vehicle set on and my ingame steering rotation i put on 576° wgich you can setup on the bottom left. But sure everyone have to find out for yourself whats best to drive. But if your steering rotation is that wide how you described, maybe this helps you to find a better setting.

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Andy Riches Licensed Driver

thanks for the info Andreas.

in AC i use an app for t500, i disable in-game rotation completely and set it for each car in the app. seems to work much better for cars with either very high or very low degrees of rotation.
    i had RF working ok a long while ago, i remember having a lot of fun at sarthe with the Howston G4. i tried it again recently and it looks very different. i only tried the cobra and i think i tried setting the rotation in garage to 400, 1080 and a few places inbetween.
    i might of had steering help on i dont know, i tried hitting the f keys and could feel my wheel jolt every time i hit the 1 related to steering but there is nothing on the screen to tell me what i have done : /

basically i only gave it a quick go. i need to get to grips with the new look and set it up properly (if i decide to rebuy online access)
  12. Norman Bruce Licensed Driver

Was busy this week so I only managed to get on the server today for a while.
    I got it down to 59.750 thanks to Dean for his setup it made 0.250 of a difference, but this car is not only about the setup you either get the corners right or your off.
  13. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

I hate this :))). Over 5 tenth over my theoretical best on such a short track and i don't get it together anyhow :mad:. Since Rob don't hand out his setup anymore i'm chanceless to win :p.
  14. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Well, I didn't even use my own setup this time, and you're unlikely to become more consistent with a different setup, so...it's about time someone stopped your run of wins! :p Nice one, Andy R. ;)
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  15. Andy Riches Licensed Driver

so... does this run till midnight or can i breathe out already? :confused:
  16. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

You can breathe...no times will count after 22:00GMT (9pm UK time). :cool:
  17. Dean Snell Licensed Driver

Yet another round over. Shaun I hope we have speed boats from now on not little sailing Dinghy's which flap in the wind :p.
    Congrats to the podium sitters (they landed and probed hard while we swam to safety after capsizing the boat) and everyone who took part. Top 10 again, can't grumble with that. I wish to thank Rob for his help and best tip of the round, not his exact words but... "sliding isn't always slow you have to find the edge before it is slow". That helped me break into the 57's yippee
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. James Skinner Licensed Driver

Couldn't get to grips with this combo to begin with but grew to really like it by the end - in the interest of honesty though my fastest lap 0f 58.167 was set after 10pm GMT (at 22.07 :() , which would put me in 10th behind Rob W as my second fastest was a 58.2xx
  19. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Hi All,

As you might have seen, we have had a bug pop up in the 1st Split times, where it was showing the 1st split was 8 secs faster than anybody else, although the lap was being reported as Valid. We immediately thought it was the local version of pTracker, as it was only Roger that had suffered this.

Andy Moore has now suffered the same thing, but nobody else, so it had to be something else. I think I have found the problem, although could not look in to Roger's time, as they was removed. I am not sure how this has happened, as I will explain.

I look at everybody's information, and it appears that Andy Moore is running a different version of Brands Hatch Indy. These are the Track Checksum Codes that when I login as Admin, I can see them.

Rob H Track Info - be1a...4b4e
    Andy Riches Info - be1a...4b4e
    Andy Moore Info - cf37...aa15

Like I said, I don't know how this has happened, as the file on the FTP server is the same for everybody and also, usually if you are using files that are different to the server, then it "SHOULD" not allow you to connect.

So for this round, we will give Roger his time back, and allow Andy to keep his fastest time.

Apologies for this slight hic-cup. Never seen this before, and never seen this reported before. I guess you never really learn anything until it goes wrong.

I am going to delete all the extra content on the FTP server / Server, and make sure everything is up to date ( I don't think anything has changed re tracks that we are using) and will let you all know.

I will also, from now on, keep an eye on this Checksum code.

Regards

Shaun
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  20. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

hmmm , after this round I have dragged myself one place up in the champs to 8th .... the hard grind continues :p