RND 8 - Mercedes-Benz C9 @ Spa [26th May to 31st May]

Discussion in 'AC HLC Season 1 (finished)' started by Shaun Clarke, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

This thread is for info only, and will contain the results and leagues. If you have any problems, also post here or PM me
  2. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Server's open. Have fun :)
  3. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

This round should separate the men from the boys !! :D .... and I would advice anyone who notices any foul play ...or "creativity" to save the replay of the session and send it to Shaun or Rob :mad:
  4. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

This is a Kunos Car and circuit, and it would of been reported on the AC Forums by now Niranjan :)

WOW time to really ride in the sh....I mean seat of my pants, this car is no toy :eek:
  5. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Hi All

Remco send me a PM about SPA. Now I thought SPA would be locked down, due to being Laser Scanned, and also a Kunos track, but guess not. So I shut the server down, and also done a bit of back ground work. This is what Remco said..

Now I will just note parts where you can go 4 tires off cerb/astro turf over the white line without the game making your lap invalid. I didn't test them out on if it is faster or not, also didn't really check out how far you can go either.

Following the map below:
    Turn 5 (raidillon) coming out you can go pretty far over the cerb (didn't test out how far yet)
    Turn 17 (blanchimont) going in you can go 4 wheels over the white line
    Turn 18 (still blanchimont probably) you can gain the biggest advantage by going off-track. Also didn't test that out, since my setup doesn't allow hitting cerbs very well.
    [IMG]So thanks to Remco for this, so I did a little more testing. Now what I have found out, surprised me. Penalties don't appear to matter if your running in practice mode, only in Quali and Race mode. I tested this, and in practice mode, I could go flat out straight line it through turn 3 4 and 5...not good. Also, Turn 17 and 18.

Now I have set the server to Quali mode, and tested again. You cannot go flat out now though turn 3/4/5, but you CAN still go four wheels / tyres out side the white lines of Turn 5. Advantage, not sure, Remco will let you know. Also Turn 17/18 you can go 4 tyres out of the white lines. Again, advantage, not sure.

The server is set to allow 2 tyres out of track limits, like in RL. I can turn this off so no tyres are allowed, but I think this is is unrealistic, but would like your thoughts.

The server will now be back one shortly, but the track limits are set to AC and nothing else.

Thank you to Remco for pointing this out, and also testing with me

Shaun
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Server is back online, everything has been pointed out, so Happy Hot Lapping People :D
  7. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Rob H, you rated my post as informative, but I was asking for everybody's opinion, so would like everybody's thoughts on the findings. Basically two options:

a) Leave it as it is, two wheels allowed outside of white lines, although some corners your allowed 4 ( cannot stop that )
    b) Turn on Max penalties, so NO WHEELS ALLOWED outside white lines (not realistic IMHO)

Thanks guys
  8. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

I haven't been on the track yet, so I was reserving judgement until I had done so.
  9. Remco Majoor Licensed Driver

I went and have done laps both going wide and staying withing the 2 tires on cerb/white line in turn 5 and going wide only makes you go slower.
  10. Neil Rocks Licensed Driver

^@ Rob's post - Seems like a good approach. Having not yet driven this car at all, as far as I remember, I'm a little afraid of it and cannot currently guarantee that I'd be able to keep any wheels inside the white lines... :)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Tested Neil and I agree, and thanks Rob H and Remco. I just wanted to steady everybody's nerves and make sure that everyone knows everything, and wanted their opinion. Like I said, I can turn Pen's on max, but IMHO, this will take the "fun element" out of it
  12. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Why not simply ask people to save their replays? If their time is questioned, they will have something to back it up. Imo, we should at least try to stick to the "2 wheels" rule.
  13. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Good Idea Rob, but replays in AC are hit and miss, esp with dedicated servers. You have to time it right to save it, before the next session over rights it . You have to exit, then go to your my docs, and there is a file called CR, you have to rename that to what ever you want, but if you time it wrong, it's the wrong replay.

It doesn't work, it's WIP within AC
  14. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Yes, it's not ideal. It's not rocket science either though, and it's not hard to get into a habit of renaming the file every time you improve; I've managed to save my best lap for every one of the 7 rounds we've completed so far.
  15. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

haven't tested yet, but I vote for
    Turn on Max penalties, so NO WHEELS ALLOWED outside white lines , it might become a bit frustrating as some of your times might get easily invalidated but , I think in the end it will make things simpler and more fun....
  16. Remco Majoor Licensed Driver

I would say, keep it like this, you can't really gain any time anyway by going off-track at the designated points. And if you can, it's not such a different line like last weeks
  17. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

I have to agree with Remco on this one. Everybody now knows the subtle exploits that they can take, but we have done our best to shut off the other ones.

At least, this is an open playing field now, not ideal, but no secrets ?
  18. Rob Taplin Licensed Driver

I'll still stick to the proper lines. Will explain my 7 seconds down :)))
  19. Remco Majoor Licensed Driver

the 2 min 10 lap I didn't use any of these off-tracks. so it doesn't :p
  20. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Guys come on. What you need to realise is I am doing my best, but I am limited from what Kunos provides, I cannot do anymore or change anything, it beyond me.

If there is flows in Kunos tracks, I cannot change that, so there is no blaming anybody. Like I said, thanks to Remco, he voiced it to me, and me and him tested it.

I am getting seriously pissed off now, as this is something I can not change, I wish I could.

This is a fun event, and yeah, there will be flaws, but I help where I can. I cannot change major things