RND 8 - Mercedes-Benz C9 @ Spa [26th May to 31st May]

Discussion in 'AC HLC Season 1 (finished)' started by Shaun Clarke, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Kris Vickers Licensed Driver

Haha, not as yet.

AC is relatively new here at SRP, so it`s still being learned in an online capacity.

There was a single online race that was run last weekend, which was a multiple GT race at the green hell.

No doubt learnings will be taken from that and applied to future events, of which I`m not sure there are any planned in the near future.
  2. Davide Ricciardi Licensed Driver

...well, I'll be around waiting for that day ;)
  3. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

@Remco: great video, superb driving, mate! Only sharing half your setup to keep that gap behind you, eh? :p
    I'm sure it was a mistake of course, but you've not copied some of the lines, we're missing the diff settings, ARBs, springs etc?
  4. Remco Majoor Licensed Driver

I will check today if I have time.
  5. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

I have now become fowl of the split time rule, after finally (days of trying) to post a valid lap with a half decent time and not changed anything in AC or p+sTracker. I will leave my time there for now, as I try to fix the problem. Just thought I would let you all know, I am aware of it :(
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Weird, my car have always different power. Offline i reached 312, then online about 335, then i was about 20min in pit (qualy was on 0:00 min) and tried another lap, and i even reached not 300 Km/h. :confused:
    Maybe i try tomorrow another lap, i'm not really motivated this weekend.
  7. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

You are using the boost setting right, Andreas? Use the number keys across the top of the keyboard: 1=10%, 0=100%
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

I should have mentioned that engine damage occurs at settings higher than 50%: at high revs on 70%, and medium+high revs at 100%. Following Remco's advice, I drive the out lap on 70%, then set the boost to 100% for the flying lap. Engine is killed after 1 lap, but then the tyres don't last longer than that anyway! :)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. John Stingu Licensed Driver

Sheeet, I didn't know that.

Now I basically have to learn to drive this car again. And then post a time.

I was indeed curious about your times, when I was doing a fairly decent lap and only 2.19.
  10. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Hmmm, seems Andreas wasn't the only one who didn't read the previous posts in the thread, then! :p
  11. John Stingu Licensed Driver

Yeah, only the first posts and the last :D
  12. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Been trying with all my heart, and still......end up facing the wrong way :D
  13. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Bloody hell, finally. Went 2 secs quicker (stuffed up the last corner) and my split times are showing again.

Oh PS - Split times now showing was actually my fault :oops:
  14. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

So the bear doesn't sh*t in the woods? :eek::D
  15. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

the Fun factor I personally felt for this combo was a big fat ZERO....sick of trying to run laps all by myself and then cursing and swearing like a mad man when this car behaved like a pig... I refuse to believe any car would behave or handle like this in real life.... then just for fun I tried out the same combo in the new so called "sim" in he market pCars , and that was even more hilarious!!! because I could smash the throttle and drift the car !! now how can anyone believe that that a 750bhp monster could behave like that is beyond me :D ... .. so my point is the real life version would be somewhere in the middle of these two extremes(childishly simple and insanely impossible) wouldn't it ? it has to be surely .... and no prizes for guessing where im at on the timing board , yea 5th !! &&** @#$$:mad::mad:
  16. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Not sure...ever want out to check :D

@ Niranjan, I have been feeling your pain ( as we met up earlier online) and sorry for picking such a pig :D I guess this was a step back from the Boat I launched the other week LOL
  17. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

So we have had a boat now a pig, sounds like a Chinese New Year Calendar
  18. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

More boats and pigs than FWD ... something went wrong somewhere..... :D
  19. Norman Bruce Licensed Driver

It's the Horse next;)
  20. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

its all getting very close in the championship !! .... 4th to 8th separated by just 10 points !!! .. I have clawed my way upto 6th....