RND 8 - Mercedes-Benz C9 @ Spa [26th May to 31st May]

Discussion in 'AC HLC Season 1 (finished)' started by Shaun Clarke, Apr 6, 2015.

1. John Stingu Licensed Driver

I believe that this car would be impossible to drive with certain settings. And if you have no wing and also a very unstable setup overall (built for speed) than that is going to be impossible.
    I have read a guide I found on setting up the car and it read something like this "Start with the wing at 0 and if the car doesn't behave the way you want it to, up that until it does".
  2. Kris Vickers Licensed Driver

I`m under the belief that cars in Sim Racing are aired towards being more difficult to drive than its real life counterpart to counteract the danger factor that is lacking in Sim Racing.

A friend of mine has spoken to someone who has raced the Corvette in both real-life and Iracing, and he says the Iracing version is so much harder to drive than his Corvette, it's unsettling!

It may not be true for all tracks/cars/sims etc. but there has to be some truth in it.
  3. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

I have defenetly not driven any race car ... but I can tel you one thing , the way cars handle in iRacing is quite terrible, its a sin that they make so much money of it ! unfortunately lost quite a bit of money there myself :( .. its the competition and organisation that keeps them going strong though ....
  4. John Stingu Licensed Driver

I have heard this opinion on several other occasions - from race drivers. Still, I have read a very interesting interview with a pilot saying that he felt that Formula Abarth and BMW 325i are very similar to real life in AC.
  5. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

6. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

I found that car also far away from controleable in AC. The rear oversteered just too suddently without any feel in my hands, like rfactor 1 from my point of view (quiete annoying :mad:) . Of course, if i had take the time to study the setup, i might had could find a set which allow me to drive in a normel way (it seemed anyway that not many had much motivation to invest time this round with this car). But to be honest, to do this just for a hotlap i wasn't motivated. So, i finally just drove my lap with 100% turbo, out of corners i switched to 70%, otherwise i had never completed a near ok lap with this car :D. To coordinate this on keyboard was not easy you can believe :rolleyes:, as i couldn't switch that keys to my wheel unfortunately. So i could not concentrate to do a fast lap, only a lap where i stayed more or less on the right line.

Next round i can only appear for a quick lap on friday, before and after i'm not available to race. So, damage limitation is announced. :)))
  7. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

You had better make sure it's a good one, there's only a 6 point gap between us, mate! :)
  8. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Ah, you start already with physiological warfare, to give me a bit extra pressure :D.
  9. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Psychological*, yes. There's no such thing as team mates in this competition. [IMG]

* physiological=physiologisch
    psychological=psychologisch
  10. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

Fizzylogical = Diet Coke ;)
  11. Dean Snell Licensed Driver

No problems. Nice vid.
  12. Remco Majoor Licensed Driver

fun fact: my girlfriend drove a 3:03 with 100% :D
  13. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Ah, but was she using SRP rules? o_O:p
  14. Remco Majoor Licensed Driver

yes, although she went backward over the finish line :D
  15. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

I think thats not allowed :D --> invalid lap :p.