RND 9 - Ferrari GT2 @ Imola [2nd June to 7th June]

Discussion in 'AC HLC Season 1 (finished)' started by Shaun Clarke, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

This thread is for info only, and will contain the results and leagues. If you have any problems, also post here or PM me
  2. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Hi All,

Right I am going to open discussion on this now, as I have been testing today. There is two clear corners that allow more than two wheels out of, what I would class as track limits. Rem did PM me about this circuit, but Kunos have obviously updated it since, as all the corners Rem mentioned, which is below, I cannot seem to cut, without throwing the car completely off line, or causing damage.

See attached, pictures from my reply. My pictures are Turn 10 and Turn 8

[IMG]

Screenshot_ferrari_458_gt2_imola_31-5-115-17-45-15.jpg Screenshot_ferrari_458_gt2_imola_31-5-115-17-44-40.jpg
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  3. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Time to throw it down....

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. John Stingu Licensed Driver

I really don't get these discussions about going 4 wheels over. It's not like only some of us can do it.
    Take for example F1. Before every race there is a discussion with all the pilots telling them that here you can go all 4 wheels off and here you can't.
    So if AC allows for 4 wheels out without penalty, than this is the way the game (track) is meant to be driven.

Still, it's good for everyone to know that there are these zones.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  5. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

Its not AC rules that we follow here at SRP, its SRP rules.

SRP rules are very precise..... There should be no need for these discussions, but some are exploiting the missed cut penalties, some are not.

In League mode, in a finished Sim, the rules can be applied after the fact by checking replays, at the moment this, although not impossible, is harder to do than is necessary, for what is still classed as just a fun event.

I am in no way suggesting that the quick laps put in by some drivers, are that much better than they would have been with at least 2 wheels on the track, as stated in SRP rules, but its not a thing people should get used to, for they will be in for a nasty surprise once AC gets in to serious league mode.

I will also add that these are my personal views and may not be fully supported by SRP admin. ;)
  6. Kris Vickers Licensed Driver

The only sure fire way of locking it down, is to have SRP specific surfaces.ini files that truly limit what you can lean on.

It would depend how badly people would want this to happen vs. people not wanting to have multiple versions of the same track or edited original tracks I guess . . .
  7. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

well at least il enjoy driving this car ....I say that now , but by Sunday probably il be tearing my hair out again ...... and I wonder why only one open wheeler was included in the whole of the championship !!! I think it should have been given a bit more importance :(
  8. Kris Vickers Licensed Driver

Open Wheelers = The Devil's Anus

Hate them lol
  9. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

well I love open wheelers :p and im the devil himself lol
  10. John Stingu Licensed Driver

I kindda like FF1 2015. Been doing some serious time on it.
  11. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

The question of track limits is always a contentious one. I agree that there should be open and frank discussion and that there should be some flexibility when it comes to applying the rules. First and foremost however, understanding the rules and agreeing to abide by them is paramount; when you apply for a license to race here you are asked to confirm that you have read and understood them. I get the feeling that some drivers either do NOT understand them, or have the impression that we use the same rules as RL racing. It's worth pointing out that our track limits rules are not exactly the same as RL: we don't insist on driving with 2 wheels inside the white line, because we consider the kerb as part of the track. See THIS POST for a detailed explanation, if you haven't read it already, please do so.

This hot lap competition is indeed meant to be fun, and being super strict with the track limits rules would take some of that fun out of it. Having said that, we would ask drivers to use common sense: if the sim allows a cut which clearly gains you time (and which would probably be punished in RL), don't be surprised if someone notices you exploiting it and reports your infraction to the organisers.
    With that in mind, we encourage all drivers to maintain professional standards as much as possible. Everyone should be able to have a good time, but not at the expense of someone else's fun, right? By keeping everything above board re the tracks' limitations for detecting cutting, the playing field is level for everyone.

No, I can't agree with that, John. As we have discovered, even Kunos-made tracks have flaws in the cut detection, and when we're talking about very small margins, it's not enough to blindly follow that. It's even more important to test tracks properly when they're third party; there could be serious inconsistencies.
    On this occasion, I would fully support your views. :)

We might have to resort to that for a highly competitive league, but for the HLC, we can rely on everyone's honesty, integrity and good sportsmanship...which everyone should have read and understood in the rules as well. :D
  12. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

I will just add this Niranjan, tougue in cheek....You called a Tin Top a "PIG" with Boost, how could you handle an open wheeler with boost :D

Also, when this was originally put together, there was very limited open wheelers, only Kunos cars. The F1 and others was not released.

There is always season 2 :D
  13. John Stingu Licensed Driver

That clarifies some of the thins Rob!
  14. Remco Majoor Licensed Driver

turn 10: you can win like half a second by cutting there. Pretty massive IMO.
  15. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

That's why I took the time to post my views. We should at least try to behave like good sportsmen, if we can't help but cheat, then we can't call ourselves "Pro". ;)
  16. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Totally agree Rob, but careful using that word "cheat" that's the devils word, and according to Niranjan, he is the devil, so what you saying HA HA HA:D

As mentioned above, we are only succumb to the track creators. These are the people that actually write the rules of track limits. We can do our best to bring these more in to line, but like Rob said, sometimes there has to be a Gentlemen's Agreement.

This Gentlemen's agreement is, that everybody knows the track limits, so no advantage gained by one person.

For me, end of discussion.

The boat has floated, the pig has played and now the Horse to Prance....GAME ON !!!!!
  17. Remco Majoor Licensed Driver

This whole discussion started because the SRP rules weren't very precise about what off-track rules they were using....

But that's all behind us, we all know which rules are being used, we all use the same.
  18. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

That's true, the HLC info post said "cut rules are set by the track". This should have been picked up before the first round started, and it should have been made clearer.
    Shaun isn't fully responsible however, I should have noticed that and thought about what it means in relation to the usual league rules we use.
  19. Kris Vickers Licensed Driver

I`m sure all the things learned through this first season will make for an even better HLC S2 ;)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Excellent points Rem and Rob. Let's say "we live and learn" and as this is our first AC successive event. Apart from some slight defaults and details, it has been immense fun (well I think so). Having organized a fair few events in my time ( with LFS ) this has been the best I have done. The laughs, the jokes, the comradery, people posting comments, it has been fantastic.

So this is HLC1, what's not to say HLC2 will be improved, of course it will, or a league series, you never know.

So for now, chaps, can we call this a closure, and may the best Horse Win !!!! :D