RND 9 - Ferrari GT2 @ Imola [2nd June to 7th June]

Discussion in 'AC HLC Season 1 (finished)' started by Shaun Clarke, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Now to unleash my new horse :)
  2. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Well, I must say it's nice to be back "in the saddle" in a normal car again! :p

Imola always seems to make the steering and brakes feel really sensitive on every car for me...need to recalibrate my controls to make it feel right. Anyway, my top tip for this combo is to run the car a little way above the usual ride height you might choose for great speed. It's much easier to ride the kerbs (combined with the right suspension settings). Thanks to Tony Matthews for that suggestion.

My setup isn't very good yet, but I'll upload one if I get to a decent balance. :cool:
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

this Ferrari has been my 3rd favourite car in the series next to the tatuus and X-Bow .... and ofcourse I like Imola , as it is fast and flowing....I seem to be loosing time in the final sector , I need to figure out why ..
  4. John Stingu Licensed Driver

I am loosing time everywhere. Need a better setup.
  5. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Well I have a stable fast set up, the ass is locked to the tarmac but got the speed...Sorry chaps, I am working in Wales at the moment :D
  6. Rob Taplin Licensed Driver

Having a blast with this car, and a bit more time to get up to speed. Think ive done around 20 laps or so which is nice. Didn't change the ride height or camber, but changed something else (or two) and it glides over the kerbs ;)
  7. James Skinner Licensed Driver

No time to run this week, shame as I liked this combo when I tried it out originally...
  8. Dean Snell Licensed Driver

Congrats to the winners and all.. A stable car this time although it liked to fly when you hit the kerb wrong ;). Enjoyed it though.
    Had a quick run with the next combo and we have another Alfa "BOAT" this is as bad as the last Alfa. Good Luck we will need it :D
  9. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

I did enjoy driving the 458, but I never did find a particularly stable setup. The setup I did have was very sensitive to steering a bit too much and losing the rear. The secret? There was no secret; once again, just pounding around lap after lap was the way to learn how to get fast. Very satisfied with getting the fastest time of course, but I'm more focussed on the GAP between Andreas Löffler and myself; I've managed the cut my points deficit in half! :D

Congratulations to Niranjan Kumar, Rob Taplin, Neil Rocks and John Stingu, who all achieved their highest position in any round so far. :cool:

Looking forward to "punting" the next car around Nürburgring, it's one of my favourite tracks, even in its shortened configuration. Andreas will have the home advantage, but us Flatlanders are no strangers to this place...we might need some divine intervention to settle this one come the end of round 12, however. :p

[IMG]

10. John Stingu Licensed Driver

Yeah, inside 2 seconds from the leader is not too bad for now, tho I felt at times that I could do better.

Also, feels like such a shame not to race with the combo after so much training.
  11. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Haha! I've felt that for just about every round...mainly because I've done :eek: 1272 laps so far, that's over 140 laps per round on average! :oops:
    It's coming though John, a full AC series is on the horizon. ;)
  12. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

yes , I finished one place higher than my usual position , in 3rd place.... my first podium in this event ..im happy with that and was also happy with the car-track combo ....

my championship timeline is - Round 2 , Brands hatch with the Tatuus -17th in the championship , Round 9 , Imola, Ferrari GT2 - 5th in championship

just a single point behind 4th place now ..... maybe 4th place is the best I can expect after missing the first round ?? it seems to be so, lets see how this goes....
  13. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Yes, a meteoric rise, my friend :)

Assuming the top 4 guys continue to post a time in the remaining rounds, yes you're probably right. We did toy with the idea of introducing a dropped score, but we decided it's not good to change the rules mid-season...perhaps the next one.
  14. Remco Majoor Licensed Driver

Great time Rob. Didn't really get a lot of laps in again, but I'll make sure that next season of this I will be challenging you for the championship ;)
  15. Kris Vickers Licensed Driver

I think if you can manage to turn up every round, you got it in the bag.

Which is why we`ve decided to ban you, or at the very least, apply a 5 second penalty at every event lol

Bloody aliens . . . .
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

I used to complain about people who were faster than I was...until I began to understand that it's just practice, practice, practice. Sounds obvious, but it's true. Having some guidance helps a lot as well, but really it's just down to how much time you can put in on the track.
    Besides, the guys who are "aliens" in one community are backmarkers elsewhere, believe you me. :)
  17. Rob Taplin Licensed Driver

Really enjoyed that round. Although Rob H claims there is no secret, I did find lowering fast bump values rather than raising ride heights made a major difference to how it rode kerbs. A mix of that and just being able to "click" with this track proabbaly did it