RND7 - Lotus2 Eleven @ Barbagallo [19th May to 24th May]

Discussion in 'AC HLC Season 1 (finished)' started by Shaun Clarke, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Kris Vickers Licensed Driver

The Ginetta is a joy to drive, perhaps too easy.
  2. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Can we try your rigging setup then, Remco? :D
  3. Remco Majoor Licensed Driver

sure, I'll post it when I'm at home.
  4. Remco Majoor Licensed Driver

here are all my settings, since this forum doesnt support .ini

Code:

[FF_FEEDBACK]
    VALUE=100
    [FF_DAMPER]
    VALUE=100

[TYRES]
    VALUE=0
    [PRESSURE_LF]
    VALUE=23

[PRESSURE_RF]
    VALUE=23

[PRESSURE_LR]
    VALUE=24

[PRESSURE_RR]
    VALUE=24

[FUEL]
    VALUE=5

[CAMBER_LF]
    VALUE=-26

[TOE_OUT_LF]
    VALUE=12

[CAMBER_RF]
    VALUE=-26

[TOE_OUT_RF]
    VALUE=12

[CAMBER_LR]
    VALUE=-19

[TOE_OUT_LR]
    VALUE=21

[CAMBER_RR]
    VALUE=-19

[TOE_OUT_RR]
    VALUE=21

[DAMP_BUMP_LF]
    VALUE=11

[DAMP_REBOUND_LF]
    VALUE=52

[DAMP_BUMP_RF]
    VALUE=11

[DAMP_REBOUND_RF]
    VALUE=52

[DAMP_BUMP_LR]
    VALUE=12

[DAMP_REBOUND_LR]
    VALUE=50

[DAMP_BUMP_RR]
    VALUE=12

[DAMP_REBOUND_RR]
    VALUE=50

[ARB_FRONT]
    VALUE=2

[ROD_LENGTH_LF]
    VALUE=7

[ROD_LENGTH_RF]
    VALUE=7

[ROD_LENGTH_LR]
    VALUE=9

[ROD_LENGTH_RR]
    VALUE=9

[WING_2]
    VALUE=2

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

thank you for that Remco.... don't have time for setup work, or even much laps his week ... so this will come in useful !...will have a go later on hopefully...
  6. Kris Vickers Licensed Driver

Keep scrolling down, past the [WING_2] value and you find . . .

[ALIEN]
    SUPER_GRIP=150%
  7. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Oh how the wind changes PMSL.........

Niranjan said

He now says
    I chuckle to ones self :D
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  8. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

hehehhe .....in life things don't always turnout how you expect them to do they ..... :D
  9. James Skinner Licensed Driver

This one is difficult! As we're on it this week, here's an interesting post I found on the 2 eleven over at Pistonheads:

I must admit that I've not tried the 2-Eleven GT4. However, I do own a standard 2-Eleven so have compared that real life car with the Assetto Corsa version on many occasions and even on the same tracks. Performance wise, it's very close, the only difference being the aerodynamics - in real life the fact that it's an open car means it runs into an aerodynamic brick wall at speed, so you rocket up to about 125-130mph, but then struggle thereafter, like a Caterham, but AC doesn't account for this and you just continue accelerating as you would in an Exige or similar. The other thing is that the tyre model in AC doesn't model overheating tyres quite like real life - in the real car, even with very gentle driving (and I've been told I'm easy on tyres!), on a summer's day you've got about 15 minutes on track before the rear tyres start to squirm around. Plus of course, as with all cars in AC, you don't get fuel starvation at low fuel loads. I also have an inkling the way that Kunos measure the height of the CofG and the way it acts on the suspension is slightly off; with all modern Lotuses you get a building rear mass sensation when they're sliding which is very close in AC, but not quite there - the real cars are more sudden in starting to slide and harder to catch. Other than those two things though, the actual handling and performance is very similar indeed, although for the 2-Eleven I think Kunos have modelled the track only version for AC, whereas in the UK you could buy an SVA road version, which is what I've got, which has a smaller front splitter and a fixed rear wing (so I drop the rear wing in AC to mimick my road going version).
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

finally put some laps in ...and ..ugggg...truly horrible crap car....I know you have heard this before and are sick of hearing it , but im going to say it anyway - it exposes ACs lack of ffb and feel... I hate to drive a car by the trial and error method , I like to feeeeel whats goin on damn it :mad:
  11. Remco Majoor Licensed Driver

I don't seem to have this problem. I can pretty much feel everything this car does (it's just that it only does horrible things)
  12. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

what wheel do you use ?? the ffb in AC is simply not as detailed as rF2 ....
  13. Remco Majoor Licensed Driver

G27

Funny that you say that btw, because I might not even be talking about detail. I'm talking about the feel itself. When I play AC it feels like I am hitting the ground with rubber. When I play rF2 I get a little bit of that 'floaty' feeling and I can't really place the car where I want to at some times. I guess this is personal preference though...
  14. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Niranjan, what do you mean "not as detailed". In AC, I feel everything, curbs, a$$ loosing it, correction detection, the road, under/overstear, and more often, the grass and gravel :D
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

well what I am trying to say is..... lets say when you trying to push the limit of tire grip going through the corner you need to know where the limit lies .... what you feel before or after traction loss really doesn't matter ... but the most important time that you need ffb is at the very edge , at the limit of adhesion ... so more stages of grip you can feel before traction loss the more "detailed" the FFB is .... :p ...
  16. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

Your lucky, I am constantly changing FFB settings for every car.
  17. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

That's the idea, as every car is different :) I mean IRL you would not get in a Ford Focus and then get in a Ferrari, and expect them to handle to same....oh bad example as FWD and RWD, on lets says a BMW M3 and a Audi R8 :)
  18. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

I agree they are all different, but that's the job of the developers, the mods should "be" different and "feel" different, having to change wheel settings for each mod is pointless, the "Feel" is why its a "Sim" that's what we pay our money for, FFB strength in game should need a tweak here and there to make allowance for the differing weight of cars, but I need to search around for details every time with AC supplied mods.

What I expect is what I get from 3rd party and community supplied mods, I can switch form Ginetta to Primera and then the Seat, without touching a thing and they all feel "different" and "correct". Most AC mods just dont.

If anyone feels they have a perfect or even close to perfect setup for the Thrustmaster TX300, feel free to enlighten me ... I've tried hundreds with no consistency when switching cars.
  19. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

G27 here mate, so I doubt my settings will help at all
  20. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

the top gets higher, the more that I climb... the spot gets smaller , and I keep getting bigger... there seems to be an unwritten law that Niranjan has to finish 4th or 5th ......I guess you can say im consistent,...the event hasn't ended yet though so maybe lower ..... anyway , as frustrating as hotlapping can be, It can also be educational...you always learn something new either about your driving or setup or just a little something .....ended up with 01:01.371... 7 hundreds behind Andreas .... well thanks for the events and grats to the winner !! :)