RND7 - Lotus2 Eleven @ Barbagallo [19th May to 24th May]

Discussion in 'AC HLC Season 1 (finished)' started by Shaun Clarke, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Thats seven thousends Niranjan :p.
  2. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

But strange that i loose practical all of my backlog in last sector, in one straight and one corner :rolleyes:.
  3. Andy Riches Licensed Driver

thats why i gave up, i saw some (not naming names) being creative at the final corner, going left of the curb. i refuse to do this so i decided to write this week off.
  4. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

It has been noticed that it's possible to exploit the lack of cut detection...too late, unfortunately. When this happens, drivers need to notify the organisers so that it can be nipped in the bud.
  5. Neil Rocks Licensed Driver

I saw some of that 'creative' cornering as well, though I just assumed they'd messed up the lap and were trying to avoid the curb. It is a bit of a beastly curb, doesn't do anything good for the start of your next lap if you hit it.
  6. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

hmmm is that fair ?? :/ ... I was wondering what the secret was ... :eek: ... will anything be done about that ?
  7. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Not really Niranjan, as I only found out about this last night, and tested it myself....didn't make me any quicker, although I did bork the lap on purpose, but offline I tried it, and still no, didn't gain anything from it.

I can only agree with what said, to late now, and if people find things like this, then it needs to be addressed. I am going to test the other's offline this week (only 2 that are not Kudos, and one I know is fine for sure, Thruxton)
  8. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

If you didn't manage to gain an advantage Shaun, it's because you didn't learn how to properly exploit that cheat!

I tried it ONCE when I had set a time which was 2s slower than my best. Didn't see much gain on the out lap, but then on my first flying lap I was about 0.1s DOWN on my time before I reached "Cheater's Corner", and managed to be UP on my time by 0.35s when I got to the line.

Bottom line is that we can't do anything about it for this round. We ask that all drivers report such infractions ASAP, so that we can do something about it if it happens again. We don't want to resort to asking the top guys to supply their replays just to prove to everyone that their time is legitimate, but if it comes to that, we will.
  9. Remco Majoor Licensed Driver

It took about 2 tenths max off of my time. I pretty much found out about it day 1. Since the rules allowed it, I expected everyone to do it. In the end only few did it and following the reactions I don't mind being given a penalty. I will also notify about such things in following events.

My apologies.
  10. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

11. Remco Majoor Licensed Driver

http://www.simracingpro.com/threads/ac-hot-lap-challenge-info.3507/

Nowhere is there given a link or even a mention of those cutting rules (or I must be blind and have missed it somewhere). I'm sorry if this is a misunderstanding from my part.
  12. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

[IMG]
    You found a loophole, congrats. But to me it's obvious that this is not the normal way to do it. And as you knew it already from beginning it would has been great to give us an hint about it or ask if that is really allowed. Then we might had still react on it as this track issue wasn't known by us so far.
  13. Remco Majoor Licensed Driver

For you it may be, but I come from parts where it is pretty normal. But I've seen the reactions on this matter now and as I said, I will notify about such matters in the future.
  14. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

you seemed to have "notified" it to your friends though ... all 3 new comers seems to have exploited it.... and Shaun one of the times do not have split times recorded , will that time stand ?
  15. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

OK guys, just to clear a few things up here.

1) Cutting rules. Cutting is obviously no allowed here, but, and this is the but, the rules are set by the track and the track designer. They code in the .kn5 file when the track is created the track limits, therefore, no matter what we put in place, if the track allows it, we have to say this is inside track limits, and with the corner we are all talking about, I take it the last corner, with the rather large curb. You are entering the pit lane, but then change your mind, how can track penalties be in place in the pit entrance. Its a design fault of the circuit.

It's not pTracker reporting the circuits penalties, its AC. If AC reports an Invalid Lap, then sTracker and pTracker will pick this up and report the same and visa versa.

Like I said before, I haven't tested "every track and every config" I picked ones that:
    a) Look fun
    b) Will be challenging
    c) Good for some and bad for some
    d) Mix it up, a break from the norm

If I wanted, I could of designed a HLC just around cars I like, and as you have seen, I haven't :D

2) A Gentlemens Rule - If you do find a flaw somewhere in the circuit, please notify either myself / Rob H or Kris V by PM if you wish. It will then be down to us to make a decision on what to do.

3) Thank you Remco, for saying you would take a penalty, but on this occasion, lets call it You have Exceeded Track Limits Warning, and we will leave it there, see point 2 :)

4) There is one person that hasn't set a "split time" but he advised us this from day one, when he joined, and I had to have discussions with the Dev. I have sent him the fix, but he hasn't had time to do what is required, and put in another lap. There was him and Damian, and I told them, for this round only, they could keep their time, as I said, they advised myself and Rob H.

I hope this clears things up, but if anybody has any questions, please fire them my way

Thanks Chaps

Shaun
  16. Remco Majoor Licensed Driver

Funny enough I didn't. I just drive at the same moments they do usually. And them knowing me, usually ends up them spectating me for a lap or 2 to look at my lines. They already had my setup, since I share them with pretty much everyone, so that pretty much gives them the times they have here.

But as I said, if I find such a thing again, I will notify the admins about it.