[Sep 20th, 2014] SRP PMSC S2 - Round 5 (Oran Park)

Discussion in 'PMSC Season 2 (finished)' started by Andreas Löffler, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

05_OranPark_Loading.png

Sprint event:

Training: 25min [21:00 CET = 19:00 GMT]
    Qualifying: 10 min (Hotlap modus) [21:25 CET = 19:25 GMT]
    Warm Up: 10 min [21:35 CET = 19:35 GMT]

Race 1 – standing start: ca. 25min [21:45 CET = 19:45 GMT]
    ↑ NO pit stop required ↑
    Race 2* – standing start: ca. 25min (with P1-P10 in reverse order) [22:20 CET = 20:20 GMT]
    * ONE pit stop is mandatory with at least two wheels changed. ↑

tyre wear multiplier = x1
    fuel usage multiplier = x2

Oran Park.jpg

last season podium:
    track not used

Server name: simracingpro.com PMSC - server ONLINE
    server IP: 81.137.172.10:34299

Track: Oran Park

Server password: Passwords
    Racing rules: Rules & regulations

LIVE TIMING: www.simracingpro.com/forum/index.php?pages/Livetiming/ (click PMSC on the left)

Time till event: click me
  2. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

entry list R5:

entry list R5a.jpg
  3. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

4. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

5. Marius Nicolae Licensed Driver

:( wtf ...i was think the race will start one hour later :(
  6. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

That's how I roll.

Get pole, with a not so good lap(Superpole has this effect), monster start creating 3-4 car length on the straight. Turn 1 = Gravel = Another driver in gravel = Rear puncture = Pee'd off = Quit race = Game Over ! :mad: :D
  7. Roy Magnes Licensed Driver

Well, s****... I was away on an autocross-event today, the slowest I've ever seen. Usually we get 2 rounds done in the time it took to complete 1 today, and we had 3 heats to run... Result=missed race, again :( Sorry!
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Marius Nicolae Licensed Driver

no points for me tonight :( , missing first race just because i was at clo ( thinking i still have one hour until the start ) and second race ....one guy have lose his car in front of me ( some damage , but can drive ) and i don't was expected like Andreas to pit in second lap and he was brake and i was on full gas ...and bad damage , trying to get the car in the pit ...losing my right front wheel and miss the stop in pit ...and can't drive like that another lap :( . i'm really dissapointed .
    Sorry Andreas
  9. Mateusz Bogusz Licensed Driver

Congratulations. I've got stop&go penalty while driving on the limiter, and after that I couldn't repair to even try to finish the race.
  10. Joshua Anderson Licensed Driver

Wow, what a night! :D

Q was average, and R1 I got a stop/go for going wide o_O Less said about that one the better I think.

R2 though... wow, that race! The carnage at the start helped :p I just held on after that, made my stop and ended 7th! :D REALLY looking forward to my next race at Montreal now. :)
  11. Geoffrey Fournier Licensed Driver

Over 200laps practise to get ready for my 1st porsche races.
    Qualy: We all were slow because of cold tyres. And i made 6th which is quite ok.
    Race1: Brilliant start from Matt Richards, i was doing careful and loose some place. I had interesting battle with Loffler & Hermans (sorry if i made mistakes, the feeling isn't as good yet). With the mistakes i made a good race and finish 5 or 6 ;)
    Race2: Careful start again, after some fights interesting with Vinicius all the race, i was 3rd when i made my pitstop. I kept this place all the end of the race but Vinicius was attacking and flashlights me haha. It was big stress for me but i finish 3rd !! Yeah podium!! Champaign !!! Youhou

Interesting evening on a hard track, see ya in Mount Panorama <3
  12. Huseyin Karademir Licensed Driver

Great race for my side
    I enjoyed first race battle with Andreas. He was much faster than me at quali and race but had a good race.
    Race 2 : Small braking mistake cost me 3th position and 13 sec longer pitstop .Finished 5 not bad
    Vinicius I guess you should use your headlight when front driver is under blue flag. Confuse me and make me do wrong braking thinking something happening in front :)
  13. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Crazy event :rolleyes:.

First race I did a lot of mistakes and had to overtake Huseyin 3 times I think, but very good racing :). Second race I didn't understand. I went to pit, being full on pit lane and get crashed from behind, a bit more attention please! After that race was ruined, shame. Racing was good, liked how everyone did their best first lap to have no unnecessary incident. That worked pretty good this race. So, with the races we did so far, we got better and better - that's nice to see.

Only one thing Y still don't like is how slovenly the league is taken from some drivers. I'm the meaning to gave all informations out: Date, Time, Track, Format but a few have still a lot problems. Every event the same questions: Which radiator?, how much fuel?, when start qualy? That's quite annoying to be honest because I'm the meaning if you just be a bit interested in this league you did a session before to find out all these things.
    But my feeling is many take this league just to get not boring Saturday evening. And if anything other is coming up, they are away. If I join a league, I make sure to be there at the races. I have the feeling some only join because they might have nothing better to do at this time. It's by the way in the regulations that you just join the league, if you can attend at most of the races. And I assume everybody read the league regulations. But every event I get proof that a few drivers don't give a dreck on it. I'm thankful to every sign up, but if it turns out like this season, then it's a bit demotivating for me as organiser to be honest. I like it more to have 15 sign up's who are there every race, then 30 where always the half is missing. And most I'm angry about absences without notification. Last race 11, this one 5! If you can't race, then at least make an absence report or sign out of the league, that's the minimum.
    Leagues must take more serious then fun events. Joining also implements tasks. Try all to let the dates free that you can race, be prepared for the races (track knowledge, fuel, setup etc.) and give us information if you can't race. That's not much in my opinion and self-evident from my view to have nice races and a good community.

I'm looking forward to next event, hope you too.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  14. Shane Burke Licensed Driver

the driving standard from earlier rounds drove a lot of people away which is why the grids are small. with the standards being low I'v now gone from taking this championship serious to some fun but still going for decent results. i ain't practicing to be only punted off in T2 on Lap 1. Not wasting time and i think a lot of people are thinking the same way.
  15. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

I won't repeat myself yet again re the poor turnout, just this: everyone please read what Andreas has posted above and have a bit of respect.

Good event overall, just a small amount of self-kicking required after squandering P3 to finish P7 in race 1. :rolleyes:

Q: P7, and that's pretty much my usual place on the grid, and not too bad considering the old blocks of ice pretending to be tyres!

R1: After a careful start, I couldn't avoid one of the SimTech cars in T1 when he slowed suddenly, having made contact with the car in front of him...(can you tell I haven't watched the replay yet? :)) The damage to my splitter made the car understeer horribly, but I still had a really nice battle with Geoffrey. Man, you're hard to pass mon ami, it was a long time before I got an opportunity! When I did eventually get in front, I managed to get beached on the T1 kerb...:oops::( Not your fault at all, Geoffrey. Sorry if I caused any further incidents. It took me nearly 1min to get going again, losing almost a whole lap, and very close to :eek: boiling the engine. Glad I didn't give up, as P7 is quite good points.

R2: Started P4 on the (correctly!) reversed grid, got a great start and was fighting for the lead with Shane from the beginning. I just tried to keep up to give myself the best chance to get ahead in the pit stop phase. There was no threat from behind, which made it easier to pick the right time to enter the pits. Stopped at the end of L12 as planned, changed only the front tyres, and after everyone else had stopped, I found myself in the lead! Full-on concentration mode from that point on, taking myself WAY too seriously...:D
    Victory, with the Aussie half of the garage (Warren's mates) celebrating a home win for the team, AND ANOTHER home race at the next round...priceless. :cool:

Provisional results are posted here:

www.simracingpro.com/forum/index.php?threads/results.2627/#post-41614
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  16. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

Nice, get in there Rob. Just noticed your win! :)
  17. Warren Schembri Licensed Driver

Not much to say from my side on the races.

They didn't go too bad but damaged the car on the first lap of both races forcing me to pit for repairs. After that, it was pretty much a case of hotlapping. Also had an overtaking car decide to wipe me out as I was giving him space to pass me by just before the end of race 1.

Well done to Rob for winning race 2!!! Nice to have something to celebrate on the home track :)
  18. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Cheers teamie! :)
    You should report this to Andreas and myself, especially if your race was compromised. ;)