[Sep 6th, 2014] SRP PMSC S2 - Round 4 (St. Petersburg)

Discussion in 'PMSC Season 2 (finished)' started by Andreas Löffler, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

04_StPete_Loading.png

Sprint event:

Training: 25min [21:00 CET = 19:00 GMT]
    Qualifying: 10 min (Hotlap modus) [21:25 CET = 19:25 GMT]
    Warm Up: 10 min [21:35 CET = 19:35 GMT]

Race 1 – standing start: ca. 25min [21:45 CET = 19:45 GMT]
    ↑ NO pit stop required ↑
    Race 2* – standing start: ca. 25min (with P1-P10 in reverse order) [22:20 CET = 20:20 GMT]
    * ONE pit stop is mandatory with at least two wheels changed. ↑

tyre wear multiplier = x1
    fuel usage multiplier = x2

St Petersburg 1.JPG

last season podium:
    track not used

Server name: simracingpro.com PMSC - server ONLINE
    server IP: 81.137.172.10:34299

Track: St. Petersburg

Server password: Passwords
    Racing rules: Rules & regulations

LIVE TIMING: www.simracingpro.com/forum/index.php?pages/Livetiming/ (click PMSC on the left)

Time till event: click me
  2. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

entry list R4:

entry list R5.jpg
  3. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

Time to learn the track. Lets go! (Rob) ;)
  4. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

I'd love to be able to get on track right now, but unfortunately I need to be available today. :(
    It's a nice change to get on a tight and bumpy street track, and although the setup restriction makes it quite hard to make the car compliant, it's the same for everyone. Certainly not "undrivable" (Wayne!) :cool:
  5. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

DAYYYUUMM!! I did not know it was a street race!! Gona find it hard to get off now! :)

EDIT: The track is defo a bit grippy here and not so grippy there, I thought. I don't mean loss of traction cause of bumps. I mean real grip. But hey, deal with it. ;)

I like it to be fair and will probably end up loving it, only done 20 odd laps atm....To be continued! ^
  6. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

For those who have not yet had the pressure...I mean pleasure:

Indycars are only about 5s per lap faster around here, and this excellent helmet cam footage and gives a good idea of the layout of the track.
  7. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

That helmet cam is ridiculous! FML....Wow! :)

What a track this is!
  8. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

fyi: 22 laps both races
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

Restart server please. I've got an awol driver. Ta.
  10. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

What do you mean by "awol driver", Chris?
  11. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

I guess a driver who isn't at computer atm, so that he can't restart session.
  12. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Yes I get it now. :oops: They got it sorted before I could deal with it! Patience... :D
  13. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

He was only ten minutes but to be fair that's a bloody long time when your sitting in your chair, wheel in hands with headset on, staring at the monitor waiting for something to happen. Felt like an hour! :p
  14. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

I'm very sorry for the problems we had second race with the grid, but once more i'm sorry for the many many drivers who just didn't show up without any notice before. I couldn't really concentrate on racing with all this circumstances. I'm quite disappointed how the league is develop with this less committed drivers. 11 no show up isn't acceptable to me. This loss is that heavily, i never expect that to be honest.
    And at the moment i'm unsure how to deal with it, it's distracting/ confusing me.
  15. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

Yeah, I was quite shocked at the turn-out to be honest. Just 6 people finishing race 2 illustrates how bad a turn out it was. :(

I don't get it. These cars are fantastic to drive and deserve full grids every race. It would be awesome. ;)

Never-the-less.....A short race report.

Q - Pole 1:09.8** (Clear by half a second. a good lap for cold tyres I thought.)

Race 1 - Win (Lights to finish) - Although Mateusz was very strong once the tyres were fully up to tempterature, I seemed to have a small edge on cold tyres then after lap 6 or so, my car felt great to me and tyres were of course okay still, I just did not have them running at the optimal setting, because I don't know what is. :confused: Mateusz reeled me in 0.200 - 0.300 per lap. He followed me round for the last 4 or 5 laps having a look now and then but nothing too strong. I just placed my car carefully a brought it home.

Race2 - DNF - Was in 2nd place, easily staying on Mateusz' bumper but as soon as the tyres warmed up around lap 5 - 6, Mateusz slowly pulled that gap of 0.200-0.300 per lap. I then lost concentration and smashed the foook out of my car, early on.

Thats 3 races I've ruined podium finishes. A win, a 2nd & a 3rd. Add that onto my 2 wins.....Ah well, next season perhaps. (Thats if people turn up to drive. :rolleyes:)

Thanks Andreas and participants. See you next race. :)
  16. Ghovand Keanie Licensed Driver

well turned out to be yet again dissapointing for me, because of severe damage i had, in race1 and race2, otherwise i think i could have challenged mateusz for race2 win :(. one thing i will always remember tho was my incredible start.. in race 2. well i think that's it for the championship. maybe next season :p if there's like Chris said many more participants.
  17. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Indeed, it's unbelievable that more than 10 drivers who signed up simply didn't turn up for this event. Several drivers at least had the courtesy to announce their absence. I think some of the participants don't have a clue what goes into organising a league and treat the events as casual "nothing else to do, might decide to race"...pfff...that lack of respect will bite them if they ever decide to sign up to another league.

Q: P3, nice to get a decent lap on such a short track. Need at least 2-3 laps to get enough heat in the tyres, and with "superpole" type qualifying, you never get to ideal tyre temps. 1:10.6xx equalled my PB on those blocks of ice which dare to call themselves tyres! :D

R1: Got a good start, but being on the outside of T1, decided to avoid getting in the way of the faster guys, and dropped back a few places. Started settling down to a rhythm when the tyres warmed up, let Andreas past, only for him to :eek: crash right in front of me a few laps later! Unsuccessful repair, finished P5 a lot further back than I should have been, but a finish nonetheless. :)

R2: Editing the grid was giving all sorts of trouble, big apologies for that. We should have done another qualifying to make it fair, but we were already running a bit late, so we just went with a pretty random grid order. :(
    After a few DNFs in front of me, I managed to finish P2...I should have been closer to Mateusz at the end, and I would have been if I hadn't accidently cancelled the pit limiter when pulling away from the box. I was right behind Mateusz when he emerged from the pits! He must have had some sort of problem as well, because he was further ahead earlier? I served my drive-through and emerged from the pits without losing position, but only a few seconds ahead of Marius. Had to drive accurately and fast to keep the 4-5s gap, and I did that.
    Apart from the error in the pit lane, quite pleased with my performance. Looking forward to Oran Park, which is such a good track (LASER scanned, and you must drive it if you haven't done so yet!) :)

Provisional results are posted:

www.simracingpro.com/forum/index.php?threads/results.2627/#post-41252

:cool:
  18. Huseyin Karademir Licensed Driver

Pushed hard to make this race.Track was great to drive.
    Good start on race1.First lap loose position but pick up latter had a good battle.
    Race 2 started laggy for me.I saw that you guys already started race but on my screen was no time counting before race.so that why I started from pit line.I was thinking to not doing pit then I can pick some time from lag start,but I changed my mind will not be fair because I already was on p1 and tires were good.Will be great to see more people in race but in this track even we are 20 I believe finisher will be less anyway :))
  19. Shane Burke Licensed Driver

sorry couldnt race, moved house and internet etc all didn't work -_- ... ill be around for the remainder of the year ( waiting for bad luck to strike again )
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List