[Sep 6th, 2015] SRP PMSC S3 - Pre Season R6 (COTA)

Discussion in 'PMSC S3 Calendar' started by Andreas Löffler, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

2. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Entry list R6:
    1. Adrian Brezeanu
    2. Kevin Ledoux
    3. Risto Kappet
    4. Nicolas Béver
    5. ...
    Reserves:
    - Andreas Löffler
    - Daniel Bernasconi
    - Niranjan Kumar
  3. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

post reserved for results
  4. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

In case you can't download the server mod file in game, here for manually installation.

Attached Files:

5. Kévin Ledoux Licensed Driver

Sign me up Andreas
  6. Daniel Bernasconi Licensed Driver

Please set me on a reserve place. I'm going to Monza tomorrow for the F1 GP and I dont know, when we are at home Sunday evening. Thanks!
  7. Risto Kappet Licensed Driver

8. Risto Kappet Licensed Driver

Also comments about the new car version: its great!
    Some people say its undrivable with more front grip or whatnot, but its very good.
    Before on long sweeping corners, the front tyres would melt whenever you try to drive on the limit,
    but now, on a balanced setup (sure, you need a few clicks different than the last versions setups), the load is spread evenly, even a bit more to the rear tyres like you would expect from a porsche.
    Now i can push the car realistically gently as you have to in RF2, and achive equal tyre wear. Very good for long races like this and everything ingeneral, so come drive everyone!
    I really hope we can get 20 or more drivers for the championship, me and Walk are trying our best to make this as attractive as possible, so I hope all of you are bringing yourselves and others too ;)
  9. Nicolas Béver Licensed Driver

10. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Server is ONLINE for everybody to test :))).
  11. Adrian Brezeanu Licensed Driver

All working ok, new car , new track, custom skin loaded succefully :)
    But i got a strange problem :( the whole screen in flickering at 2-3 seconds but FPS is ok, still it blinks at every 2-3 seconds
    Any ideeas why ?
    Thanks
  12. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Prime suspect would be graphics drivers. Have you only seen this now for the first time, have you seen it on this build before?
    Have you recently updated anything other than rF2? Upgraded to Windows 10? Updated graphics drivers, or added some new hardware? Have you checked the connections from the graphics card to the monitor? Do you have a spare monitor to test with?
    Are you using any third party plugins like Trackmap? I believe there's a setting in the config file for flickering?
  13. Adrian Brezeanu Licensed Driver

never before, actually there was at laguna seca but in 2-3 laps it was gone
    windows 7
    been fighting for 2 days with mallware rootkit but cleaned all up
    connections all ok
    and yes i use Trackmap
    :)
  14. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Ok, some possibilities eliminated! It could be this new 998 build... but first you should test if the flickering still happens if you don't use any 3rd party plugins. Remove any non-stock plugins from the Bin32\plugins and Bin64\plugins folders (and from ...rFactor2\Plugins if you have any in there) and do some laps.

Also, do you know about clearing out the ...\rFactor2\UserData\Log\CBash folder when you do an update? I clear out the ...\rFactor2\UserData\Log\Shaders folder as well, especially if I update graphics drivers.
    Consider reverting to an older graphics driver, as they are often released to improve performance on some other title, not rF2. :rolleyes:

If you still get flickering, try a fresh install using the Lite installer. After that, I'm out of ideas.
  15. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

I think 5 drivers are too less for 90 minute race. I'm not at home during the day and i'm uncertain to spend the rest of the sunday with simracing. Shame, the community have not much interest in this pre races.
  16. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

put me up as a reserve please...
  17. Adrian Brezeanu Licensed Driver

Ok Rob it is kind of silly but i found the solution that stopped the flikering and still use 3rd party plugins :
    As you know to see in game FPS you press CTRL+F, well flickering gone while FPS is displayed :eek:
    Problem solved :D
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. Risto Kappet Licensed Driver

Unfortunatley sign me out then, since most likely the event cant go on, then I already took on other plans
  19. Nicolas Béver Licensed Driver

Well well well... Only 4 drivers for tonight and 3 reserves.
    As risto I sign out too.
    90 min race at 4-5 cars is not interesting.

I hope that this season will start with more interest from all drivers.
    If we start at 15 drivers we will finish at 7 :-/

It's a shame because this league looks good.
    Drivers that have signed up are pretty quick.
    Race format is interesting, the car / mods too.

I don't understand why we are not more than that :-(
  20. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

I'm not behind the wheel tonight, who wants, the server is online. Next we come int the official test races, then we will know who's still onboard. I can just say to all: try to invite friendly drivers, post your plans to drive the league anywhere and maybe now, shorter bfefore beginining we get some more to join.