SRP Mini Challenge S2: General Discussion

Discussion in 'SRPMC Season 2 (finished)' started by Aaron Channer, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

Blimey, that cheap?! Okay mate, send me your Paypal details please and I will transfer the funds this instance!
  2. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

I can do that for you, Chris. But I wouldn't want payment...certainly not in advance. If you take delivery of your new race car(s) and you love it (them) so much that you feel you must contribute something, save your cash for when we get the donations running again. :)

I'll start a convo with you so we don't fill up the thread with our O-Sport related ramblings! :D
  3. Dariusz Swiderski Licensed Driver

I think i will join you guys, maybe even for the upcoming round on sunday. Still need to buy the game :rolleyes:
  4. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

It would be great if you could, Dariusz. :) If you do decide to join, there are a couple of things to be aware of:
    • We're running a modded. rfm file, download that HERE.
    • Every driver must run a custom skin. If you don't have one, you can use one of the stock liveries, and I will create a folder for you in the skin pack; you will have your name and number on the windows (PM me with your choice of banner/rims).
    • The stock Reiza skins are disabled, and you will get a mismatch if you choose one of those when joining the server. Download the skin pack and choose a livery from that.
    • Make sure you extract the two files included in the track download (commonmaps_decrypt.mas & commonmaps3.mas) to the ...\GSC2013\GameData\Locations folder.
    • Don't spoil my championship chances by putting your Mini in front of mine! :D
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Geoffrey Fournier Licensed Driver

Don't be in front of me also please. Hehe good to see some more signs ups and to see you back ;)
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

My screenshot are not saving! Rob had created an amazing O-Sport skin and I would like to show it off! Looks Fantastic on the mini!c ;)

Thanks again Rob. (I know, thats like 10 times i've thanked you! haha)
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

Uff! Could be right up there in the standings if not for these n00bish punctures, missing round 1 also. Somebody help me, pleeease!! Haha ;)
  8. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Dont use the upload file for now i think it is bugged, use the image link above (tree pic), host elsewhere and paste the link there.
  9. Aaron Channer Licensed Driver

SRP Mini Challenge season 2 is now running on GSC version 1.21.

If you try to access the server with any other previous version - you wont be able to.

To update your version to 1.21, go to your GSC2013 installation folder, and run 'GSC Sync.exe'. GSC Sync will update your version to 1.21.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Dont forget!
    www.dropbox.com/s/l3372cultpgclqf/reiza03.rfm
    All drivers will need to install this edited rfm file in the following location... \GSC2013\rFm - to be able to enter the race server.
    You are advised to save your old 'reiza03.rfm' file (either rename, or move to another location).
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

It is nearly 3 gigabytes too guys so those with slow connections, hurry hurry please. :)
  11. Sebastien Foucart Licensed Driver

Two day for me for DL !!!!!!! :mad:
  12. Nicolas Béver Licensed Driver

Bad idea to update the server during the championship specially at few days of next race :-(
    Some guys have a really bad connection
  13. Geoffrey Fournier Licensed Driver

It's quite the same connection as Sebastien for myself also. It would have been better to say 13 days before the race. And not 5days...
    Why not use the same version as the beginning of the season for Magny-cours and let us 2 weeks to download ?
    Edit: Do how ever you want, but if you do that, you will loose 1 driver and we aren't so much so...
  14. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

Wooah! :(

I was angry when it took me 25 minutes to download earlier today. :p
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Aaron Channer Licensed Driver

lol same for me at 10 minutes. :D
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Aaron Channer Licensed Driver

My advice guys; if it takes you days to download a 3gb update, you need to upgrade your internet connection.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  17. Geoffrey Fournier Licensed Driver

I pay 40euros a month for have a sh*tty connection... Not my fault if i live in a small village of 500 persons... haha 180ko's/s average <3
    • List
  18. Sebastien Foucart Licensed Driver

I have the maximum speed of the Internet.
  19. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

If you're within a reasonable distance of a mobile phone network repeater (mast), you could consider using a dongle. For less than €40 per month, you could have a good 3G connection (about 3Mbits/s). I used this type of connection for about 1 year when I lived in the Republic of Ireland and it was fine for driving and TS at the same time, the only problem was being limited to 5Gb per month data usage, or I would pay lots of extra if I used more. Also, it's best to be quite near the mast (within about 3km), or at least have a direct line-of-sight, or the speed is a lot less.

EDIT: If you already have a mobile phone on a contract, ask your network operator about including an internet dongle in your plan (they usually want you start a new minimum period), maybe you can get both the phone and the dongle on a good deal?
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

We have all had to download the update, we will all have to drive the same car and sim.

No one is at a disadvantage.

It doesnt take too long, the sync program is bugged for me and does not show how much is left to download instead it stays on 29**gb.