SRP Mini Challenge S2: General Discussion

Discussion in 'SRPMC Season 2 (finished)' started by Aaron Channer, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

It will to you tho, you gone from a 1800's 1024 to 3 screens lol ;)
  2. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

No, No. I have not got them set up. Had them here for a while now, just not had time nor bothered to.
  3. Andy Vandevelde Licensed Driver

I agree with Nicolas that driving in cockpit is only for the best real racers :p . Witch is not for everyone haha.

Top racing Driving is hard to control and our sheppy could have problems with that. Lol :D
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

I used to drive using bonnet view all the time, until about 2 years ago, when I decided to get more "pro". On my rig, some sims had a much better frame rate in bonnet view than in cockpit, so that was my excuse...right up till the moment I installed a better graphics card! Now I use cockpit view almost exclusively (except in some cars like rF2's Corvette C6R, where you can't see enough of the track, even with some seat adjustment imo) and it's helped to improve the whole experience.

Anyway, we digress...I didn't notice any significant change in the FOV after the update to v1.21. I use a 1920x1080 display, with a 54° FOV.
    As Andy Bonar has said, a small change in the height of the seating position, like someone's taken my seat cushion away before getting strapped in! The bonnet cam is a little higher than before.
    I have two installs of GSC so that I can run either v1.15 or v1.21 if needed, so I took some screenshots in both views:

03_GSCX_v1.15_cockpit.JPG ←v1.15 / v1.21→ 04_GSCX_v1.21_cockpit.JPG

01_GSCX_v1.15_bonnet.JPG ←v1.15 / v1.21→ 02_GSCX_v1.21_bonnet.JPG

My shots clearly show a difference in FOV to Chris's. It's strange that it changed a lot more for some of you guys :confused:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Andy Vandevelde Licensed Driver

Its all fine at me now so probs are over . Like Rob said some changes in seat position and the stuttering is mostly graphical so v1.21 suits ok.
  6. Sebastien Foucart Licensed Driver

Lol, the update is just a suspension kit Ohlins o_O.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  7. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

...and Chris? Should've gone to Specsavers. :p
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Marco Sbordoni Licensed Driver

Finally I have my pc running again.
    Someone in a great mood can sum up what are the steps to update the game to the next race?
  9. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

That's good Marco, we missed you! :)

First thing is this: we discovered that people who didn't pay for their copy of GSC o_O were not able to update successfully. They are now out of the championship...unless they decide to spend some money.
    Assuming your game is legitimate, simply follow the instructions in Aaron's post earlier in this thread.
  10. Marco Sbordoni Licensed Driver

Thank you Rob.
    All seem working good.
    You missed me? Really?
    You have a plugin that show you during races what are happening in the last positions? ahahahhaa
  11. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Yes, I always know where everyone is on the track. It's called the "Track Map" :p
    Of course, I mean we missed your friendly chat and general nice way of being Italiano!
  12. Marco Sbordoni Licensed Driver

Rob because i'm for first Romano...then Italiano ;-)
  13. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

All roads lead to Rome.
  14. Marco Sbordoni Licensed Driver

Listened already :)

And this year for Champion League too finally.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  15. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Ah now you lost me when you mentioned football, unfortunately I'm now asleep! [IMG]
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Geoffrey Fournier Licensed Driver

A Football fan!!!! In the simracing world!!! Yes finally someone other than me ;) I don't think so about the AS Roma to do a good performance this year especially without Medhi Benatia (now to Bayern Munchen) but let's see... Looking forward to Paris SG, i'm not a PSG fan but i support all frenchs clubs in european competitions and this would be good that they go in final ;)
  17. Marco Sbordoni Licensed Driver

Ohhh Geoffrey I'm happy that this year we play Champions, i know that will be hard for us.
    We play against Bayern, Manchester City and CSKA Moscow :-(
  18. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Som e on e mehzzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzz :p
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

Up the Chels! ;)
  20. Warren Schembri Licensed Driver

Well I missed you :)
    Not sure if that's a good thing from my side but we all need competition :)