Tyre wear/Engine temp etc plugin?

Discussion in 'rFactor 1' started by Kyle Lossor, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Kyle Lossor Licensed Driver

So I've been having another look at rf1 with the upcoming EPS, and not having played it much at all in the past, I'm wondering whats out there, plugins etc wise, in terms of feeding real-time data to the hud.

Currently just using fazerbox's map plugin, but would like to get a little more info in while racing. Anyone point me in the right direction?
  2. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

rF1 is over 10 years old, and much of the software which was originally developed for it doesn't work with the updated executables. For example, I've had some success with rFDynHUD before, but it doesn't support 64-bit. Then there's the XD plugin, but there are lots of different versions, and it's a waste of time fishing for one that works, imo.
    If you have a second monitor you can hook up, I would recommend Z1 Dashboard, which is highly customisable, supports just about every sim imaginable, and has some features which don't exist anywhere else. The downside is that it's not free: demo quits after 15min, costs $24.99.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Wayne Reed SRP League Organiser

The best one out there I have found and use all of the time is "GID V1.1.2 - Global Info Display e Trackmap"

There is also "rfDynHUD by CTDP" also really really good.
  4. Ricky Davies Licensed Driver

Dashmeterpro kyle, you can use it on your phone or tablet its in the android market place really cheap and you can also get iphone version.
  5. Kyle Lossor Licensed Driver

Bingo. GID gave me everything I needed in one go. Thanks Wayne.

Nice one for the other info too gents ;)
  6. Ricky Davies Licensed Driver

just to mention dashmeterpro shows up as DashmeterRO RF2 but it works for both ;)
  7. Kyle Lossor Licensed Driver

Think I actually may have bought dashmeter when I grabbed iHUD a while back, will have to have a look. Though tbh, I prefer to get everything I need to watch regularly on one of the screens in front of me. Shifting my gaze down for that split second can end in tears :D
  8. Kyle Lossor Licensed Driver

Hmm... anyone know how to get rid of a massive deadzone on t500 pedals?... The wheel and steering are fine, but the pedals are missing maybe 40% of their travel :(

EDIT: Nevermind, managed to sort it for the most part.
  9. Joshua Anderson Licensed Driver

GID is actually at v1.5 now (and has been for a while), includes RFE weather support with a weather tool which says how much rain, estimated time of driving left on current fuel, and a heck of a load of stuff. I highly recommend you update. ;)
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  10. Kyle Lossor Licensed Driver

Cheers for the heads up Joshua, will do on the update ;)