What Happens Next?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Shaun Clarke, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Evening all.

Well you all asked...what happens next, well this is what I propose.....what happens next

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  2. Dean Snell Licensed Driver

Count me in... :cool:
  3. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

4. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

well that's a nice change !! ...I thought all people in SRP were strange Formula- Phobics :D !!! ...this will happen after the BMW cup of course ???
  5. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Actually, we do have a history of open-wheel racing:

IFM Season 1

IFM Season 2

IFM Season 3

as well as numerous events in single seaters. There have also been attempts at a Karting league in rF1, and some progress was made towards IFM season 4 (using the ISI F2 car in rF2).
    Not necessarily: the BMW M235i Challenge runs of Fridays, leaving 6 other nights of the week, and that's a series, not a league. Shaun's idea for the F3 is a full league, I believe.
  6. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

Ah ,I didn't know the history !! ...but I meant anyone I talk to is like " eeeeeeeK an openwheeler :eek: , I hate open wheelers " :D
  7. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

I don't remember having that conversation with you, my friend. Having raced karts, FFord (and a F2000 car on an experience day) in RL, I got the bug for single seaters a long time ago. The FR3.5 in rF2 is particularly good, I would like to see some events in that car. :cool:
  8. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Hi NK,

Yeah Rob is right. Mine will be a full on Championship / League, using all the real rules and reg where possible. The only change I have to make is the change of Snetterton to Thruxton, as Snetterton is currently not available on AC, but all the other circuits on the calendar are.

I am currently talking to my friend Tristan Cliffe, who was a F3 driver for a few years to give me the low down.

I will then put pen to paper and draw up the plans.

As I need to be around, and would like to take part, as the more I drive (been testing ) I am loving this car. I will most probably hold on a Sunday evening, as during the week, my days being at home can be a bit hit and miss. I will have a good look around, and try and avoid any other races that are held on a Sunday.
  9. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

From the start of August, EVERY Sunday is already taken with rF2 qualifying and test races for the Porsche Mobil 1 SuperCup. The first free Sunday after that phase is over will be 4th October and then every 2 weeks until the end of the year.

You'll have to ask Andreas why the dates for the BMWs and the Porsches are not on the Race Calendar yet.
  10. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Because Andreas have so less time, hvae to reply to so many threads and is lazy :p.
  11. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Just to give you a heads up on where we are up to. We are going to run the F3 Cup UK. When, not sure yet. The F3, in it's current form, is very twitchy on the front end (having a castor value of 16). I have spoken to Tristan Cliffe (F3 Driver) and this should be set to 10.5 degrees at the front, and 16 at the rear(which is meaningless in a sim, as the rear doesn't steer, but IRL its used to eliminate bump steer)

Kris has managed to get in to the data.acd file and has made the changes, as well as adjusting the FFB to a more suitable level (currently testing)

OK I know Mods ask you not to mess / make changes etc etc without their strict permission. I have tried 4 times to contact the creator, with no replies thus far, but I will keep on.

Also, something I never knew, Kris is a WIZ in Excel, so he is also funking up my results spread sheet, so it looks like the one they use, taken from the F3 Cup website.

I have received all the rules, reg's and scoring system that the F3 cup uses from TC. Rob H has done a fantastic logo for us. The one from the official F3 site was too small.

So all the wheels are in motion. There is also a possibility of this being a sponsored series, but more on that later.

As soon as I can start to concrete things, I will release the template and series details so that you can start to design your own.

Shaun
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Neil Rocks Licensed Driver

Sounds good. As I've said, not an open wheel guy usually but I'd go for this. My opinion, though: wait until the BMW series is done, or winding up. I'm only speaking for myself, but I have limited simracing time as it is, and the F3 will require a lot of practise for me to be anything other than a mobile chicane, so if it came down to this vs. BMW Challenge, I'd give F3 a miss.
  13. Stacy Newcomb Licensed Driver

I can only agree with Neil's comments, I'm committed to the BMW and making a final decision on a second series, this would be bottom of the pile for me, but I would be willing to throw myself into it "After" the BMW's.
  14. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Don't panic chaps, we are way off anything just yet. Me and Kris are still testing the new suspension model for the car, with all the "real" info we received from TC, so the car isn't finished yet. Also, I haven't received permission to release the new physics, but I have made contact now, which is a step forward.

Here is the plan:

1) Get the model finished
    2) Get permission from the creators to use the updated physics and release to general public
    3) Release model and template
    3) Invite people for testing sessions
    4) Finish the Scoring sheet
    5) Get all the Rules and Regs done
    6) Announce the start date
    7) Start the series

So as you can see, still a lot to do, but it might cross over at some point, as the BMW runs until December, and I wanted to start this earlier than that.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to give you an update on what's going on here, as I know this has seemed pretty quiet.

Kris has been working hard on the physics for the F3. I have been talking to a F3 driver, my friend Tristan Cliffe, and he has provided so much detail, I am glad Kris know's what he is doing, but to give you a general idea, this is what has been changed thus far, and if I have missed anything, @Kris Vickers will let you know:

Front and Rear Caster settings
    Kingpin (Steering Axis Inclination) degree's
    Accurate Torque Figures and gearing ratios
    COG Height
    Weight Balance Front to Rear
    Provided us with documentation of F3 drivers hand book and FIA rules (Min Ride height etc etc)
    And Handling details ( they drive like they are on rails when setup correctly, TC's words)

So as you can see, we practically have a new car compared to the download link I gave you all. I have had permission as well to do all this, and they would be very interested in our Data folder when Kris is finished, which is great.

Kris gave me the updated file last night, and I am now testing it.

Like I was hoping, this is going to be as close to the realistic thing as it can get and I cannot thank Kris enough for all his time and patience with me on this.

More to follow.......
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Did you eventually get the permission from the creators to alter the mod then, yeah?
  17. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Yeah Rob I did. I initially got in contact with a guy on the team, but I have now had a reply from the creator, as he has been away.
  18. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Excellent. :) Please pass on our gratitude to Tristan...and ask him why isn't he a registered member yet?! o_O:p
  19. Shaun Clarke Licensed Driver

Ha Ha, I had already spoke to him about this, but he is so busy with running a team (real racing team) and drivers at the moment. He is not driving this year, as money ran out, which I was gutted to here, he is a fantastic driver and deserved to keep driving, but he hasn't even had time to drive Thruxton on AC yet.
  20. Kris Vickers Licensed Driver

I`ve only really popped on the forums briefly lately.

I used to check throughout the day at work, but since the start of May, t`s kicked off and I`ve been so busy it`s untrue.

Also, Shaun has been slaving me to do this F3, so even my spare time has gone now . . .
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List